I have a job interview tomorrow that I'm completely unqualified for...

I have a job interview tomorrow that I'm completely unqualified for. They want a part time junior dev for a language I've never used before (nor claim to have used in my resume). What do I talk about in the interview? What kind of questions should I be able to answer? How much does a fresh out of school dev make?

Attached: FB_IMG_1562960420157.jpg (960x640, 52K)

Don't worry about salary. You won't get an offer

I was in the same boat but I took the interview two days ago. You'll be fine, just act confident. It's no big deal that you don't know the language. Languages are easy to pick up and you aren't worried about becoming proficient in it quickly.
>How much does a fresh out of school dev make?
Depends a lot on your location.

Don't sweat the details. Just walk in, look him in the eye, and give him a strong handshake.

And then the most important thing: you're hired!

>strong handshake
Is this the new euphemism for blowjob?

I'm about an hour outside of a big, but lower cost of living, city.

That's not a lot of information, but probably around 70k

>They want a part time junior dev for a language I've never used before (nor claim to have used in my resume).
What language is it?

Xcode.

That is not a language, it is an IDE. Did you even google it?

Attached: AllKindsOfWhat.jpg (801x536, 90K)

I know nothing about xcode. I don't claim to. That's why I'm worried in the first place...

Attached: 1465396195523.jpg (506x662, 56K)

It is not a language! It is an IDE!

You can sometimes get away with not knowing the latest and greatest meme language if you can demonstrate how you would do it in another meme language. Knowing how to tackle the problem is the most important thing, learning the syntax of a new language shouldn't take too long once you have learned how to structure shit properly.

Yes, but I don't know what they want beyond "xcode." Maybe they work in swift. Maybe they open xcode and bang their heads against the table. All I know is that this is really short notice, and I know nothing about this IDE, the languages used, or what the job entails.

Attached: cUqb4vG.jpg (1080x1920, 251K)

It is almost guaranteed to be either Objective C or Swift. Objective C is laughably easy if you know C++. I have never tried Swift, but is it made by post-Jobs Apple, and so it should be suitable for use by anyone with 50 IQ or higher.

I can get past fizz buzz, write a bubble sort, and wax poetic about the year of the Linux desktop. Anything really difficult is beyond me.

Computing was my minor, and I love playing with code, but I don't see myself as a competent programmer. That said I really need money so here I am interviewing for a job I don't know how to do.

C is actually one of the few languages I've used a decent amount! I did scientific work, so I built a few simulation programs in C. What is objective C like?

Attached: corgi_stylesheets.png (563x1200, 286K)

You are in luck. It is 2019, so they most likely want Swift, and pic related. We are talking about a language that is aimed at people too stupid to handle increments and decrements.

Attached: Untitled3.png (2372x1080, 135K)

Honestly, this is sounding pretty manageable. Do you think I can get through an interview without having formally taken algorithm design and analysis? It seems like all interview questions nowadays are about algorithms and my only understanding comes from having to Google algorithmic solutions to problems when they come up.

Attached: 1548100381869.jpg (1125x1476, 283K)

Prior language experience doesn't matter much. Show interest in what they do, tell them why you are motivated to work for them specifically. Don't worry about salary. If this is your only realistic shot at a job, just take whatever they offer and look for better options in two years or so.

Then look it up, nigger.
Show them in the short time you had, that you could gather info and process it about the subject.
They want to see if you have to be spoonfed, which is what I'm doing now.

If you know how to program in C, picking up Swift should not be a problem. Can you pick it up by tomorrow? Highly unlikely. But you can learn enough to pass the interview.

And just tell them outright:
>Thanks for giving me this opportunity. I know C, and can show you my programming skills with C. By the time I start this job, I will be ready to do the same with Swift.

Thanks for the advice. I'm feeling prey good about this now.

All that's left is to see if I can get at least 6 hours of sleep. I've been living the unemployed nocturnal life and falling asleep is hard :-P

Attached: c1.png (454x603, 357K)

>so I built a few simulation programs in C
why did you use C and what sort of simulations you do?

Ive noticed something about this meme, this is the exact same girl, they just photoshopped another picture of the same girl onto the image

i just noticed this too and was about to say something

this is the original right?

user, I'm currently on day 4 of my graduate job. I was interviewed last Thursday, and at the interview I told them exactly what I could and couldn't do (couldn't including the main language they wanted me to know, Ruby). I stayed cool and confident, answered all their questions, and stayed positive about the whole thing.They offered me the job that same afternoon, saying that they thought I had great potential. I hadn't received my final results from uni at this point (I told them in the interview I'd most likely get a 2:2 with an exam or two to resit), and obviously I hadn't actually graduated yet, but they were willing to take me on anyway. Requirements don't mean shit if a company thinks you have the potential to BECOME what they want you to be. Good luck with the interview bud. Also for reference, I'm paid £22,000 in Oxfordshire.