/spg/ - Smartphone General

Keylets not welcome Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: unihertz-titan-features.jpg (1600x1060, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-umidigi-f1
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_1r_j8220_ua_profile_points_to_a_5k_display_5040_x_2160px-amp-38186.php
gsmarena.com/asus_rog_phone_2_drops_by_tenaa_to_reveal_spec_sheet-news-38198.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Check out:
To learn about the ultimately lethal biological effects of wireless devices.

Attached: Glaser3.jpg (2271x1813, 516K)

the A3 launch is a terrific way to tell which media outlets are legit and which ones are shills
about 70% of stuff in my news feed about it are casually omitting the fact that the display is hot garbage
THANK YOU SUIT GUYS
>3 CAMERAS
>UNDERDISPLAY FINGERPRINT SCANNER
>720P DISPLAY
this phone is like a bad RPG character

It's strange that gsmarena doesn't have umidigi phones

It's all theater, endless distractions to keep you from seeing the bigger picture. The noose is tightening. Sounds dramatic, but that's how it really is.

Attached: sov.jpg (333x332, 35K)

>Xiaomi gimps the Android One line so people will be more likely to buy the MIUI shit phones like they K20 Pro
bully for me, I'm gonna have to go with OnePlus then.

You shouldn't have Umidigi phones either. Stick to Samsung or OnePlus if you're on a budget or want the cleaner OS. Absolutely forget all else.

Don't mind me, just using my $20 Android phone I got from Visible. It's a rebranded ZTE phone.

Best part was the next day delivery.

Too bad the phone's bands are gimped. My AT&T SIM works like shit on it.

I am checking the motorola one vision
weird phone, btw
the aspect ratio is like the old iphone 5?... one of those taller and slimmer displays
at least it has decent dpi, and nfc for that price
but the camera punch hole is horrible

So you can't really use it and you're happy with that? How dirt poor are you? Even $2 a day pajeets can buy a midrange phone.

No fuck that, it's Exyshit. Holeshit too. You'll absolutely want to sui after buying it. Shittiest phone you could get for your money.

I have zero intention of actually buying umidigi, but just want to compare specs for fun. Other obscure cheap brands but not Umi is peculiar.
OP7Pro is too expensive, and was considering Exynos Note 9. Trying to resist the Mi 9T right now.

Can someone recommend me notetaking applications?
I'm currently using Simple Notes and its check-lists are horrible. I also tried the default one which comes on Samsung S6.

i am considering buying a shit display just to have nfc
freaking xiaomi
what a bunch of retards

Literally forget about Exynos anything unless you want atrocious battery life and gimped everything. Just, why not import a regular OnePlus 7

NFC? A ton of phones support it. Get anything else, anything but holeshit.

The MI9t is good. A little heavy and large but not worst.

Works well enough for YouTube.

Also, very poor, yes. Got a problem with that?

The reg OP7 will just remind me that I don't actually have the phone I want (the Pro). I'm in no real hurry, but weighing my options if something were to happen to my phone tomorrow.
Good to know, thanks

Attached: gsm.jpg (722x666, 277K)

Oneplus for premium build and clean OS, Xiaomi + custom ROM for budget. Everything else is garbage.

no :'(

Kimovil has all the obscure chink models with specs.
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-umidigi-f1

What can the OP7T realistically improve on?

Camera, flat screen

Periscope zoom lens, wireless charging for the zoomers, 512gb models, in display front cameras if they're being ambitious.

What's the best Lineage phone?

>cheap to buy passport knockoff
>probably rootable android
>big battery
looks like this will be my next phone

What Android One phones do Xiaomi make that isn't the dumpster fire that is the A3? Desperate to upgrade but don't want Miui.

I've had a A1 for 2 nearly years, am I making too much of a deal about Miui? Should I just not care and get a Redmi Note 7?

Can I use a microUSB DAC with my Redmi Note 5 Pro?

