Is app based food delivery the future or just a gimmick?

Is app based food delivery the future or just a gimmick?

Attached: 1543171978904.png (512x512, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mnqj31VPNoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been using these kinds of services for a few weeks now and it's been really nice. I don't see them going anywhere.

learn to cook and do your groceries, you lazy fat fuck!

Are people going to continue getting fatter and lzier in the future?

this kind of service is really popular in bangkok.

>bangcock
lmao

Dont even buy groceries hunt and plant your food

One night in bangkok and this cures your hunger.
youtube.com/watch?v=mnqj31VPNoE

Prices don't reflect quality of food. You'd think paying fucking $15 for an order of carne asada would get you 2 well marinated and tender cuts of flap steak and nice heaping of sides like fried beans and rice. Instead you get 2 burnt sparsely seasoned chuck steaks with the consistency of a tire, 2 razor thin corn tortillas, and enough stale grains of rice enough to feed a single pigeon.

You might as well just cook yourself or dine at your favorite restaurant they still don't have on uber eats/door dash for whatever massively retarded reason.

Attached: 1483148266024671.png (375x523, 330K)

uhm, i don't do manual labour, sorry

>the future
lmao this was a thing in shitholes like Brazil for years before uber eats even existed.

>Bangkok
It's about 800-1000 km north of Phuket.

It's already the future. at least for restaurants that refuse to invest into delivery drivers, it's a nice way to try out restaurants that you never really think of going to.
The only issue is the amount of money you spend on fees.
A $10 order can go to $20-$25 pretty damn easy after delivery fee + tip and that's just not worth it for chinese or wendy's and shit.
But people still do it, and I have no issues with that.
t. actual DoorDash and GrubHub wagecuck

I was considering installing this shit on my phone but I realized I was only gonna use it to order fast food at work, so no.
On that note, I don't know how people can eat everyday for lunch instead of packing something to eat, that's easily $50 a week on lunch just for one person, $75 if they get it delivered daily.

*eat out everyday

It's not the future. Apps suck. Someone is just going to provide a general delivery service that contracts to the restaurants themselves that doesn't cost a billion dollars and will pay the drivers as employees not "contractors."

uber/lyft/etc are gonna die soon and all that will be left is the ultra premium taxi services.

I want to eliminate as much human interaction as possible, even 5 seconds on the phone. Grubhub works well enough for me.

I've gone out to lunch every day at work for over a year now.

I need ideas to Uber eat. What food is good?

Lazy fat fuck

no, i'm 1,75m tall and 52kg, so i'm tiny and cute, but i don't do manual labour.

lazy ugly manlet

Anything so I don't need to yell at the Chinese lady on the phone that I need more duck sauce.

hes truly a slave to the machine he works for.

give us all your mutt bux for overpriced food.

then go back to work like a good goy.

I love paying exorbitant prices for pajeet to give me food I'm to lazy to get myself

I used to use a similar service in canada and it was terrible.
when I was in the US uber eats was okay

Attached: .jpg (592x960, 67K)

>Is app based food delivery the future or just a gimmick?
In theory? Separating the delivery services from the providers makes a lot of sense.
In practice? It's another avenue for venture capitalists to game and abuse low end labor while providing shitty service at excessive prices.

Attached: 1400209569924.jpg (382x322, 30K)

>overpriced food
>USA
You're thinking if Canada user. Mutts are fat for a reason, and Cucknadians can't afford to be.

There's no way anyone makes more than federal minimum wage doing this shit for a living.

i had to uninstall this when i realised i was spending like $100 a week on burgers and other garbage

the app itself is genius ()
>the consumer eats shit because of the feeling of shame when they realise that they've just spent $25 to have mcdonalds delivered at 11AM and now a stranger knows about it
>the driver makes nothing
>uber takes a nice little fee for having facilitated the whole thing

this, you can go full bodybuilder austismo and make meals for a whole week.

