Literally me right now

Literally me right now

Bough 2 boards, both failed to even start. Wasted hours of my life and now I have to deal with shitty RMA processes.

Attached: 5367.png (623x808, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/ce3ift/msi_b450_tomahawk_update/
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbk1qr/msi_b450_gaming_pro_carbon_and_ryzen_5_3600_dont/
reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/cduspi/msi_top_level_supportnot_ryzen_3600_b450m_gaming/
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18421165
guru3d.com/news-story/msi-drops-functions-from-bios-of-amds-300-and-400-series-motherboards-to-support-ryzen-3000.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Were the boards flashed to use the CPUs?

>doesn't know how to build a PC
>buys new CPU that was made a year after a motherboard was put on the shelf and wonders why it doesn't work

Sure you did, Venkata Renduchintala

B450 wouldn't flash. Yes I used a fat32 stick and put MSI.ROM in the root.

Second board I had it bios updated in the shop. Put the cpu in still wouldn't boot.

dont send them back, get a 1200 off amazon and flash the bios's to most modern and then return the 1200

>poor cope
give it a rest, ffs

>says it supports older board
>it doesn't
>wtf this is totally your fault

Hi back to shop, and have them do a proper flash. Bring your CPUs/hardware to test at shop. Moron.

Literally every AMD product I ever bought functioned perfectly out of the box and still works today 7 years later, I will never understand this intel shilling threads...

It's an online shop. Have to start an RMA process and send it back. Asshole.

It does

But you need to update the bios

Do you even know what bios version they flashed? You may need a "beta bios" to actually get the revision with ryzen 3000 support added.

Sounds like user error, plenty of people have working Zen2 in B/Z boards.

Did you actually unzip the bios download and rename the correct file?

Go back and take your shit lakes with you.

Attached: 1563192629795.png (744x420, 106K)

>any year
>shopping for hardware known to fail online instead of a brick and mortar shop
You kinda asked for it

>Did you actually unzip the bios download and rename the correct file?

Yes of course. I'm sad bros. I just wanted to upgrade my 8 year old pc. Maybe this is what I get for shittalking intel and nvidia so much.

Attached: literally me.png (653x726, 42K)

Bro... 8yrs ago if you bought Sandybridge you would not be upgrading at all

Not really true, I think Sandybridge is about EoL in terms of performance for the average workload/gamer. The board for my 2500k just died recently and my replacement spare 2600 optiplex board just died as well. I'm moving on to a 3600 which I think will be a nice upgrade and will keep me satisfied for at least 5 years more.

Honestly when I did the math it was a little shocking my 2500k was 8 years old.

>it's an online shop
Well email, and wait, because you did it to yourself.

>Bough 2 boards
are you building a computer or a treehouse

When I benchmark my ivybridge @ 4.4ghz against ryzen 1000 series builds it comes out faster up to 4 cores, and it's on-par with the ryzen 2000s at 4ghz. It's definitely not slow today even.

>both failed to even start
bullshit.
post proof or tits or GTFO.

Two boards ain't even enough unless they're insanely long.

Op you are fucking retarded.
Don't buy used fucking boards dipshit. Don't buy boards from pc repair shops and shady re sellers.

Also if it didn't pan out the first time why would you try b450 a second time? Just get an x470 board and ryzen 2700x it's dirt fucking cheap right now and no need to fuck with any of this dumb shit.

probably you too

Attached: 1563382563618.jpg (4018x2214, 2.27M)

>cpu wont boot in board 1
>cpu wont boot in board 2
>surely the boards are to blame!

Attached: 1491911970195.png (499x555, 18K)

This.

>build intel pcs all my life
>work everytime
>try ryzen
>nope can't let you have that.

I've been shilling for amd all this time too. fml. Seems like the only option is to either wait for manufacturers to get their bios together or buy a 200$ x570 board for a 200$ cpu. What a shitshow.

>shitty RMA processes
>Not buying on Amazon
Come the fuck on.

get the amd upgrade kit you bungling retard

>LARPing faggot

Attached: Dyfy9yaWwAALhEI.jpg (1024x586, 37K)

If you have two boards that both failed to work, even the most gormless fucker on the planet would start looking at the possibility that some other component is to blame. Either you havent plugged in something that should be plugged in or your power supply is woefully inadequate. I would start with those two assumptions and eliminate them. I suspect you are too gormless to have plugged in the 12v cable , usually somewhere at the top of the board near the CPU. The same kind of power cable the GPU often uses

>i fail at the easiest tasks and thats AMDs fault

Attached: 1432701991709.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

are these niggas retarded? (thats my screenshot yes)

was never fond of msi but this is a new low ...

Attached: 1501400284660.jpg (312x312, 14K)

forgot my screenshot jaypeg

(check the dates)

Attached: msithankyouforbetatesting.jpg (1356x867, 132K)

so which b450 boards are good?

Attached: 2df32df900.jpg (364x364, 41K)

im hearing about all these retards buying b450 boards and them having problems or failing how about stop being a poorfag

the msi ones were top kek for 2000's ... but not ready for the 3000's

if you buy a x570 for a 3600 CPU you're wasting money

if you don't even utilize what you buy you're a dumbfag not a poorfag

dont RMA

send back to where you bought it

Attached: AYMD.png (480x285, 67K)

Fuck off with your false flags.

lmao no

pro carbon, tomahawk, m gaming plus

you asshole those are the ones that are fucked up lol

also why doesn't this retard sub have user ID's

Attached: 39072497.jpg (965x602, 114K)

?