None. That's why I buy OnePlus. Only way to get hardware and software both in a chinkphone. Can't be helped

Just wait for the A3 pro lel

Pocophone

Just get a Nokia bro

What's your phone plan like? I get 10gb and then infinite 1 Megabit data for 14,99 Euro a month

The regular A3 ain't that bad desu. 1440x720 means longass battery life.

user who copped the OnePlus 6 for 399 on Amazon the other day here.
Holy fuck. Is this the Nexus 5 of this generation? It's so good.
Also, have you embraced gesture based navigation yet, or are you still wasting screen estate for oddly shaped icons?

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-111405.jpg (1080x2280, 843K)

how will numbers work

For $6 I get 1gb per day, unlimited talk time and texts, all this for 84 days.

I'm a boomer, I can't be bothered to change my ways, doing this navigation shit. I'm glad you're enjoying your Oneplus.

One plus doesn't have headphone jack and sd card.

Oneplus 6 does, 6T and forward don't

Probably on screen keyboard like the Passport.

>720p? I don't need more on a phone. I will buy the Xiaomi™ Mi A3®.

Attached: 1538946169995.jpg (800x450, 32K)

So you like your displays shitty, eh?

Either that or with modifiers like on the keyone

Just as good as an iPhone®

I use keep notes but I dont take any lengthy notes, just quick shit here and there

Can someone tell me if the s10+ 128G has a 3100 or 4100mAh battery? I'm finding conflicting info on it.

5,88 Euro per month for unlimited calls, texts and 20 GB.

No, you're just a retard who can't tell the S10+ and S10e apart

Give me one reason why I shouldn't buy the phone in OP's pic.

>tab s4 is underspecced/overpriced on release
>tab s5e is perfect except they forgot the headphone jack, can live without pen
>tab s6 leaks show no headphone jack
Guess I'm gonna keep waiting for an OLED tablet with a headphone jack
fuck jackless shit that isn't even IP rated

Attached: 1510693846952.png (720x404, 199K)

gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_1r_j8220_ua_profile_points_to_a_5k_display_5040_x_2160px-amp-38186.php
>5k display
JUST

Just give it up, tablets are dead.

Attached: 1563449110543.png (750x563, 80K)

I want to buy the nubia x

Bet the battery life will be amazing on this one. Also:
>going out by cramming in every gimmick possible
Someone just put their mobile devision out of their misery.

What shop shoud i use to buy a Xiaomi phone in EU?

It has to ship from EU also so that i don't have to pay import tax.

phones are too small to read the manga on

Get a OnePlus 7 Pro, 6.7" of godly display.

For fucks sake. Is there even a phone with modern specs that isn't fucking glued together so as to require fucking heating to dissasemble, just to find out everything is soldered to shit? I have been able to repair myself my samshit note 3 for 6 years now, is there even a modern equivalent? It's slowly becoming non obvious which phones feature a headphone jack, let alone an easily replaceable anything, not only battery. Or is the phone market so retardedly shit now? This is NOT acceptable.

Attached: DoubleError.jpg (410x229, 14K)

>OnePlus 7 Pro
>3.5mm jack No

Attached: nowf.png (120x203, 48K)

So gcam helps bridge the gap in photos, what about videos? Should I get an S10 phone for that or will a chinkphone like the 7 pro work just as good?

You're the one who wants a solid display for your mangashit. Get used to no jacks as we go forward, or buy a shitty tablet.

I'm using my xperia xz1c and getting sick of it. But it literally seems as if there's not a phone out there that could replace it (processor speed, size, building quality water proofness). Anyone have an idea?

Attached: 1558853068256.jpg (1280x1440, 227K)

>This is NOT acceptable.
We can only hope the market crashes, stops being retard and relaunches with saner guiding principles
design dictated by customers not reviewers
longevity and service as a focus
security updates NOT feature updates

>Get used to no jacks as we go forward,
No.
Worst comes to it and I can just buy a tab s3/4

I thought there would be at least a single modern device that would focus on being serviceable, even if it was utterly overpriced, I'd probably still buy it. There is a niche market for such laptops, and there are a few to choose from, but apparently no phones.
Shit like makes my blood boil.
>Just get used to it goy

does gcam work on adroid one? do i have to root or some shit?