Attached: Bodybuilder_Competition_Diet.jpg (720x540, 90K)

is that tilapia and veges for every meal for a week?!?

Like all things around the gig economy, it's just the nueue race to the bottom gimmick.

The future? It's the present, sweetie, and has been for years.

For me, it's going on Amazon and ordering buckets of rice and beans directly to my doorstep.

Attached: 1563099837631.jpg (700x658, 77K)

Its a gimmick - just part of the lazy milenial generation

>ordered it from it twice
>both times their dumbass driver wouldn't break eye contact expecting a cash tip
I rated them one star, hope they get banned.

why would I do that if I'm not poor?

I use it weekly and it works wonderfully in my country. It's the nice side of having a broken economic system and high rates of unemployment.

>cooking 11 days in advance
meal preppers are a special kind of npc retard. That shits going to be real unappetizing in a day or two

i think he was looking at you because thats what you do when you talk to someone. maybe you have asbergers

>being so fucking lazy you order food to be delivered to your house
I'm a huge, oldass, arthritic fat fuck and I still get off my goddamn ass to go get food, you skinny fucking children.

this is made for busy people
think people who only get half an hour for lunch and can't just jump in their car and go to eat because they won't make it in time

id rather get chewed out by my boss for being 15 mins late than risk some fat retard spit in my food

>Let's make overpriced shitty food even more overpriced
The only restaurants worth a damn, where you pay for shit you won't be bothered to make at home or can't make, don't do uber eats or any form of 3rd party (or 1st party) delivery.

I don't use it too much but it's the only way to pay with credit card in a lot of local food places because third world, and it seems quite popular.

>only getting 1/2 hour for lunch
You need a new goddamn job, kid. Holy living fuck. That's almost cruel right there.

I have a job like that. I do the normal thing of making my lunch the night before, even if it's just left overs from dinner, and shoving it in the fridge at work when I get there.

How much are the delivery fees?
I really dislike the idea of having multiple delivery accounts just because certain restaurants only partner with one service.

That's standard in Australia. I've got an okay job, individual income in the top 10%, and I only get 30min for lunch.
Better than it used to be. Normally if companies hire you as a contractor here, they'll claim you are an independent contractor even if, legally, you aren't. Just so they don't have to give you your 20 days off a year, long service leave, or anything like that.

Usually it's a couple bucks (maybe 2$) and a standard 15% tip. I don't use it that often so YMMV.
It was nice using it that one time I was sick and that time I wanted to send a friend who was sick some food but it's definitely retarded to use daily unless you make a lot of money and don't mind somebody jerking off in your burger.

It's fucking jewery of course.

At least here in Mexico:
>Restaurants have to pay a 30% cut to uber, etc
>You still have to pay for delivery

And idiots love it because muh coupons and deals
Those come from the 30% cut from the restaurant

Most restaurants had to raise their prices by 30% as the delivery apps don't allow price differences from the menu. The consumer ends up paying that 30% even when ordering inside the restaurant.

Oh and millennials here dislike tipping uber delivery guys because the app already pays them

asian markets already have than
i mean you could order someone to buy or do something for money

Attached: grab.jpg (720x941, 65K)

I use it when I don't have time to get groceries. Sometimes you get home from work too late to go shopping and uber eats is the answer. I use it like once a month.

Ausfag here I get 30mins for lunch as well but take an hour anyway

My work has a food delivery service that rotates restaurants and gives us credit for ordering as an employee. It's pretty based

Any of you guys work at uber? Uber eats is headhunting me.

I love them.

I always make fresh accounts with fame details so I can get first order bonuses

Getting the food delivered through the app ends up being cheaper than if I went to the restaurant and ordered it without the app

And if I go to actually pick up the food myself while ordering through the app it's even cheaper. My 18$ of food now becomes 8$

can you do this with the same credit card repeatedly?

