Why are laptops not passively cooled?

Why are laptops not passively cooled?

Attached: 1556812098242.jpg (625x833, 110K)

5G gave the doggo brain cancer. poor doggo..

Passive cooling is not enough or so they say

It helps a damn lot if the laptop outer shell is made of aluminium instead of chinkshit plastic

Then why Apple laptops are notorious throttlolers?

The Macbook Air doesn't have this problem

I bought an Acer Chromebook 14 a year or so ago that's passively cooled and has a 10 hour battery life when being used.

It all depends on how hot the CPU is prone to get.

If you just want something to browse /g with, watch videos on, and occasionally text edit... Chromebook is the GOAT.

If you have a workload that goes beyond text editing and web browsing, it's probably not ideal.

Why isn't the entire laptop body a giant heatsink?

Too much heat sink required, too much machining involved in getting a heat sink to have good contact with the entire surface of the bottom of the case for thermal transfer.

The MBA has tons of problems

You'd also have to greatly consider the surface temp of the case to prevent skin burns.

Why aren't desks used to cool laptops?

Huawai Matebook X (not pro)

No it doesn't, what helps is a large vent and a big cooler to get the heat outside the body. With your method the device just gets unbearably hot to hold. Nobody wants the body to heat up, so plastic is actually better than aluminium. There's less cutting corners that way. Of course the body could be aluminium if the cooling would still be large, but it usually isn't. It's one or the other.
>inb4 n-no the body doesn't get hot

macOS doesn't need the same amount of resources to run than your Winblows or Archbuntu

You should finish high school first before trying to involve in adults conversations

Adult conversations are not known for their ad hominems. Explaining your point of view instead would be drastically less ironic.

>ad hominems
It's ad homines. Trust me, I studied Latin.

Why is cooling not a big concern for Apple?

thisone is passively cooled

Attached: 10-1-Inch-notebook-Android-laptop-HDMI-Laptop-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-HDMI-Wi.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

ok

12" Macbook and current Surface Pro (which is kinda a laptop) are.

Just strap a peltier plate under your laptop.

They aren't in real work scenarios. No one runs cpu/gpu stress test at the same and people generally don't use software which tasks cpu/gpu 100% all the time on a laptop beyond gaymers.

Some are. They tend to be underpowered Celeron machines that use like 7 watts max.

Macbook Pro is supposed to tho. It is marketed to professional users not just browsing machines.

Which is just Jewery given how Core M would be fine with that power envelope and is powerful enough for 90% of users.

A great many desks are made of wood, which conducts heat poorly. And if the bottom of a laptop was made to conduct heat into a metal desk, using it on your lap like the name suggests would cook your dick.

I use my MacBook Air professionally, I do my entire outsource service on it.

How does the tip of tim cook's dick taste like?

This, specifically Celeron N/Pentium N (also called Pentium Silver, now). They're descended from chips that were branded as Atom.

my old shitbook was passively cooled, but it has a celeron processor and like 2gb of non-replaceable RAM

New Atom yes. They're nothing like the original shitty Atom chips.

I don't know. How do you like me selling your job to pajeets who produce the most horrid code for cheap?

Same here but I was careful to get a 4 GB model with a 64 GB eMMC. I'm pretty sure it has a slot for a M.2 SSD too, though I haven't installed one since I have it as a shitty cheap travel laptop and eMMC + MicroSD have proven to be sufficient so far.

I unironically dont know this. Wendell hinted in his ITX build that you could use a thermal pad to make the ITX case a heatsick for an SSD. I dont know why a laptop case can't be a heatsink for even a 45w CPU. Probably because
>muh bottom heat
Even though modern laptops are too hot on the bottom to put on your bare legs anyway

You're not selling anyone's jobs you fat basement dwelling loser.

You think what you like, Billy, but deep down you know it is true, with how the job market is shrinking, yet the companies are racking up their production. How come no one seems to be employing yet the companies are growing? How come the offers are getting lower and lower while the workload increases even more? How come so many senior programmers are burning out and go away farming or switching to plumbing or other trades?
You know it is true and you just want to deny it, turn your head and pretend it will leave you alone. But it won't. I'm not stopping until I drive the codemonkey market straight into the ground where it belongs. Don't worry, I make good money doing it :D :D :D

The Microsoft Surface is.

have fun getting third degree burns on your fingers niggers

Attached: W520_03-580x454-580x420.jpg (580x420, 37K)

have fun using your ancient thinkpad

lmao it's literally the slowest os available.

Because they'll just throttle to hell and back instead

The Asus Vivobook E200HA is passively cooled