EvilGnome: A New Backdoor Implant Spies On Linux Desktop Users

GNU/LINUX CONFIRMED BOTNET
thehackernews.com/2019/07/linux-gnome-spyware.html

Attached: evilgnome.png (873x458, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6n3pFFPSlW4
gnu.org/fun/jokes/evilmalware.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First systemd and now A FUCKING FOOT, at this point redhat needs to be outlawed.

By installing a GNOME plugin, what a surprise

lol GNOME is a fucking joke.
that's what you get for having nigs and trannies as "developers"

>need to install a fucking extension or plugin to make the gnome at least usable
The power of freetards

>and also due to its low market share
Lel. Confirmed for being a fucking brainlet. Linux has higher market share than windows (or any other OS) on every front except desktop, which is the least profitable market for hackers. Only script kiddies attack desktops and the fact that you don't need a single brain cell to abuse windows doesn't mean Linux is inherently secure, it just means windows is absolute garbage.
Not to mention this thing only affects GNOME for now. And GNOME is on less than half of Linux installs.

I haven't seen the source code yet but I assume you can convert this into an extension for any DE and not just GNOME based ones. Thing is Xorg is actually shit since it's trivial to make a keylogger on it.

It's literally just GNOME. Anyone using it is retarded for not using i3/dwm because both also "stay out of your way" and need configuring to make them usable, except they don't lag and stutter when doing basic desktop things. So it's the power of foottards.

Install Gentoo unironically.

>Thinking Gnome is the only DE
The power of proptards

I like i3, but it requires a learning curve. A good alternative for those who don't want to spend time on it is xfce or lxde. Also, this is specifically for Gnome Shell. Other DEs aren't as intrusive.

>Unironically believing that when one of the major DE's is infected, the rest is still perfectly safe.
Stage one.

everybody fucking knows this will be fixed in a week or less. you fags are forgetting this isn't windows and the source is out there you fucking idiots. still it makes me glad that I switched to BSD with a WM

Disguised as a gnome extension because they didn't think gnome users would notice the extra 2GB ram consumed with no added functionality.

Attached: laughing grils.jpg (398x241, 29K)

>need configuring to make them usable
What a retarded piece of software.

>Furthermore, the researchers also found connections between EvilGnome and Gamaredon Group, an alleged Russian threat group that has been active since at least 2013 and has targeted individuals working with the Ukrainian government.
Huh

Gnome extensions are not in the repos and that is how somebody put it in there.

>Downloading form external websites and not using repos

Just do some minimal work and check what have you downloaded.

You idiot it's a GNOME extension trojan not a linux botnet.

You can also install GNOME on a *BSD dumbfuck.

It's a unsigned 3rd party plugin not from official repo and not part of GNOME DE.

gnome btfo again
lxqt gang rise up!

Attached: 1554530776099.jpg (800x1200, 105K)

Not just that but a Gnome extension only available on a website in russia with only an ip address.

>2019
>using anything but i3

THICCC

tummy too small

>using gnome
You deserve it

get this man a funnel

Video of how it works:
youtube.com/watch?v=6n3pFFPSlW4

mandatory reading:
gnu.org/fun/jokes/evilmalware.html

>MFW I installed i3

Attached: 1562666241794.png (186x175, 78K)

Based

in defense of gnome users, gnome generally uses about 4gb so an extra 2gb isn't really noticeable. plus, they removed the process viewer app anyway so it's not like anyone will bother opening a command line just to check ram usage.

FPBP

Which extension is infected with this? The article doesn't say, unless I'm an absolute retard who skim reads too much.
Hard to take this site seriously as a source because they always dramaticize every article.

>GNOME starts imposing waylanw
>GNOME malware discovered targeted to xorg (according to the article)
Oh, the coincidence...

>I use a reddit WM and don't realize it was being shilled by redditfags the whole time
as expected

all that fucking cope

Attached: 1531326304326.jpg (350x760, 33K)

>Gnome
What a fucking surprise.

Attached: 1553591011666.png (782x1021, 330K)

W-whoa something redhat made is NSA Spyware....

Who could have seen this coming....

>yet another "vulnerability" that needs remote access

right from the article you dumb faggot:
>a rare piece of Linux spyware
RARE
>there are a very few strains of Linux malware
VERY FEW
>EvilGnome malware masquerades itself as a legit GNOME extension
GNOME EXTENSION

wow. big discovery there.

Attached: Rand_and_Ron_Paul.png (400x300, 180K)