Hey Jow Forums is it possible to create two transparent PNG’s who look like complete random data...

Hey Jow Forums is it possible to create two transparent PNG’s who look like complete random data, but when overlayed produce an original image? If so, we could start an uncensorable image hosting service. I’ve tried to do it, but every time one of the two layers looks too much like the original image. I think i need to do 3 layers instead of 2. If you guys are interested, i can post the equations for alpha channel and pixel value calculation.

Attached: CB581D29-0620-410B-8B4C-D309E2EBEDF9.jpg (1080x1350, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XOR_cipher
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFFSystem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overlayed how? Are you stuck with a particular blending operation? Or are you willing to do whatever overlaying computation you like?

the problem with this approach is that the human brain uses areas and patterns to recognize images, and the most entropy you could get with 2 images is if you checkerboarded them (have every even pixel on one and every odd pixel on the other) but this would still have a really distinctive pattern and look almost exactly like the original to a human observer.

I think what you're suggesting can be achieved with simple encryption, but if you want to have secret payloads I'd suggest looking into steganography, as in hiding data in image data, it's pretty neat because it's difficult to tell if there's a payload in an otherwise harmless looking image.

tiddy

you might need to use matrices where each color value combined with another color value produces a third: the original.
I know nothing about coding, however, so I wouldn't know how to go about this.

Fucking pedo

Why don’t you just do bitwise operations on the two pieces of data? Like your own personal equation implemented in HTML code?

Pedos have way better taste.

Why would you need two PNG's to create an uncensorable image hosting service. Why not simply encrypt the image?

IPFS. Look into it.

IPFS does not do anything like this.

It solves the problem of uncensorable hosting.

I wish. It is quite easy to list everyone who is hosting a particular file and kick their butts, and it is also quite easy to just block everyone from downloading a file through network-level blocking. IPFS does a number of neat things, but this isn't it.

its called
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XOR_cipher
not a new thing.

If only she was lighter skinned.... still eyecandy tho

Attached: 498498198.png (447x527, 156K)

HTML supports only these blending modes:
normal|multiply|screen|overlay|darken|lighten|color-dodge|color-burn|difference|exclusion|hue|saturation|color|luminosity

If there was support for XOR, it would have been cool. Just overlay these two layers (layer_1.png and layer_2.png) in Photoshop Gimp or HTML.

Attached: layer_1.png (295x403, 457K)

This is layer_2.png.
These are the equations:
If you have r1, g1, b1, a1 and r2, g2, b2, a2 (red, green, blue, alpha) and you put image 2 over image 1, the resulting image will have:

a3 = 255 - ((255 - a2) * (255 - a1)) / 255
r3 = r1 + (a3 * (r2-r1) / 255
g3 = g1 + (a3 * (g2-g1) / 255
b3 = b1 + (a3 * (b2-b1) / 255

Attached: layer_2.png (295x403, 417K)

You can use freenet/onion routing/basic encryption to accomplish the same thing, but more directly. But if you still want to do this, learning some linear algebra might help.

so uh I know it's summer and everything but why are you faggots treating image data as special lol

Attached: 1563329223854.png (341x334, 107K)

XOR the bitmap with a random bitmap.

Now finish the rest of your homework.

You can host layer_1.png and layer_2.png on the image server and nobody can force you to delete them because of copyright or whatever. A user wishing to retrieve the original just gets an iframe with a div with two images overlayed, and coincidentally the result may be a copyrighted photo. There is no XOR blending mode, but i guess you could load the images in memory, use a JS library to get the pixel value and do the XOR-ing over there, but i was thinking of something which doesn't require JS.

if we have

cp ⊕ random = C

is random and C legal?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFFSystem
Maybe

You don't even need two images. Try this.

1. Open in Photoshop
2. Create duplicate layer, and invert color
3. Choose "Difference" pass-through mode on top layer (XOR)
4. Merge layers, and repeat steps 2-3

Attached: secret.png (1080x1350, 2.29M)

>You can host layer_1.png and layer_2.png on the image server and nobody can force you to delete them because of copyright or whatever.

Attached: 11df4e.jpg (505x567, 37K)

no thats like i don't have cp i have cp.zip

I don't know man, it doesn't look like the original very much.

Attached: neworig.png (1080x1350, 2.43M)

do it again with that image

pls, OP sauce, I love black women

pretty easy, as previous posters mentioned you can choose to XOR with a key image and recombine in browser with JS; or you can use one of many matrix factorizations too

>uncensorable image hosting service

You would still get hit by copyright.
Recall a compressed digital image is just a bunch of numbers, but if it decompresses to a copyrighted image and it's patently obvious it's supposed to decompress to a copyrighted image, by making a copy of it, guess what? You violated copyright.

