What is the best font for a user interface?

What is the best font for a user interface?

Attached: typography.png (902x1387, 60K)

Helvetica

Not that shit. UI needs less designers before anything else. You little shits always want to make something look good, and you make it so convoluted and so unintuitive that I have to cuss every time I click on anything. If you want a nice font, look at the shit you are using the most and use that fucking font. It's letters. You don't need to be unique, you don't need to be original. It needs to be fucking legible.

Roboto

/thread
I'd rather see Helvetica everywhere than another "qUiRkY uNiQuE" font shitting everything up making the UI completely fucking worthless.

Consolas with ClearType (C)

>UI
>helvetica
arial looks just as boring and bland, and it's preinstalled in 90% computers

Roboto.

Helvetica or Consolas

>muh Helvetica i heard it on reddit it's good
It was designed for large headlines with tight spacing and bunch of fags in 60s and 70s who fancy concrete modernist enemas, Judaism, pedophilia and communism decided to lay out whole books in it. After a while they had to stop realizing it's not very legible in small sizes. That still applies.

Segoe UI, DejaVu Serif and San Francisco are actually very good for what they are. Roboto looks wonky.

>DejaVu
I take that back, Lintard font is kind of shit, I forgot I have Arial installed and it's pretty good anti-aliased.

Open Sans Bold

Comic sans

Segoe UI

>That still applies
Not to Helvetica Neue it doesn't

arial, calibri, tahoma, verdana, segoe

basiert

Based

Helvetica is söy incarnate. Real men use TIMES NEW ROMAN

Attached: image.jpg (960x492, 213K)

Comic sans or openDyslexic. Unironically.

Attached: roboto_font.png (272x300, 43K)

No, it does not.
It has never been good for body. Even though interface text string are rather short, Apple after switching from Lucida Grande (Lucida Sans Unicode) ditched Helvetica Neue quickly for their own font (San Francisco).

However, earlier this year some foundry (I think the same that did Helvetica Neue) did release "Helvetica Now" that has a vastly altered variant addressing the body text size.

>serifs

the one specified by the operating system, forcing your own is annoying as fuck.

I like Lato.

Attached: 440px-Lato-font-plain.svg.png (440x528, 49K)

Someone's got a case of the Mondays

Real scientists prefer Computer Modern. And blondes.

/thread

this right here

Microsoft did it right with Segoe UI and Consolas.

SF Mono on my Mac ®

Fixedsys

First of all, it's a typeface.

Secondly, TNR or Cambria. Helvetica and Arial are beyond boring. Sans serif typefaces are boring.

CENTURY GOTHIC UBER ALLES, PEASANTS.

>not using monospaced fonts for everything

>What is the best font
helvetica
>for a user interface?
either helvetica or consolas, depending whether it benefits from being monospaced