How can we solve the shortage of programmers?

Attached: 1533687033888.png (621x669, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mariowiki.com/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We need some more koders

Is there any? Seems like 80% of Jow Forums is unemployed.

Attached: forty_keks.jpg (600x528, 49K)

If I am developer why would I need "computer experts"? Does he imply I should outsource work company gives me to someone else? That is against rules of employment/nda in most places.

Also, "indian ... gold standard" hahahaha....

99.99% of Jow Forums can't program anyway

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CLUELESS BOOMER

Yes it is clearly an employee's market

Attached: 1563083577931.png (1136x594, 154K)

> yfw hr can't into basic math

The rejected/accepted are the totals.
Of the 6 offers, 1 person was rejected, 2 accepted, 3 rejected.
"They rejected" = 3 rejected offers + 1 rejected after in person interview + 1 rejected after phone screen = 5 total

>implying 80% of Jow Forums can program to a professional level
Most NEETs here only know how to run sudo pacman -Syu all day.

>with an army of indian coders, what couldn't silicon valley do?

Attached: ab8.jpg (425x283, 38K)

Why should i take the trouble to learn to program? Im the rich NEET and you are the losers in a cubicle making the software for my high end electronic toys. Keep banging that keyboard LOSERS.

Jokes on you, i use ubuntu

They had 8 people they considered but didn't do a phone screen? And I find it disingenuous that whoever wrote this would dare call it an employee market when they filtered out more than half of the applications before consideration, and had a near 10% hit rate from that, which is already considered pretty good when the average is closer to half that.

>half that

Sorry, I looked and it's much worse. 1/250, which is 0.4% someone gets a job on average for a corporate job posting according to Glassdoor.

Attached: file.png (1201x511, 315K)

It's an employee's market, just look at these juicy listings, such as:
Junior Associate Intern Apprentice (Part-time flexible)
5-8 years experience J2EE, Perl, embedded C, pre-Nicaea troff, Italian C++, mongodb
Salary: competitive

wtf
technocracy when

This is why you faggots need nay must get minimal wage.

if you're unemployed, looking for a job should be your full time job.

Considering a good chunk of the "250" are likely way underqualified for the position, if you are actually applying for a spot you have the skills for, your odds are likely better.

Apply to 6 openings a day. Don't be a sperg and you'll have an offer within a month.

Yeah I know, been in that position before. I am looking again but when you're pickier about what you want and the other side is picky about who they want, it's very unlikely that you find a position fast. I just had an offer the other day from Microsoft to interview but the stickler was the fact that they wanted me to move to Redmond, which is a no go for me considering my current circumstances. So I continue to search.

The fact of the matter is, there are always tons of totally incompetent applicants, read (high school educated line cooks who haven't written a single line of code in their lives), who submit their applications to every possible job offer. The fact that you can actually consider about a third of applications, seems like a pretty light ratio.

There are too many companies developing too much bullshit. There's no shortage in reality. The real shortage is shortage of quality programmers.

Tbh, from my experience hiring folks, 4-6 remotely competent people for a job sounds about right. However most of these people are also interviewing at multiple places, so it does not mean that only 1/4th and 1/6th of them gets hired. In my experience, there is a geniune shortage of true competent people.

> we need to lower wages for american workers

This is why Republican poll so shittily.

You dare not come at me you sissy faggot

Being unable or unwilling to move is a severe handicap. My fiance and I moved 500 miles over a weekend a year ago and I found a job within 3 weeks making $10k/yr more than I was making in my old town. It has been another year, and after raises, I'm making an additional 8k/yr.

Granted, it is helpdesk and at ~$60k probably less than what you're looking at, but I'm in a much better position now working at a much better company and can attribute that to packing a truck and getting the fuck out. As far as I'm concerned, work IS my circumstance and I will follow the money where it takes me.

I did it the first time around when I had the flexibility to be mobile for my current job but I do agree that the inability to move for work is a hamper on things.

I would've made approximately 5-10k more which is a bit of a surprise since I am in Silicon Valley but the move would've cost me at least my first year of salary increase and again, other factors prevented me from moving and other lesser factors like downgrade in weather and commute would've meant it may not have been worth it.

There is a shortage of GOOD programmers. I literally helped my boss complete an H1-B last week.

Attached: h1-b.png (560x702, 32K)

fake tweet

Quality product.

Ah jeeze you had me right until the end there

>the gold standard
>drops planes out of the air
Perfect.

To me it sounds like the considerations is HR passing it along to someone who knows something.

seethe

>finding 30 jobs vacancies each week that fit your skill set without you being either over- or under-qualified
unlikely

what is this kind of graph called?

ive applied for over 100 jobs and done about 50 interviews including probably 20 technical assesments that ive mostly completed flawlessly
and no one hired me

are they just pretending so they can hire an h1b??

i dont get it
places make me go through 4 rounds of interviews, and technical assements and then just hit me with the 'we will not be persuing candacy, goodluck!'
so fucking tiring
im so used to answering the same questions over and over again i feel like im the perfect interview answerer

Attached: 1563402531149.jpg (947x1500, 254K)

>'we will not be persuing candacy, goodluck!'
actually i wish most of them would even have the courtesy to do this
dozens of places ive done like 3 rounds of interviews and they just ghost me

MarioDB sucks, PostgreSQL is much better

I remember this reddit thread. The guy argued with multiple commentors regarding the "employee's market" statement and still his belief

i'm old enough to remember that thread

>ITT: redditors
You've accidentally typed Jow Forums.org into the address bar.

>Also, "indian ... gold standard" hahahaha....
yikes! how about you cool it with the racism there bub.

Blacks cant be racist towards indians because indians have more privilege boy

>true competent
True. I was trying to hire electrishian but none of them were Nikolai Teslas.

>Indian scientists
>Gold Standard

Attached: 23187192a8d8b7c5594bc3679688cd4a.jpg (720x775, 48K)

> wage bubbles are toxic
Imagine telling your constituents to their face that they make too much money are you are doing everything you can to make them poorer, and just continually getting re-elected.

Keep the streets clean

Why are you faggots so bad at checking whether a screencap is real or not?

They do the same to me. Hays recruiting gets a plus in my book. They actually called me to tell me they were going with someone else. First place to not only tell me without me having to ask, but nice enough to call.

You either:
A: Live in a shithole with no opportinities
Or
B: Have a very narrowly-defined skillset.

Enjoy your occupational cul-de-sac

Sankey diagram

Anyone have the SQL documentation for MarioDB?

>yikes! how about you cool it with the racism there bub.

Fuck off glow nigger

mariowiki.com/Main_Page

Fix your HR. I get that top 1% of a bigger pool is going to have better choices, but you are going to end up with the same garbage people. Our company has similar shit happening. I see the locals they hire. Fucking degrees and linked in references out the ass. Can't fucking do anything.

Basic economic theory states there can never be a shortage of programmers, only a shortage of programmers for a certain salary level.
So increase pay, solution arrives.

there's a shortage of highly competent and experienced programmers who aren't too old who have 2-5 years of work experience and don't demand a high wage

1. stop hiring web devs to become IT
2. stop hiring web devs at "app developers"
3. stop hiring the network admin guy to make websites
4. stop hiring web devs as system programmers
5. stop hiring game developers as system programmers.

Do hire systems programmers as game devs and IT.

Link the tweet, rusanon.

is this photoshopped or for real? are memes going too far?

Attached: 1561748269428.jpg (512x475, 39K)