It's over, nVidia is finished...

It's over, nVidia is finished. moore's law is dead makes the compelling case that AMD is going to fucking completely dominate nVidia and destroy the Titan RTX by the end of the year or early next year. We know that AMD has the 5800, 5900, and 5950 models for Navi lined up with the Sapphire trademarks leak. The 5700XT is already going head to head with the RTX 2070 and RX 2070 Super. Imagine what's going to happen when the 5950 comes out with 384-bit bus, HBM2, 80 Navi CUs. They've end-of-lifed the Radeon VII, meaning that in another quarter or two, they're going to put out new products to replace it. nVidia is actually running scared because they won't have 7nm products until Q3 of 2020 at the earliest.

youtube.com/watch?v=ztcduv5r9bg
wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5950-5900-5850-5800-graphics-cards-leaked/

Attached: navi_domination.png (632x672, 452K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5950-5900-5850-5800-graphics-cards-leaked/
youtu.be/-SAWtKEIYbw?t=1626
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would like a 6/12 Navi APU

if nod stagnates it will come down to design and Nvidia still has the edge.

>bought a 5700xt
>the new ones go all the way up to 5950

shieeeeett, hopefully they're in the 600-2k bracket so i dont have too much buyers remorse

Does sound an awful lot like typical AMD(GPU) delusions for the future.

I'm buying a 5700xt once non-reference cards are out just to be clear. I go for whoever offers the bang/buck but this all sounds a little optimistic.

5800XT will probably be $550, 5950XT will be $1000, but there's also going to be a 5750 and 5750XT refresh at the midrange.

says increasingly nervous amdrone for the 7th time this week

>wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5950-5900-5850-5800-graphics-cards-leaked/
it's already coming out, the trademarks are already in place. what's up for speculation are the hardware specs themselves. so look at what the 5700XT can already do and how it compares against nVidia, and realize that the die space is half of what AMD usually uses for high end or flagship models.

user, have you seen the smallass die the 5700 series is packing? That shit is Pitcairn sized and it is getting uncomfortably close to the 2nd tier (2080) Nvidia die.

Nshitia blown the fuck out.

>HBMeme
Not again...

AMD seems like a very strong competitor for intel/nvidia but
>drivers still are shit
>reference design is a loud housefire
>you can't just replace gddr6 with hbm2 without mayor architecture rework
>hbm isnt that beneficial for anybody but professionals
>if they keep same reference cooler design for more powerfull version it will be doa
Also i belive that this 80 Cu card will be a housefire

Yeeeaaah but Sapphire registered basically every imaginable variation of 5XXX(XT). Sounds more like they're covering their bases just in case.

I want them to be competitive in all segments but why not just wait until they have something to show? Why bother trying to get hype now?

AMDrone here. 5) is outright pathetic. Anyone on Jow Forums who doesn't belong on /v/ can tell at least one half of why.

ofc its false. Moore's law channel appears me to be a bigger shill than even AyyyyMDoredTV. at least Jim got some good videos besides his ridiculous Ryzen 3xxx series """""leaks""""" but that nigger right here is out of his fucking mind and pulling shit out of his ass day in, day out

>Imagine what's going to happen when the 5950 comes out with 384-bit bus, HBM2, 80 Navi CUs.
based and redpilled 400W gpus! you can't be fucking serious about that. to keep it under 300W the boostclock need to be lower than 1500Mhz for that monster

Have you guys even owned 300w GPUs before, and if so are you aware how fuckin dumb they are?

My temps with my r9 290x on the blower cooler were straight up just 95'c at all times, with the card throttling 200-300mhz on the core, with the fan running 4000rpm. Hairdryer. I went with a $80 aftermarket cooler which dropped temps into 70'c with 1600rpm fans, but it dumped all the heat in my case, 4 case fans at 1000rpm and the case temp would hit 40'c. I replaced the card with a GTX 1070 and my case temps never go above 25'c with the case fans at lowest speed.

Posting these eceleb channels should be an instant ban. After adoredtv shitting up the internet with his autistic lies you'd think you little retards would learn to have some skepticism.

Hes probably mistaking a single HBM stack's power consumption vs a GDDR5 chip and conflating it with decreasing total power by that amount.

>thinks amd is gonna roll out 80 cu's
>says DrIveErsS ARe ShiT
the blower part i agree on but its the fucking blower, just wait for two fucking weeks for a partner card. or make your own if youre that much of a sperg.
hbm part youre right about as well
but i have no idea what youre talking about with drivers

>More CUs = linearly better performance by default, just look at Vega 64 amirite
>Nvidia will never be on 7nm as well
Kek

God, I wish AMD had CUDA.

