Kuroba Thread

This is thread is for discussion of the imageboard browser Kuroba

github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba

Not to be confused with Floens/Clover. You can discuss Clover here News:
>Based Cheese is back to BTFO the crusty haters
>4.4.1 still best version
>4.4.5 expected release tomorrow which should fix all the problems introduced in recent updates

Attached: new_icon_512.png (512x512, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/183
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/523
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/21
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/97
github.com/chandevel
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/pull/57
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/pull/118
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/113
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll come back if emoji come back

emojis are back in 4.4.4
They will be made optional in 4.4.5 afaik

Fuck yeah :joy: :ok_hand: :100:

This app is so based :pray: :bow:

Try scrolling through this thread.

stole everything from clover
fuck you piece of shit!!!

Works on my phone
If anything it has more of a problem scrolling through small threads
But scrolling is getting fixed in the next update (if you're on 4.4.4)

>what is GPL?
>what is FOSS?

4.2.6:crown: here
Did dickcheese add webm streaming back and why should I update from my bugs-free version if he didn't?
Also did they fix the copy/paste menu not appearing bug yet?

>Webm streaming
What's that
>Copy paste menu
Works on my phone

Why i can't add boards from 8ch?

Werks for me

Does this include fixing the problem when using the Top/Bottom menus? It goes there, then it reverts back to the previous location.

Top and Bottom already seem to be working in 4.4.4 despite the janky scrolling

Add an option to show metadata please.

I'm in 4.4.4 and still have that problem. Scrolling is smooth otherwise.

Image metadata or post metadata?

Weird, is this for all threads?

How can I download this POS? Github is a fucking mess. I do not need the code or other shit.

You can download the apk from the assets section in the 4.4.4 release

It happens randomly. I'm unable to reproduce it.

Why is cheese back? Floens showed some activity and even based K1 forked the project.

>Floens showed some activity
Floens will keep developing Clover at his own pace (very very slowly). I would rather use Kuroba and get more features sooner (on top of all the ones that have already been added).
K1 forked it because Cheese had archived the repo, but K1 doesn't have much time to work on it (only 1 night a week) so it makes sense for Cheese to maintain it

test :joy: :joy: :joy: :ok_hand: :100: :joy_cat: :ok_hand: :point_left: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops:

>What's that
Webms start playing as it's being downloaded like the desktop site.

>Works on my phone
It's literally a known bug that happens to everyone even in Clover.

How? I'm using latest version (4.4.4)and i can't add any boards from 8ch

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-134659_1.jpg (1080x1794, 49K)

Webm streaming is not working as of 4.4.4
Paste menu works for me

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-18-14-52-02.png (1440x2880, 380K)

Is clip tray a clipboard manager?
Is that part of your rom or is there an app you're using for that?

Stock LG G6 android o

>cheese kuroba
>maintained by a flaming autist, keeps breaking because of shitty unfunny "jokes"
>floens clover
>stable and reliable, slow to get new features
>K1 kuroba
>the sweet spot, gets actual useful features, updated relatively often but is stable because the dev isn't a fucking retard

cheese is an unironic tranny

Where cN I download K1 Kuroba?

>dickcheese is afraid of threads
>meanwhile Floens fully embraced them and even had a script to scan for his name and notify him
>dickcheese codes any garbage people ask him and accepts any pull request without question
>Floens categorically told people that what their wanted was garbage and never put shit features into the app
>dickcheese code is always garbage, each bugfix introduces 2 other bugs
>Floens code is basically perfection, he never managed to release stable versions with serious bugs
>dickcheese makes le funne hahaha epik for the win pranks to mess with people when they say mean things to him
>Floens was always professional, and didn't give a single shit to trolls
The chad Floens and the virgin dickcheese.

You can't yet.

>4.2.6:crown: here
We have emojis on 4.4.4 now

I'm comfy on 4.4.3

Okay fuckaroos, I'm a shitskin I admit it. I want to add my shitskin image board, called hispachan. This pedazo de mierda (POS) don't allow "not hardcoded sites", the same as floen's shit. So fuck you, putas.

Also, when I add Jow Forums it does not add all its boards automaticly, it is an empty board. So much for its "harcoded sites" bullshit. POS confirmed.

>2 threads for the same app
>3 different active forks
yep this turned into cancer really fast

Wouldn't have happened if Floens had done literally anything with Clover.

Archived threads coming soon

I got kuroba and found out I can import data from other apps
How do I import clover data to kuroba
I just want to album download /c/ threads again

why is it that dashchan can add several imageboards but clover or kuroba can't? I'm not mocking, genuinely asking
Also sometimes when you click on a webm, it doesn't play and turns into a black background. Also happens in clover

Because you have to specifically program the app to understand each site's API, do you think things just "work" automatically?

Then how come Dashchan has support for so many imageboards and Cloveroba doesn't?

Because the developer specifically programmed it so, why do phonetards ask stupid questions?

Wait, I thought he was stopping it? WHAT THE FUCK, THIS GUY IS A BASED CONTRARIAN NONSENSICAL RETARD!

So whats happening with k1? Is he making his own fork or going back to help cheese?

I'd like to know as well, what said he was going to do with the app was pretty promising to be honest.

He seemed pretty hesitant to becoming the maintainer in the first place, so now that cheese is back he'll probably stop working on the K1 fork.

>Webm streaming is not working as of 4.4.4
It was added then removed after 4.2.6 becasue some pajeets complained about it not working properly on their shitphones. Dickcheese chose the easy way instead of making the feature optional he just removed it.