Your idea is really nothing more than, "Hey if we cut encoded sound samples into their constituent 20ms segments we could then string them together and offer a streaming music channel without paying royalties since the 20ms samples don't individually constitute a unique work of art!"

You're not going to get that past the courts.

I think you miss the point we are sharing 2 rand numbers they can't lawsuit you for a full random thing. we had this in the past sony did law suit for some prime number encryption keys.

Yes. I just can't remember what it's called. Used it at a party once. You were given one note and then you mingle and compare notes. That way you get to know your seating location.
It worked perfectly.

image_with_copyright ⊕ random = A
i provide random
u provide A
how can this be against the law? because i could do this
image_with_copyright ⊕ random = A
and claim they are violating my copyright on A?

Thats fucking genius user.
Maybe you could also host pirated software and movies in a similar way by splitting them into many RAR files, and no one could force you to delete them.

Thats just adding conspiracy charges to a case of copyright fraud.

Id love to see of one the autists on this thread explain their clever scheme to an actual judge.

Split the data in half, upload one image as one resolution and the second in a different resolution the produce third by adding them. Example 1280x720, second 640x360 which makes a 1920x1080 image when combines. The split images will look completely unidentifiable because the width and height don't corresponds with the pitch of the data.

multiply each RGB value with a random number between 0-1
create two different files, one with colour*rand and the other with colour*(1-corresponding rand value)
add each pixel a random transparency value between 0-255 for the first file, and 255-corresponding rand value

side note: use a rational lib instead of floating point.

when overlayed on top of each other, they should give the original image. but as standalone images, they should look like random noise. i guess. i'am not sure. writing a c++ program to test it right now.

Why wouldn’t you just create say 12 layers. Surely the original would then become unintelligible from the layers?

Just do those png files that have data stored as image/pixels, and when you rename it from png to something like zip you get the file, I remember some old games used to be shared like that

>last update
>almost 8 years ago

Difference mode doesn't work as expected, even tho wikipedia says:

Difference[edit]
Difference subtracts the bottom layer from the top layer or the other way round, to always get a positive value. Blending with black produces no change, as values for all colors are 0. (The RGB value for black is (0,0,0).) Blending with white inverts the picture.

One of the main utilities for this is during the editing process, when it can be used to verify alignment of pictures with similar content. Exclusion is a very similar blend mode with lower contrast.

So it should be able to produce really random layers.

def revert_pixel(t):
p = random.randint(0, 255), random.randint(0, 255), random.randint(0, 255), 255
q = 255 - abs(t[0] - p[0]), 255 - abs(t[1] - p[1]), 255 - abs(t[2] - p[2]), 255

return(p, q)

Attached: differene.png (295x403, 385K)

>we could start an uncensorable image hosting service.
Could you elaborate on this? What is the current problem you're trying to solve?

I haven't read the thread in full and am not sure what you're doing but why wouldn't a one time pad approach work

Say you do
>image 1 + key image = image 2

So
>(image2 - image1) % 256 = key image
repeat for r, g, b, a values in each pixel

Assuming information gets lost on the sign of the modulo operand you can embed that into the alpha value while sacrificing capability to store transparent images

>uncensorable image hosting service
Censorship has nothing to do with encryption. Even if you encrypted something, anyone who decrypts it can tell the feds there's cp on your server and you'll be shut down. The only way to avoid this is to host in countries that don't give a fuck or host over Tor, i2p or freenet.
That being said, what you're looking for is literally just XOR. Lets say you have a 2x2 image and a 2x2 key. Let's also say that colours on a pixel are in hex form (RRGGBBTT). All you need to do is add the two values together. So a fully red image
(FF000000 FF000000 FF000000 FF000000)
plus a blue image
(0000FF00 0000FF00 0000FF00 0000FF00)
would result in
(FF00FF00 FF00FF00 FF00FF00 FF00FF00)
which is purple/magenta

Pure transparency (overlaying 2 images with opacity) is NOT what you're looking for. That's the whole reason your "encrypted" image looks like the original. More layers won't do shit. It's like adding more glass in front of an image, it doesn't do anything. Adding the actual colour values is the better solution and it's a problem already solved. But, it's still a public key encryption method and it's vulnerable to snooping. Just use proper private key encryption and you'll be fine.

can you elaborate?

You post a photo on imgur. Someone complains, they delete the photo.
If you XOR, then they might. But you just overlay them in html, no extra code involved.