I'm taking PhD in machine learning and am pretty much forced to buy 2080ti.

>but i have no idea what youre talking about with drivers
the PCgamer article claiming that performance suddenly dropped by 10% from a previous revision to Navi launch drivers. but thee are the only ones i am aware of.

Nvidia going 7nm on samsungs node, EUV most likely included. same as Intel

My vega 64 is quiet and runs under 70 with a Nitro+ cooler.

I can feel the PC blowing out hot air and warming up my room but the chip is fucking 70 and the fans are rather quiet.

>My blower
NOBODY SHOULD EVER BUY BLOWERS.

yep.

Attached: arctic.png (631x974, 316K)

im talking about well known issues which have not been solved for years
youtu.be/-SAWtKEIYbw?t=1626
i remember back in the days when in order to play some games on my radeon i had to roll back to certain driver release just to play without immediate crash
when you spend 1000 dollars on radeon vii or 400 on 5700xt you expect everything to work fine but in case of amd you cant even put youre pc into sleep without driver crash

AdoredTV was more of an analyst than anything. He should have stuck with that instead of going all in on leaks, I miss that kind of content looking at published papers and condensing some interesting topics that aren't throwing a billion fps charts at my face.
M'sLD is a literal AMD shareholder, he throws a lot of shit there hoping that it would stick. Last video I ever saw of him was suggesting AMD could put in more HBM1 on the Fury like he knew shitall of how those chips worked.

moore's law is a gigantic moron and a legit AMD shill to such a degree that it's too much to stomach

Sounds like hype, but big if true. If AMD can bring back competition on the GPU front, it would be good for all of us. Nvidia's prices have become ridiculous.
However, Nvidia will be on 7nm soon and if they are smart they'll release a non-RTX variant of their cards at lower pricepoints than AMD.
With any luck, by mid 2020 we might be looking at 300$ cards that can comfortably run 4k60 gaming.

>linking this fag

Disliked. Can't believe you made me give it a (((you)))

Hes an arrogant cunt and a sanitary little bitch boy too boot. The next adored. I won't give him a view ever again after I saw him instantly delete a joke comment of "a socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear". A man too good for his viewers deserves none.

I just want a mobile next gen AMD GPU

this. 3600G ftw

he's right tho, the 5700 is a tiny die with 36 CUs, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a bigger die with twice the CU count in the near future.

They can fuck right off. The 5700 fiasco was a direct signal that they are going to jack margins up across the board. I'm not going to put up with high end cards costing 800-1200 dollars.

A part that literally does not exist and has never been planned to exist.

The 5700 is not a "tiny die." You spergs need to get a grasp on area scaling, wafer cost, and number of potential candidates per wafer. The Navi10 die is 251mm2, which in 7nmm is pretty fucking large. The density here is a marginal improvement over Radeon VII, but it is still a large die for the process. Large die means low yields. Contrary to made up AdoredTV bullshit TSMC's 7nm is an extremely low yield node right from the get go.
AMD is between a rock and a hard place with their GPUs. Both the Radeon VII and Navi 5700XT could have been more dense, smaller die area, but thermal density was the limiting factor of each. Thermals are holding yields back which is a compounding factor for the already incredibly complex immersion process.

AMD could theoretically release a Navi GPU with more CU, and they wouldn't need to push clocks as high, which would mean they could further tame power consumption. However defect density increases dramatically with die size. A 350mm2 die with 64CU would have just a fraction of the yields of a 250mm2 die.

Maybe AMD is waiting for solid EUV yields since it dramatically reduces lith complexity before they bring bigger parts to market.

Attached: 18.jpg (720x405, 108K)

hopefully there's something powerful enough to replace my 980ti SLI setup
it's been a good run but proper SLI support is getting rarer these days and custom SLI bits don't always cut it

The 5700XT with its 40CU bouncing around north of 1700mhz, topping 1900mhz in some instances, pulls less than 225w average if you fully stress test it in Furmark. Power usage in gaming tests is lower.
It is entirely possible that in the future AMD could release a 64CU Navi based GPU, cap the boost clock around 1600mhz, and outperform the 2080ti while maintaining average power draw under 295w. Navi clocks higher than the VII, but it also flat out has better performance per clock in gaming workloads. If they're not going far outside of their sweet spot on the power curve then adding CU will have a minimal impact on power draw.

The only thing holding them back from this will be yields.

Attached: 5700xt power.jpg (662x511, 36K)