>Paste menu works for me
It works but randomly stops working after some time.
See these issues from Clover:
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/183
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/523

Yeah but what about webm streaming and scroll bar?

github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/21
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/97
Most of the work has already been done, someone just needs to implement it in a way that makes it optional.

>scroll bar?
Scroll bar is still fucked but it will be reverted to normal in the next release

He's presumably going to keep working with Cheese as he did previously.
Cheese already merged K1's work on archived thread functionality

So is it cheese still or is K1 my daddy now?

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEESE
MY DATA CHEEEEEEESE
ITS DRAINING BT THE MINUTE
FIX IT CHEEEEEEESE FIX IT

Ayo, hol up. What's this?
github.com/chandevel

>Not to be confused with Floens/Clover. You can discuss Clover here
That's not how this is going to work, cheese. You're an incompetent and of poor quality and will be reminded until you stop posting.

why didn't they invite Cheese

You have to put in the name of the board then click "add." It'd be cool if it could fetch the top 50 boards

Seething troll neither you or anything you ever do will ever be valuable to anyone

LMAO I told you Cloveniggers

Attached: 5637647687374.png (900x900, 623K)

Holy shit Jow Forums works like fucking clockwork
>competent dev makes something benefitting Jow Forums
>gets burned out on it, abandons it without getting someone to maintain it
>shitty meme dev comes along and spices everything up with le funny Jow Forums jokes and features
>breaks literally everything and screams at the userbase and makes more le meme features and removes good features because he broke them beyond repair
>a third person comes along who everyone likes
>eventually abandons the project as well after a couple weeks
>rinse and repeat
It would be nice if it was like The Chan and we had to pay for it instead of being open sores, then maybe someone would have an incentive to actually bugfix and get shit done.

Kuroba is incredibly stuttery and keeps crashing for me now, how do you even manage to mangle an app this hard?

lies

>here, look at this GitHub repo
>I developed this myself and it's still running
>I soon realized that I was more interested in than
>hire me pls

These threads are the perfect example of by open source is bad

Stop lying. The dev just needs to be competent enough and ignore all the autistic requests/complaints.

Autists are just louder than normal users

How do you know it's actually stable then?

>He doesn't use Dashchan
Embarassing

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-213056.png (540x960, 35K)

Probably because he's not rushing it out the door like Dickcheese used to do.

Of could it be because he's an even worse programmer?
I don't know the guy, but has he helped with clover before? Does he really know what he's doing?

A blank github profile.

He implemented the new CAPTCHA form (which is arguably the best feature in Kuroba) and IIRC, webm streaming, which Cheese removed because he's that petty.

It's not a github profile it's a github organization.

Webm streaming was implemented by another guy.

Nevermind, I'm blind.

>DickCheese wasn't invited
lmao

My bad, but he did add the new CAPTCHA, that's for sure.

why are you talking out of your ass
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/pull/57

He literally made all the great features we have on Kuroba now. Just look at Clover's PRs

Cheese, stop.

Alright fair enough.
Hopefully this guy is better because the ONE feature I wanted in clover, pre-loading pictures of a bookmarked thread, that made me download KUSOba, is kinda underwelming

Literally the only thing I'm looking forward to/want in a Jow Forums app.

It's actually already merged and should be released tomorrow (if nothing goes wrong) - github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/pull/118
Took me a lot of time to implement and test so I hope you like it.

>Took me a lot of time to implement and test so I hope you like it.
K1ra, is that you? What's happening with your fork now that Cheese is back? Any comment on this?

release it now, fag

K1 that you very much. Why don't you tripfag for us? I would love to easily be able to follow your posts here on Jow Forums. Again, thank you for your hard work!

Holy based, thanks k1ra

What did he mean by this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-125759_Firefox_Klar.png (2048x592, 171K)

Oh yeah, it's being released in the cheese's repository, not mine.

We will see. For now I would like to concentrate on the other features (like the sd-card support and shit). Also, with Floens being back now it's hard to say whether I'm going to maintain my fork or not. I hope we will just merge everything in the Clover to avoid further fragmentation and continue to work together on Clover. It will make thing just so much easier.

It's should be released tomorrow. Just wait a little bit.

is not being able to fetch search results for a thread that has been bookmarked supposed to be a feature?

The one time someone being ESL actually makes their post charming instead of retarded to read

You won't believe me but yes it is.
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba/issues/113

So you talked with Floens? Did he say what his plans are re: Clover, is he actually going to start working on it again?

>I hope we will just merge everything in the Clover to avoid further fragmentation and continue to work together on Clover. It will make thing just so much easier.
At this point, wouldn't it be easier to make Kuroba the new Clover and continue from that, rather than try to merge everything from Kuroba back to Clover? I recall you saying that it would be a lot of work to do in an earlier thread.

This is kinda ridiculous
Hey, a guy that's man enough to admit he did something wrong is at least on the right path

woah...

>try dashchan
>400 bad request error when loading captcha
Amazing.

I haven't talked with him yet, just got an invite to the Clover dev team. Yes it's going to be a pain in the ass (especially after Cheese has changed all of the package names) and time consuming. But this is the only way to avoid further fragmentation. Well let's wait and see what Floens thinks about this.

Settings > General > disable Use JavaScript for reCAPTCHA
I can't really blame you for not figuring this out, honestly some of Dashchan's design decisions are straight up ass backwards and make no sense (having to install an APK to use Jow Forums itself or other imageboards)

somewhere between dashchan and kuroba lies a perfect imageboard browser

Wow never thought that javascript was the reason for that error, ehh but what can you ask from a brainlet like me. Thanks a lot my dude!