Final Verdict

So what is Jow Forums's final say on Windows 10? can the telemetry be stopped? Will using Windows 10 LTSB help stop it? What happens if you stop the updates? (You can by installing a pirated word 2003)

Attached: win10.png (650x373, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy
askvg.com/how-to-prevent-or-skip-feature-update-installation-in-windows-10/
oo-software.com/en/shutup10
computerworld.com/article/3200375/for-real-windows-10-privacy-you-need-the-china-government-edition.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the point of this thread? It's not like you're going to switch to Linux or MacOS (because you need yer fucking gaymes), so just go ahead and use Winshit.

>What happens if you stop the updates? (You can by installing a pirated word 2003)
Explain.

It just works

LTSC and LTSB are good. Consumer versions are trash.

Attached: 1562351145615.png (1920x1080, 3.73M)

>final say
LOL, not ever in this place will this happen

This

Technically it can, yes.
It means modifying the ISO before you even install it and stripping it completely of any extra stuff such as the ability to update, "help" features like Cortana, language learning, etc.
Then if you want to update, you need to download the updates manually on another machine and configure them too to prevent them connecting to MS servers.

Basically: the moment you use MS shit without modifying it, the moment your machine is comprised.

>Evaluation
Yikes, yikes and yikes

your wallpaper is really gay, yulenka

Agreed, if you really hate yourself, get Windows 10 Home.

i'm using LTSC, but the eventual plan is to utilise the advances in virtualisation to pass windows applications through to linux.

my current hardware doesn't support GPU passthrough though so not happening yet.

>can the telemetry be stopped?
Ctrl+F "Removing Telemetry".
github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy

Give one example where Microsoft/Windows has caused an arrest of a person because of his data.
I will wait.
Linuxfags are mentally ill trannies.

linuxfags are also probably pedos and terrorists.

it's shit but linux and mac are still worse

FPBP

Came here to post this.
/thread

based and red pilled.

Attached: ltsc-startmenu.png (1768x992, 460K)

Well i am not op but ia m actually really trying to get away from windows by dualboot opensuse getting my shutbto work.

>hmm cool
>read the readme
>yep cool
>get all the way to the bottom
>so far so cool
>can ms revert these changes
>yes

Attached: 1365099850634.jpg (332x500, 14K)

>she bent knee and sucked microsoft's cock

Jow Forums btfo

By launching a major update. Don't install it and you're good.
Otherwise install it, do the steps again and you're good again.

nope. windows 10 is fucking garbage.

you can't defer or opt out of major updates indefinitely. the only long term "solution" is to break windows 10 by disabling the windows update feature and forfeiting all security updates in the process

>What happens if you stop the updates?
mmm firewall?

>win 10
>major update
>"don't install it"
sure, kid.

Attached: update_now_or_later.png (638x540, 244K)

Exchange integration is useful with work and the bundled mail app is dope

Attached: dox.png (2846x1600, 264K)

If it understand. If your concern is with freedom, use only GPL’d software like GNU/Linux.
Windows subjugated it’s users. It abuses and spies on you. It forces updates on you and forces telemetry on you too. Take control of your PC with free (again freedom) software.
The Linux ang GNU communities are far better than any shit windows can give you anyway. And if there’s something you don’t like, update it yourself. The source is freely available.

How old is CIRI anyway? Isn't she too old for that unicorn to be around her. Unicorns only hang around young virgins. Older virgins are mostly considered a trap that the humans set up for them to trap them.

Just gonna leave this here.

Attached: 1559798392287.jpg (612x671, 101K)

Can I activate LTSB with a pro licence?

>Implying Linux can't game

It's not our fault that your gay fortnite doesn't work outside winblows

Can I install firefox on LTSC/LTSB?
Can you remove edge?

Otherwise stop shilling this shit.

Is that you,. yuliya?

>Can you remove edge?
Edge, Cortana and the rest of the UWP are not included in LTSB/LTSC.

>Can I install firefox on LTSC/LTSB?
Are you blind or just retarded?

I do some game but I switched to linux anyway, and I still get to game. Of course there are some issues but it keeps improving.
Yeah this is one issue , while I don't play fortnite , DRM and Anticheat in games such as fortnite, is the main bottleneck right now. Valve I've heard is working with some makers of these to help though.

why would you not be able to install a browser?

it comes with ie10 as standard (which you can uninstall).

GNU/Linux can play games, it just has no games.