This is risky thread since it falls under """embedded""" images category.
you could do something like this
convert audio.png rgb:audio.opus

Attached: audio.png (1024x1200, 3.23M)

you could argue that you can translate the converted png into a song, but there is nothing you could translate random data to.

Actually she needs to be about 20 years younger so she can be a delish brown loli

Niggers are gross.

>random data
There's no true random.
Even in the pi you can find cp.

Is the problem that imgur deletes them too casually?
Or you want the picture to be "cast in stone"?
With your solution would you upload many pictures to imgur and then only the people who have the right combination of different picture links could see it?

you need a third image that is random noise

that also sounds like a good idea

tfw no chocolate mommy

I bet she fucks white men

i would breed the fuck out of that chocolate goddess

Well these two blend just fine in photoshop, but they look like shit in html. Any idea why?

Attached: layer_1.png (295x403, 400K)

.bg {
position: absolute;
}

.fg {
mix-blend-mode: difference;
position: absolute;
}

This is the HTML code. It should look like the original image, but it doesn't.

Attached: layer_2.png (295x403, 400K)

is this how people think the law works?

Attached: v0m2c7uswae11.png (500x500, 74K)

you're a fucking moron
and a dumb frogposter to boot

you dont need to think in terms of image layers, just raw data.

your goal is to not hold explicitly the original copyrighted files?

i think fundamentally you're trying to do encryption. it sounds similar yo XOR chiper.

you're wrong they're derivative work, unless somehow you to have 2 random pics that magically happen to combine into the cipyrighted pic

god i wish that were me

Dilate

Holy fucking shit I knew you guys were retarded but this thread is a fucking shit show.
First, the technique to split data like this is called secret sharing, it's been invented in '79 and has become a widely used building block for various systems. This is like cryptography 101.
Second, as some have pointed out, this is not how the law works. The law does not care how the illegal material is stored. You could encode it as magnetic dust scattered across the galaxy that it wouldn't change a thing. The only thing the law cares about is the fact that you're giving people access to unlawful material. So this approach is viable if and only if you're somehow able to hide the fact that the two pieces of data are related. If law enforcement access your "uncensorable" service, and sees that it's giving away copyrighted material, then they're going to take down whatever system is giving that access, entirely. That is, including the two pieces of data.

Why not just use Gmask type approach?

sauce????

>Why not just use Gmask type approach?
Wait, I completely missed OP's intent.

I'm here only because the pic, what a body tho...

How do I get my image to that state to be decoded?

so many redditniggers in here

what a bunch of fucking retards. OP too... Seriously, how old are you, 12?

im not a tranner

I came here to echo this guy's recommendation. Find some books about digital steganography, because this is what you want to do

yes they could, everyone can see that you're hosting the pic through the iframe, and copyright on images is typically very weakly enforced anyway, what is even the point of this thread, just use a russian service or something they have those websites for mp3s and whatnot

I spit on you

Jow Forums

>Open in Photoshop
hard pass, my dude

Attached: bruh.jpg (720x714, 50K)

Is she hiding a cute but large penis?

No she is covering a tight coochi

this is Jow Forums, sweet redditor.
we take shitposting and bypassing filters very seriously

Attached: 1434050997213.jpg (386x363, 38K)

Attached: 1476588411280.jpg (1600x734, 220K)

nah youre not thinking broad enough, if you split the color value between two images the obscuration is limitless

Why not host half of the data bits in one picture and half of the bits in the other picture, and then allow users to download your software that decrypts those bits for the full image.

Dude, be careful.

Interesting idea but it's not possible. You'd need way more than two or three layers.

>Tattoos
Why do they always have this shit

he already did. if there's something on ipfs that someone doesn't like all they have to do is btfo everyone hosting that stuff or just block ipfs entirely.

what about having some specification about how it should be layered in the exif data.

I want to give you my heartfelt congratulations, OP. You have found the sexiest picture on the Internet. I'm proud of you.

it depends
it might not be a tan

What about images where it's impossible to visually identify the presence of embedded data?

Attached: 5XVaxF8EEVvPv.png (395x395, 517K)

Definitely not a tan. That's 100% prime negress ready and willing to be bred by white cock.

id completely forgotten about about gmask

The problem is that "obscuration" and "secrecy" are two different things.
If you took two or more images consisting of rainbow noise, that when composed together produce a real image... then anyone looking at the constituent images would realize that there's a message hidden within the images.

The real art of steganography is to hide data in plain sight.

Are you retarded? Just "encrypt" the image data, so it'll look like garbage to others unless you decode it with a proper password.

You mean sink images?

Attached: white-basin-picture-id157572591.jpg (612x524, 15K)

MODS