Qualcomm gets BTFO by the EU for selling their products too cheaply

Qualcomm gets BTFO by the EU for selling their products too cheaply

ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_19_4350

Attached: 1563448007218.jpg (1080x1546, 465K)

no wonder europe is so poor.
what kind of shit business law is that?

>let's allow the company in dominant market position abuse it to kill off the competition, what could go wrong

So WHERE is the government when companies sell SHIT products, not just in a monopoly.
Oh that's right. They're busy dismissing clear and objective proofs about chinese products (that are also predatorily cheap).

Intel is next, there’s no way the 9900k should be this cheap. It’s an absolute steal.

It's a valid law to have. Otherwise any large company that can afford to eat costs for a while can just kill off all competitition, after which they can then just raise their prices through the roof as a monopoly.

Now all we need is for someone to smash the obvious price-fixing duopoly going on with graphics cards

There are no laws, or I have not witnessed such, that protect users from inflated prices. In fact, by law, all, literally all, electronics devices should be open sourced as a prerequisite for a patent. Fight me.

>Not over 1B euros

Just a slap on the wrist, what a lame duck EC

The EU fined Qualcomm €997 million last year for similar antitrust violations relating to LTE chipsets

>So WHERE is the government when companies sell SHIT products, not just in a monopoly.
EU passed a law against planned obsolescence as well.

Oh really? And how do they check for planned obsolescence if no modern hardware is open source?
I still have LGA775s and LGA1156s running at 4GHz without a hint of failure. Ever since the EU imposed prolonged return periods with leaner return policies, as well as years of warranty, all my products started failing exactly at end of warranty, give or take. I've changed washing machines, dryers, small appliances, as well as laptops because of this.

Friendly reminder that laws mean nothing since companies can just buy out politicians or pay fees to esstentially buy a pass to break the law. The only limits that matter are the ones that consumers as a whole decide to enforce themselves.

>My product is bad and I'm not doing anything about it, why is this happening?
Report your product to the local responsible institution, for example TÜV in Germany, to test it! And stop buying cheap shit for things that aren't subjects to revisions. My washing and dryer machines are likely older than you.

This. We urgently need separation between corporation and state.

>what kind of shit business law is that?
The kind of law the whole fucking world has, USA included, you retard.

One that protects small business.

The small must fear the big. Git gud.

Why is big fear the small tho?

Cannot do that when there's too many interests involved. This is one of the very very few reasons the EU is better than the US.

Because that's a jewish thing.

Attached: david-versus-goliath1.jpg (840x499, 128K)

But that makes no sense. You're literally saying the priviledge Goliath is the jew.

wrong.

No, I'm saying fuck small businesses, that's what I'm saying. Big businesses produce more, innovate more, create more jobs and inject more money into the economy than small businesses ever could.

That alot money, who got it

:
:>
:#

>big business innovate more
Intel begs to differ.

>Can prices ever be "too low?" The short answer is yes, but not very often. Generally, low prices benefit consumers. Consumers are harmed only if below-cost pricing allows a dominant competitor to knock its rivals out of the market and then raise prices to above-market levels for a substantial time. A firm's independent decision to reduce prices to a level below its own costs does not necessarily injure competition, and, in fact, may simply reflect particularly vigorous competition. Instances of a large firm using low prices to drive smaller competitors out of the market in hopes of raising prices after they leave are rare. This strategy can only be successful if the short-run losses from pricing below cost will be made up for by much higher prices over a longer period of time after competitors leave the market. Although the FTC examines claims of predatory pricing carefully, courts, including the Supreme Court, have been skeptical of such claims.
Qualcomm did nothing wrong. Nowhere does it state Qualcomm had the intention of raising their prices once the shitter brand was knocked off.

>predatory prices
Kikes

This is how Starbucks went from big to huge

In small towns local businesses push the town economy forward, focusing on only big business is what gov shills do and destroy local economies by making it far more expensive to start business. Every time the minimum wage increases to get the literally impossible "living wage" meme everything gets more fucking expensive and a business gets poorer. Local businesses isnt pushing forward innovation but its honest work that keeps people working thus crime off the streets. In my town alone its mainly small businesses that fuel the economy.

Attached: image0-3.jpg (750x748, 231K)

>In small towns
stopped reading there.
no one gives a shit about Bumblefuck, Nowhere.

I buy Bosch when I can, all appliances were bought 2014 and lasted 1-2 years. Not cheap, good amount of electronics inside, many certifications. I've already reported them but the institutions are grossly understaffed and lack any sort of responsibility.
>older than you
My parent's washing machine back home is from 2003 for fucks sakes and it works flawlessly. My father has only opened it twice ever to clean it.

Name 5 corporations and 5 of their innovative products.

Stop being a faggot

Attached: 1554792527371.jpg (500x521, 79K)

That's right! Grrr! Conniving rich man good, honest local man bad!

stop being a poor bumpkin, backwoods shitter.

Microsoft can't pull a senator out of his bed at gunpoint and force him to sign a bill into law.

A senator can do this tomorrow. For example, let's take "Anti-trust" law. A quick summary of anti-trust:

1. If you price a product too highly, you violate anti-trust. This is called "gouging".

2. If you price a product too low, you violate anti-trust. This called "dumping".

3. If you price your product the same as all competitors, you violate anti-trust. This is called "collusion".

There is no way to avoid breaking this law, and every business in operation can be cited as in violation of it...and that's the point. This law is designed to be broken, to make all parties potentially guilty and to give lawmakers the ammo they need to extort any one they want to, any time. They'll cook up a case using infinitely available taxpayer money and keep you in a court room until you go belly-up...unless you line their pockets. Unless you kiss the ring. And yet, despite this, the knee-jerk reaction of every human on earth including those on Jow Forums is to assume our lawmakers are benevolent protectors, and those greedy capitalists are just damned thieves.

Stop kissing corporations' ass, bootlicker.

>bootlicker
can't wait for shitters like you to get Koresh'd.

Attached: bbq.jpg (600x319, 31K)

>t. corporate bootlicker can't live without his baby powertrips