Holy fucking shit. All that and in the end you still have to firewall it (and let's be serious for a second - you can't trust the firewall if it's running locally on the OS, you'll need another box for that) to stop the spyware.

If you're going to go to this amount of trouble to configure your OS, why not just start with one that isn't spyware in the first place before you customize the shit out of it?

>bundled mail is dope
>literally just a wrapper for 365 web version of outlook

how'd you color the titlebar

>you can't defer or opt out of major updates indefinitely
askvg.com/how-to-prevent-or-skip-feature-update-installation-in-windows-10/

>kid
Funny.

>Can I install firefox on LTSC/LTSB?
Why would you not be able to do this?

>Can you remove edge?
No because LTSB/C don't have it, you fucking retard.

Attached: botnet.png (770x578, 287K)

no telemetry is the OS. windows 10 was free because you are the product.

Right wingers shouldn't be allowed to use computers, you probably dont like Huawei o Epic Games fucking turboretards

/thread

My mistake it says IE is enabled by default.

Can it be disabled to allow FF to be the default browser and to remove IE from the programs list for individual users like on windows 7?

yes :3

fag

Meaning good enough. Actually pretty ok

Meh, LTSC and LTSB are better than the rest of the W10 trash by far, I just wish disabling fullscreen optimization shit actually worked.
Why the fuck would anyone want to use this awful faux-borderless shit for EVERYTHING?

kek

Attached: GitHub - adolfintel-Windows10-Privacy- Windows 10 Privacy Guide 18-07-2019 19-07-45.png (1046x756, 645K)

i can disable this. gta4 won't work with it enabled.

Pedo mad

>LTSC and LTSB
The same was said before Pro and enterprise, yet here we are now, MS will keep slashing features and adding more botnet.
You have only 6 moths left winfags, as soon as W7 is dead, you won't have a fallback and MS will push down its shit down your throat.

linux with a windows 7 hardware passthrough vm is my alterantive.

Openshell or startisback++?

The latter.

Telemetry and forced updates are the smallest issues with it.

The interface is still a mess, functionality out of the box is laughable despite all the preinstalled bloat, shit is less stable than any other major OS or even 7, Windows store is still a joke and average editions feel like freeware, begging you to buy this or that.

Though I'd probably still use it over Loonix.

You faggots never heared of shutup10?
oo-software.com/en/shutup10

How do you customize it this way? Is it the medium size or the small size? I can't reproduce it. Looks dope af

I'm using version 2.8.6 with taskbar & margin on medium. You can also enable transparency, enable segments and center the icons on the taskbar to make it a pseudo-dock if your are into that.

>Openshell or startisback++?
>The latter.
Fucking why? OpenShell is customizable and open source. Why the fuck would you ever use a paid closed source alternative?

Startisback++ UX and performance is better than OpenShell.

> what is Jow Forums's final say on Windows 10?
Install Gentoo.

> can the telemetry be stopped?
Yes, but only until the next update comes along and enables it again. So no.

> What happens if you stop the updates?
Inevitably your PC gets bitten by malware. Or not. But who knows, one can only assume so these days by having left themselves vulnerable.

Anyone that truly prefers Windows over Linux while having a choice is a right wing boomer retard and needs to fucking unplug all their electrodomestics

If you faggots really want to use windows shit Install Gentoo (or fuck it use Debian) and then put a Windows XP and Windows 7 VMs there.

???
What do you mean? Classic and Open Shell both worked perfectly fine when I used them back on Windows 8.1, I never had a performance related problem with them.

Or maybe someone who wants to use decent software. Plus obviously all the zoomers playing vidya.

yes

Attached: i_cfad7fc51cee37f0_html_m207045d.jpg (541x297, 44K)

Vista and 7 offered 64-bit releases that let you use more than 4GB of RAM. (Don't you dare mention XP Professional x64, that shit was more broken than Server 2003). They also have improved UI, 7 has kernel improvements, and it's an overall more stable experience. Also, Vista launch was garbage, but Vista SP2 was pretty good. 10 doesn't offer anything over 7 or 8.1, and auto-updates on the non-LTSB versions are the worst shit Microsoft has ever come up with for Windows.

>what is a virtual machine

>Wincucks used to say Linux was a time-sink OS

Attached: 1492827153054.jpg (332x298, 21K)

What does this outdated picture have to do with anything?

I suppose the 2015 panel would be something like "Microsoft have introduced anti-privacy tracking, personal information data mining and ads for candy crush in the Windows 10 start menu, what retard would install that shit?"

lol, nice placebo

An annoying extra step. Might as well bite the bullet and use one shitty OS instead of two.