I don't have an issue using the same debit card

I don't eat food from shit tier restaurants, so no.

give me promo codes

We have similar apps here in Indonesia (GoFood and Grabfood). The driver just buy the food themselves when recieving orders and delivered them to the adress. Sometimes I wonder whether that was worth it for the driver
Some asshole occasionally abused it by ordering food and cancelling it making the driver need to pay the food themselves.

I drove postmates for a day back when fast food partnerships weren't a thing and you had to order manually, it's really not fucking worth it.
They gave you a corporate debit card that would occasionally fail and you had to excuse yourself while digging into the app options and finding the option to report an issue with payment method.
>walk in
>order food reading out order from your phone while looking down and feeling like a retard
>slide postmates debit card
>walk out with food
>i hope you have a way to secure drinks because this order has 5 of them!!
>don't forget to take a picture of the receipt so POSTMATES can verify you didn't fuck them over
>OOPS CAMERA APP CRASHED
>literally won't give me their fucking address so I can deliver it if I don't complete this step
>can't even take a picture normally and attach it as a file
>have to tap the camera icon so it'll take an ad-hoc pic and upload it
>try this 10 times and waste 5 minutes
>drive around
>it's a fucking school and i'm delivering to middle schoolers

Imagine making this shit your full time job, that's kill-yourself tier.

The card and app work a lot better now, but you still make jack shit for money as a driver.

As society breaks down and people lose trust, everything will eventually be delivered as public spaces will be congregated in by hordes of unruly gangs. Some people will live their entire lives in skyscrapers, never coming down but to hop on the train and be transported to the place they work.

It's the future but it requires a huge amount of cheap labour. In China services like this are everywhere, even in smaller towns. The deliverymen get about 60-70 cents per delivery, and so they race to collect and deliver as many as they can, often driving extremely dangerously. And everyone uses the service at some point. I used the service for lunch at work. At some point during the morning I'd book a delivery for lunchtime, and it'd show up right on the mark. Then also it was good for things like alcohol, since you could order all manner of booze at any time of night. You could also order fresh groceries, meat, fish, LIVE chickens, even. Also medicine, batteries, contact lenses... all sorts of stuff. Honestly, it made going back home feel like going back in time, despite my home country being first world. Could the west reach the same level in this respect? I don't know. China has so many migrants to their cities (from the countryside) that there will always be someone willing to do that difficult and dangerous job for tiny pay. In the west there are labour laws, licensing laws, more laws about driving safety, etc. so I somehow doubt it will ever get to the same level.

It's the future for the next 5 years or however long it takes til the next recession hits.
From an employee's stand point, it's something to do on the side, not a job replacement.

I've spent $300 (AUD) in the past two weeks on Deliveroo, the subscription that waives the delivery fee makes it more palatable.

>Spent more on food in the past two weeks than I did in the past 2 months
Jesus, user

my diary desu

That's right. i'll let the underpaid Uber driver spit in my food and if he is so gracious give me some of his secret sauce.

yeah I spend a similar amount. can't be fucked after work but I do cook on weekends

What the hell are you buying

It's only a bit over $21 a meal, really not much.

do you buy lunches too? I do maybe 3 times a week but try to keep it ~$12-15

when i can order loli-slave delivery?

Attached: ______.png (512x512, 11K)

I get chinese girls sometimes. try tipping them well

Nah, usually dinner. I'm already out during lunch hours so not much point to ordering and waiting 20-30 minutes to get my food delivered, when I'm home I can't be fucked to cook.

Frozen Pizza is $5 and worth two meals

I can make $21 last me 2 weeks, that's insane.

le oats and rice face

I just meant getting lunch from cafes/chippies rather than home made, but that answers that

not in australia you can't. you can do $8-10 per home cooked meal but less than that is eating like a rat

Yes
When robots/self-driving cars become practical and the cost of labor begins to approach zero, it will probably put regular delivery drivers out of business

I appreciate this post

Frozen pizza is disgusting, I'd rather eat instant noodles.
This.