>focus on being serviceable
Motorola partnered with ifixit but I'm not sure that it continued

>it makes my blood boil
imagine being this user. Are you all blind? Unless everyone throngs the streets and boycotts phones, there's no way the jack will become mainstream now. It's too late, dolt. Samsung ditched it with the Note 10 and presumably the S11 phones won't have it either. Lots of chinkphones don't have it, like the Mi 9. Fucking adapt to this or keep bitching, in two years not one phone in the market will have the jack, just like they did away with removable batteries. Don't @ me, you know it's true.

gcam works on most roms
you need to enable camera2api if you dont have enabled out of box, search on Google for your model and gcam version

Where to find the cheapest Mi 9T 128GB Global (EU) version? Ppl say it can be found for ~280€ on gearbest but maybe i'm blind, i can't see it

Attached: 1494570923924.jpg (1280x1871, 454K)

Finally finished setting this bitch up, any questions ?

Attached: IMG_20190718_152956.jpg (4000x2000, 2.24M)

answer me

Bruh, I bought it from local vendor, paid 320€ but I got it within few days and actually have legit warranty I can take to the shop incase shit happens

Ok, so how's the phone? Any cons? What was your previous one?

Opinions on the LG G8S? Seems the only flagshp for audiophiles but the software seems laking

Xiameme note 5 pro or AI or whatever, so far the only complaint I have is pairing it with my Amazfit Bip watch, it updated my watch like 4 fucking times
>updating firmware
>updating software
>updating GPS
>updating A-GPS
>Syncing....
>....
>....
>ALL done
Also the back glass leaves fingerprints like crazy

Also after using fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone for like 3 years now I keep molesting the camera instead of underscreen scanner

Why didn't you take the RED, inner-vagina looking version?

defeats the purpose of red power button

Any shit I could apply to my back panel to make it less prone to finger stains? That untreated glass makes a huge mess even with clean hands that the front panel doesn't.

is it possible to use it with one hand?

My previous Note 5 was 6 inch as well so I'm used to it, it's definitely not going to be comfortable for everyone

quick rundown on mi a3?
is it a good phone for the price? €250

Attached: mi_a3_2_thumb800.jpg (800x450, 30K)

Had an 11 month old Moto G6 plus which has sadly died due to water damage, Motorola have had a look and said they aren't going to repair it. So I'm looking for a new phone, I'm not as rich as I used to be so buying another G6 plus isn't really an option, plus I don't want another phone that died so easy. I mainly just use my phone for Pokemon Go, using Clover/Youtube and taking photos. A somewhat good camera and large screen would be a bonus and really just the best specs I can get for the price. Am I asking too much? Where is a good point of reference to start. I'd like something similar to the G6 performance but I don't know how far phone technology has come in the past year

the A3 isn't meant for you or anyone here
it's meant for casual phone users who want simplicity
you want value check out the note range or mi9se

>moto g6
from the looks of it chink phones are out of touch right? so try the new samsung A series
A50 is a nice pick

@71935270
Then like /tpg/ i shall keep bitching and keep old devices running until they turn to dust. Fuck you all conformist fucks.

is 4gb ram enough for the next 2 years?

Attached: 1506195399404.jpg (499x1332, 148K)

Yes it's good. 250€ is a bit much for the specs tho, I'll get it if I find it for 200€.

[laughs in chrome]
No

it's not enough 2 years ago

>720p display

It’s ok when Samsung does it.

>gsmarena.com/asus_rog_phone_2_drops_by_tenaa_to_reveal_spec_sheet-news-38198.php
>5800mAh battery
Why can't all these fucking companies just make a gaymer phone without the gaymer look

How do you want your cameras, bro ?
>Give me that "I am an adult" look
say no more senpai

Attached: gsmarena_003[1].jpg (675x900, 71K)

Still less gay than that phone with a fucking fan

Throttling when gaming is real problem though.
(gaming on phone is the gay thing)

>720p
>4gb ram
>250€
Just no
I wouldn't buy a 720p phone if it were 150€.
Phones from three years ago had 4gb of ram.
Go figure