And it is. Libraries, drivers, learn how to use replacement programs and troubleshoot every insignificant problem you'll have along the way.
Meanwhile on Windows, everything I listed can be done by running a .ps1 script (there's a lot of them on GitHub) or using a program like wpd.app.

>Libraries, drivers,
this isn't 2005

I awarded it a score of 10/10. It really is that good!

Yes, Classic/Open Shell works fine. There is no performance problem. Its just that Startisback++ is lighter, less bloated. The User experience is also better thanks to having less cluttered options. Also the UI is better out of the box.

Windows 10 AME is the only version of win10 that comes with absolutely no telemetry or phone homes. People will say it's botnet but my pfsense firewall has never shown a phone home in over 10 months

It has way less options, and Open Shell comes with like 5 or 6 different themes and 3 different start menu styles too, Classic, XP and 7 style if I remember right.
That sounds like bullshit to me, honestly, but I'll respect your decision of using SiB.

I've seen this mentioned in the past few days, but I've yet to see a quick webm or anything proving that it really does not phone home.
I'm sure some of the people that worked or works in AME visits Jow Forums, so it would be awesome if somehow this reached to them, to clear up the name of W10 AME and any misunderstanding or baitposting surrounding it.

>install windows AME
>literally nothing works
It's a meme

GARBAGE

I don't mind installing the vcredists, dxwebsetup and .NET Framework packages myself. My insecurity in the "phoning home" part.

>install hardware drivers
>fails because too many components are missing
>install vcredists/net frameworks/dx/whatever
>fails because too many components are missing
>can't install anything
>nothing works out of the box

I like it. Just installed Win10 Home on a relative's laptop which had Win8 installed, the best part is that somehow it recognized Win8 license despite a clean installation and I didn't have to go through using KMS for activation. Certain aspects of the trackpad were not working but a system update fixed that one as well.
It just werks

Attached: 1401236017846.jpg (370x370, 89K)

Huh... is that so? Is there any proof of that? Because now that does sound bad.

There's only one version of Windows 10 that has no telemetry and it's not LTSB/C.

computerworld.com/article/3200375/for-real-windows-10-privacy-you-need-the-china-government-edition.html

If you give a shit about privacy and forced to use Windows for some reason you're using this version. Anyone who is still running LTSB/C is too lazy to figure out how to install this and don't actually care about telemetry.

>China government
Now it's the winnie-the-pooh collecting my data, is there no end to this?

Attached: 1371451595673.jpg (368x368, 35K)

>imagine being too dumb/lazy to monitor your outgoing traffic to confirm no botnet

I would like to go to Linux full time but they still haven't resolved the tearing issue after all these years.
>just install compton
Compton solves tearing but it introduces stuttering. In games you get insane stuttering. In Firefox video playback you get bad stuttering and sometimes massive dropped frames even though FF doesn't report any.

Cinnamon does an ok job but the lag and sluggish feeling of it is unacceptable on modern hardware. Yes even if you disable the animations.

>gnome
Gnome sucks balls, I would rather use Windows 10

>Xfeces
Horrible tearing, need Compton which causes stuttering

The official Jow Forums spokesman says: "It's shite."

>So what is Jow Forums's final say on Windows 10?
It's still shit and probably always will be. just werks for games

No, mitigated at best and requires a firewall outside of windows. Requires constant babysitting as the endpoints change often and the changes are not documented

>Will using Windows 10 LTSB help stop it?
No. LTSB/C are the exact same as the consumer versions except with some of the UWP bloat removed and no feature updates. No feature updates is the main advantage because it lets you document the "intricacies" of your specific version and live with them for 5 years instead of having to constantly beta test the new versions.

What happens if you stop the updates?
Depends on the build, but mostly nothing. The update screen in Settings will be broken. Some M$ products won't install with it disabled, despite not actually needing it. Since updates aren't granular anymore you won't get security updates either.

Your best bet is to pick an LSTB/C branch, document each problem and fix as you encounter it. Then turn off updates and just reformat every month or so and apply updates once along with your fixes. After doing this a few times it becomes easy and relatively stable (at least as stable as win10 will ever be).

If you don't want to deal with that shit, linux is unironically easier to use now which the exception of gaming, as long as you choose a normie distro.

blessed luddite

Fuck off Pajeet

Okay, you convinced me. Link me the guide to download/install

Yeah, I tried to make it work but couldn't do anything
I'll give it another try soon, because I don't use almost all windows "features" anyway