Instant noodles are disgusting. I'd rather eat frozen pizza.

But robots aren't for free either? They cost tons of precious resources and energy whereas a human can just sit on a simple bike

Chest cooler plus a dozen Costco/Sam's combination pizzas is patrician. Microwave to thaw then finish on a covered frying pan.

It will only be sustainable so long as there are people willing to make zero money and destroy their cars delivering food for fat fucks.

So, probably indefinitely. The type of people in the US who work these type of delivery jobs are looking for quick cash only to go bankrupt once their transmission goes out.

Then again, maybe self driving cars will replace them. We'll see.

I pick up my own food. Want it hot and untampered. Don't even get pizza delivered; i'll pick that shit up myself.

Yes you can, $21 AUD for 2 weeks is possible on your own but obnoxious, $21 USD is more doable.
If you think a home cooked meal has to cost $8-10 you're fucking retarded.
>Chicken breast from wholesale butcher: $6/kg
>Chicken wings from wholesale butcher: $2/kg
>Rump from wholesale butcher: $8/kg
>Whey protein powder: $12/kg
>Gluten powder: $7/kg
>Flour: Sub $1/kg
>Marukin onions sauce (Shits all over kikkoman): $2/litre if you buy in 10L+ lots
>Thai curry paste from a decent brand like mae ploy: $5/kg
>1kg of curry powder: $10
>Onions are 10c/kg when in season
>Jap pumpkins are 48c each atm, potatoes are 98c/kg, pomellos are $1.50/kg, capsicum is 88/kg, sweet potato is 68c/kg, beetroot is 48c/kg
So you're telling me that you eat a japanese style curry with 1kg of meat + 1kg of vegetables for your typical meal

I'm pretty sure their workforce consists of people trying out the driver app for a few days and nobody sticks around more than a month before they realize they're being fucked, and since there's zero fucking training involved, there's always a stream of new drivers to replace them.

People who are high conscientiousness are ripe for exploitation because their solution to everything is "I just gotta work harder" without realising that no matter how lazy or hardworking they are they'll never win the game. Those are the drivers that stick to it despite the numbers never working out.

I think it is extremely profitable 4-5 years ago when these kind of services only started appearing. You could get one month of minimum salary in just 2 weeks of works, nowadays not so much. Gojek and Grab are the equivalent of Uber here.

Is living in Australia really that expensive? We have many from Indonesia who studied abroad to Australia but I think its either rich kids or full on scholarship type who studied there.

Depends entirely how lazy you are vs how lazy the population is.

It'll be fucked soon. The idea is great but the amount of shit that comes from unregistered kitchens, just like all the dodgy cab drivers, is staggering and due for regulation. Just Eat at least requires you to have certain certification before signing up. Uber Eats just expects you to sign up and then pay a fee.

The thing that kills in Australia is rent, but some universities will shove you in dorms if you get a scholarship so that is covered (and the dorms normally provide food as well).
You can eat meat, rice, vegetables and cook them however you want for $5 a day, but rent in the cities is obnoxious.
Before I just plopped a pre-fab down on some land my monthly budget was basically:
$150-200 - Food
$60 - internet
$1500 - rent
Public transport - $50-100
Student amenities, clothes, hobby shit - $200
The current economy really encourages you to stay at home (Which I don't see a problem with, but the predominate culture here is that special kind of US Anglo that wants you to move out ASAP) since 1/2-3/4 your basic living costs will be rent.
I moved out for a bit when I got in a fight with my parents, but moved back after we patched things up. I saved up all the money I would have spent on rent for the other 2.5 years of my degree and used that as a deposit on some land and then just worked while at home to pay it off ASAP and then plopped a prefab home down on it. If my parent's land had room, I would have shoved it there desu.

>We have many from Indonesia who studied abroad to Australia but I think its either rich kids or full on scholarship type who studied there.
99% of international students I know here are loaded.

eating the same 2 meals is eating like a rat. sorry Jow Forums