>buy hardware
>it just werks
>every single time
am I just lucky or what

my tomahawk works perfectly, stop blaming hardware for your fuckups

No, retards just can't take the blame

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbk1qr/msi_b450_gaming_pro_carbon_and_ryzen_5_3600_dont/

reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/cduspi/msi_top_level_supportnot_ryzen_3600_b450m_gaming/

Attached: 1477685907565.jpg (497x493, 79K)

post timestamp

too bad
they're some of the best value b450 boards

i know and they were top kek for the ryzen 2000's - its just their bios is fucked up, apparently enough are having problems for them to shit out a barely different bios version with wrong title, date and barely any differences

was helping someone get theirs running - googled it up for them ... was exactly as described by the reddit faggots posting in the comments

no boot, boots once, no bios, black screen, red cpu warning led ... yada yada whatever

Attached: 1506364062240.jpg (852x480, 25K)

to be fair I didn't get any of those 3, but I did get a b450 MSI board for the 3600 and I've had 0 issues

AMD - Always Mediocre Delivery

?

mine just works :)

Congratulations you won the AMD boot roulette

>Have x470 board running a ryzen 2600
>Buy a ryzen 3700x
>Put it in
>Works
Really not that hard OP

Attached: 1390920739317.jpg (700x665, 88K)

Did you have a previous ryzen or did u buy a x570?

That's the problem. Getting it running without a previous ryzen chip without buying an x570.

>have b360 board
>install 8700
>it works
>ram runs at 2666 as advertised
>maxes out my 1440p 144hz monitor on e-sports titles with minimal adjustments

guys, Jow Forums said intel was obsolete

that part has been obsoleted by the 9900k

In case you weren't paying attention, Jow Forums has been invaded by AMD shills from r/amd for at least a couple of years now.

>reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/ce3ift/msi_b450_tomahawk_update/
HOLY SHIT!

Just canceled my preorder.

Looks like I'll get the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite.

and that's a good thing

no

Attached: it just works.png (343x443, 23K)

What usb flash did u use? I'm starting to think It's my shitty 3.0 usb.

some ancient 4gb kingston, you know the keyring ones

Worked fine for me, dumbass.
Besides, AMD is literally sending out loan CPUs so you can flash boards.

I bought a MSI B450-PRO - I flashed it fine using the on-board noCPU flashing. Worked great.

"The good old gamer" on YouTube said he had to let it power cycle a long time before it booted the first time.

literally sent back both 3700x and b450, i'm buying the 9700kf and a z390

FUCK AMD

That was always a thing with Ryzen for the first time boot, right?

I flashed an MSI B450 Gaming Plus with newest bios using a Ryzen 1600. Popped in the 3700X and everything was fine for about 5 minutes and then the PC crashed. I go to check out bios and get another crash while I'm looking at stuff. Same thing a couple more times, and now I can't even get it to post. Switch in the old 1600 and it still won't post and flash back isn't working at all. So..RMA I guess?

lmao yes

I'm not upgrading, no reason to. I use a 75hz freesync monitor. Every game is locked to 75fps solid.
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18421165

lmao sure

This reminds me of cooking with Jack

>Ivy
>Sandy

Nearly the same thing. Ivy performs 7-8% better IPC and overclocks 200-300mhz worse. I originally had an 2500k and a spilled drink killed it, but it was at 4.6ghz and performed pretty much identical.

> I originally had an 2500k and a spilled drink killed it
lol

Attached: rosss.png (720x710, 729K)

>Almost bought a Tomahawk today along with some RAM and a 3600
>Put it off after seeing people having problems with the motherboards
Hope this shit gets fixed soon.

yeah what else, gotta be retarded to wait on bios updates unless you're patient

esp. if its an easy RMA (amazon)

That's why you don't let women put drinks on your PC when there's a top fan vent. The fan splatters it all over the motherboard then fuck

Mortar is goat

image made me laugh. cheers.

Attached: 1501934976554.png (680x592, 275K)

>I originally had an 2500k and a spilled drink killed it, but it was at 4.6ghz and performed pretty much identical.
>Not using 5.25" PC cup holder in 2019.
The absolute state of Jow Forums.

Attached: 255g2hj5.png (320x246, 23K)

fuck, my tomahawk just arrived today and i've been waiting for 7 years to upgrade my shitty vishera fx6300

and ofc he stops responding lole

Zen 2 launched at the beginning of Mercury retrograde. Not the absolute worst time but expect problems until at least early August.

Attached: d96.png (1200x1200, 2.51M)

Ive literally done that, as have many others. As long as the socket and chipset match, I don't really see a problem.

Get a board with bios flashback like a human bean?

The amount of MAD itt from OP and the intcels is pretty amazing.

Step 1. Use a USB you didn't find on a park bench or bought from some chinese e-tailer.

Step 2. Flash bios

Step 3. Boot.

Yeah the 2600k is the only viabl;e one for gaming nowdays the 2500k is seriously hampered by only having 4 threads.

intel always wins baby

I went to work

What am I even responding to, I already said everything that needs to be said in this thread. Do you want me to keep you company today?

>bought MSI B450 gaming plus and Ryzen 3700X
>Have all my parts besides Ram
>Ram coming Monday
>Hear about MSI bios bs
Any chance this will be fixed by the time I get my ram? Or should I cut my losses and return the motherboard and get a different one?

Attached: 1516833584756.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>Blame AMD for all your problems
>has MSI board
There's your problem
guru3d.com/news-story/msi-drops-functions-from-bios-of-amds-300-and-400-series-motherboards-to-support-ryzen-3000.html

Every board is having bios issues, MSI is just the most relevant because they make the best b450 boards. And what you just posted has nothing to do with what's causing problems.

me installing debian