Are you using your phone without a screen protector?

Are you using your phone without a screen protector?

If so, does it have any scratches on it?

I been using my Pocophone without a screen protector cuz mines broke a few months ago and decided it's not worth buying one if they break that easily. So far the phone looking good. I Have a little bit of micro scratches but whatever I don't suffer from OCD.

Attached: iPhone-Xs-Max-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector-2pack.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

I have an otterbox flip case for my S7 Edge, had it for close to three years now without a screen protector and not a single scratch on it.

Never had a screen protector, never had a phone die from something a screen protector would have saved it from.

Bro im shocked how my phone have zero deep scratches haha it be in my pocket all day. It gotta be our Gorilla Glass 3.

If your phone doesn't cost an arm and a leg, i wouldn't get one bro why lose out on screen quality and touch sensitivity? The type of ppl you meet with Screen protectors probably iPhone users they want their fashion accessory pristine.

I scratched my screen a few months ago. Turns out I can get a new screen from China for ~$12 so I'm going to pick up a few

Ah damn how did u manage that?

My poco has a few annoying spots. Not gonna lie, poco screen is softer than my 2 iphones before.

My pocophone has like a blueish black spot in the middle right on my phone.

I ordered a few protectors for my A50 a few days ago. There's some that don't get dirty enough, don't fuck up the touchscreen and even work fine with fingerprint sensors on screen. I managed, without ever putting anything metallic nearby or putting the phone near anything that could scratch it, to scratch quite a few phones with the gorilla glass meme. Insignificant scratches it might be with the screen turned on, but god damn does it make it harder to sell them.

So right now I'm not risking it, I don't care if there's any durability tests out there. I'd rather not have those.

Would only consider having a screen protector if living near the beach. Otherwise, it's placebo.

no screen protector and no scratches.
literally no modern phone needs one

Yes.
No.
I use a book style case.

I removed my factory protector before ordering a new one.
Only 3 weeks and the glass already has micro-scratches. The kind that you only notice when looking for them with screen off and reflecting from a desk lamp. But they are permanent.
I don't want to wait for a bigger scratch to appear. Because it WILL happen, even if you're very careful. When I saw that one mm scratch on my previous phone I was really bummed.
You know, when it's deep enough that you can see the decomposition of colors under white picture.

Use a film protector, people. It's invisible and will take the minor scratches. Just replace it when they start being too noticeable. Good resell value on a scratchless phone too.

Based

My fucking screen protector is the thing with all the fucking scratches.
Fucking snake oil.
Fuck.

Look at "le bald youtuber of phones" videos, you literally need to use sharp metal picks to scratch modern screens. Also if you carry metal/sharp stuff in same pocket as your phone then not even a screen protector can cure your retardation

Unless you have sand particles in your pocket, they will scratch your screen.

Tempered glass protectors, and to a lesser extent plastic screen protectors, are there not mainly to protect against scratches, but to absorb impact that would otherwise shatter or crack the screen itself

OP phones scratch like crazy if you look at them wrong, screen protecting isn't an option for a klutz like me.

Whats the point? Cool now my screen doesnt get scratched but the screen protector does. I never remove my screen protector so not much difference except its shittier this way.

You can remove and replace your screen protector at any time, moron.

it's the exact opposite in fact, screen protector is there to tank all the scratches and won't do shit against an impact

>My fucking screen protector is the thing with all the fucking scratches.
Seems like it's doing its job.

Tell me people are not this retarded

The convenience of having a screen protector is that the screen protector gets the scratches so that your screen doesn't and it's much cheaper (and easier) to replace. If you're so concerned that your screen protector has scratches, all you gotta do is take it out and apply a new one.

I've got an S6 edge and it's filled to the brim with micro scratches, but they aren't visible when the screen in on so it doesn't bother me

Four years, no protector, keeping my phone in my front pocket all the time, two or three hairline scratches that you don't even notice in regular use. Makes me think you'd have to skateboard your phone to actually get major scratches into the display. Don't know how people accomplish it.

Attached: 1555721376832.jpg (683x1024, 252K)

I used my GPDWin2 without a screen protector and it got scratched just from being closed.
Don't buy them without getting a screen protector of some sort---they need it.

Nooooo really???? Gos I never knew.

I told you I never fucking do why the fuck would I the new one will get scretched again soon anyway and Im not buying and applying a new protector every other week. Fuck that. The micro scretches arent bad anyway so fuckit I'll deal.

>and to a lesser extent plastic screen protectors
>and to a lesser extent
Do you even read brah

Screen protectors are placebo that scratch easily to make them look worth buying.

I run no case/ no screen protector.
I’m on Apple’s upgrade program so I get a brand new phone every year. If anything happens before then, $100 and I get a new phone under insurance.

This year, I’ve gotten one new XS. Typically I get 2-3 new phones (under warranty) per year because I shower with the phone. This causes the faceid camera to fail after 3-4 months which is covered.

Screen wise, I have a long deep scratch on my current XS, and many other small scratches. I drop this thing like it’s my job, the fact it’s held up this long with no cracks is amazing.

I use a glass one i got on AliEX for
5$ it works... I know it probably doesn't need it but for that money fuck it. Didn't have a screen protector on my previous phone (P10) and the screen is flawless after 3 years.

I always use a screen protector and a case because my phone is metal and I don't want micro scratches.

The metal works as a heatsink and has superb rigidness so it still helps.
Think of the thinkpads magnesium frame with expoxy shell.

I never drop my phone but I
had the protector break once because I dropped a big soup spoon about 6 inches from a hard wood table at hip level and it bounces on to the phone.
The screen was flawless underneath.

Definately worth it for the safe of mind but I've only replaced one broken protector in 6 years of using them on 2 different phones.

They tend to need replacing every 5 months not from breaking but if you live in a humid area and it slips it'll create a buble behind adhesive and that will eventually get dust or smudged adhesive.

Note 9 no protector for a year now
Just some microscratches you can see in the right light with a clean screen

S9 no screen protection ever and only light scratches. I always have a knife in that pocket, also often have screws and other random shit so its a hard glass.

Exact same with me yet I have dropped it so many times and it has barely scratched at all.

On the side subject of phone cases

How are newer (but still plastic) phones regarding durability? I'm thinking of grabbing the second case for my current phone (galaxy a50) because I bought this shit from Nillkin (which might have been a bad choice) and honestly the phone is much more prone to slip through my fingers than just having no cover at all. It's almost as if the case is designed just so it can fall down more easily just to prove its function. I'm not sure whether I should buy another one that at least has a decent grip.

Attached: 800-800x800.jpg (800x800, 93K)

just buy a plastic screen protector that doesn't shatter

Yes for 3 years now, and just 2 superficial ones that can only be seen on direct sunlight because I fucked up once and tried to clean the screen with a dry towel.

FLIP CASE
L
I
P

C
A
S
E
inb4 muh style

They do shit against impacts. My mom dropped her phone and the screen cracked from top to bottom despite having a glass protector, which funnily enough wasn't even scratched.

Ive had an s8 without a screen protector. Its got one scratch i can see under a flashlight. Cant see it otherwise. Ive been really impressed

You look like a woman when you use those

absolute autism desu

I bought a 5 pack of tempered glass screen protectors for my phone for like 8 bucks, still on the first one after damn near a year, hasnt failed me since

Disgusting