This shit has been out of stock since day 1 and it is being sold at insane prices on eBay. 7/7 was a paper launch...

this shit has been out of stock since day 1 and it is being sold at insane prices on eBay. 7/7 was a paper launch. fuck AMD.

>shills will defend this

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/ryzen-3000-series-cpus-lack-overclocking-headroom,39850.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People want the latest and greatest--go figure.

Honestly, AMD's launches are always far from perfect, and you have no one yourself to blame at this point. Even first gen Ryzen was fraught with incompatibilities--RAM incompatibilities that we're still putting up with today, driver support, firmware that would fry boards.

Shit happens, and you only have yourself to blame for getting swept up into. And more likely than not, you'll get swept up in the next release, 'oh all the problems are fixed, why did I ever buy third gen?'

>paper launch
not going outside and buying one.

All zen cpus are in stock in my area, Just go outside bucko

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-18 15-23-57.png (1216x880, 218K)

i was talking about the 3900X, which is nowhere to be found.

>All zen 2 cpus are in stock in my area

can't read

just wait for the 3950X

>fuck AMD.
someone have forgotten the 9900kelvin launch, not only was it out stock due to shortages but it was also 100$ over the msrp.

Because there is huge demand for it

Attached: chrome_2019-07-18_14-29-20.png (671x493, 45K)

>100$ over the msrp.
more like $300-500 and inteldrones still bought it

This the demand outstripped supply especially after bios updates were rushed to improve PBO boost clocks even on B450s.

Attached: AMDMSIfirmwareupdateboostchanges.png (1496x950, 74K)

i don't remember the exact number it was extremely overpriced and suddenly shills are pretending that the zen 2 launch was bad.

It was desu and somewhat still is. The 3900X was supposed to have 4.7GHz boost clocks out of the box yet maybe 0.1% of users have actually been able to reach that without LN2. After bios updates users are now clocking 4.3-4.5 GHz on PBO which is still curb stomping intel but it does leave a sour aftertaste.

My guess is the CPU modules have mixed binning and PBO tries to boost all cores to an average stable frequency instead of just boost one module with the good binning.

3900X has 4.6GHz single core boost, 3950X has 4.7

this

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-18 15-54-01.png (1356x272, 44K)

I was seeing 9900Ks @ $800 for a while

>4.7ghz
No a single user can get more than 4.6ghz single core.
PBO does basically NOTHING +50mhz
Anything beyond 4.4ghz all core needs LN2.
Even on LN2 5.0ghz is difficult.
Honestly, the shit clocks is gonna make me wait for Intel's next Chip or see what 7nmEUV does.

Somebody on a forum I post on was told by a retailer that the next shipment of 3900Xs isn't expected until late August-early September, with the next one after that being November.

Retards like you who care about MUH CLOCKSPEED over real-world performance should be gassed. Go and buy a 9590 and crank it to 5.2GHz and enjoy your performance, you fucking dumbass.

Attached: boing.webm (864x1080, 2.18M)

>Bought mine from Amazon with free Fedex shipping
>Using it right now with my 1080 Ti
Enjoy the wait, bitch. HAHAHAHAHA

Honestly you probably saved yourself a headache from having thousands of fucking issues. AMD Master shows that my 3700x permanently idles at 1.478-1.5V at all time with temp spikes between 40 to 65. This is fucking scary. I already filled in an RMA. I won't be risking burning a $320 CPU and failed RMA because of muh cores. Over my whole life I didn't have as many critical issues with Intel as I did with my 3700x over last 3 days. Fuck AMD.

>thinking clock speeds mean performance
I bet you also think RPM mean horsepower

Mine works flawlessly. Idles far below 1V, maybe you should learn how to use a computer?

Which board are you using with that cpu?

Mind posting a screenshot?

*crickets*

Hopefully they get more of them out there soon. It's an excellent chip. It just chews through anything I throw at it. What impresses me most is how little power it uses when doing said chewing. Still, there are the usual teething issues that come with a new platform launch.

I had a similar scare on my 3900x with a Crosshair 8 that I fixed. I was thinking the same thing you are a couple of days ago. It is most likely a glitch that should be fixable on two fronts. This likely isn't an issue with your chip, but likely a consequence of day 1 adoption.

The big issue is that due to how Ryzen 3 works, it doesn't play well with most monitoring softwares. The only monitoring software out there now that works correctly is Ryzen Master. Everything else either reports abnormally high voltages or CAUSES them by polling so often. One way to reduce that is to change you Windows power plan from Ryzen Balanced to a Windows default, because the Ryzen Balanced plan boosts the internal polling rate from 15ms to 1ms, which is good except that it makes this problem worse. Also when monitoring, close down most applications and only have one monitoring app open at a time.

Second, check that your BIOS isn't pushing higher voltage than necessary automatically, and apply a negative offset to auto or just put in a safe voltage of 1.325. There have been a ton of BIOS issues across multiple vendors, which is because AMD has been overly secretive and restrictive with the mobo makers, leaving them little time to design and test BIOSes, which is made worse by the fact that they had to support the older gens as well on older boards. It is just a lot of work.

These issues will be fixed eventually, but they are annoying and pretty scary at times. Hope this helps!

ok I see, my bad.

I think this is relevant to you all:

>"I'm not sure what you're asking. Our boost formula is opportunistic based on VRM current, socket power, temperatures. Therefore: light workloads will have a higher boost, and heavier workloads will have a lower boost. This is the basic behavior of Precision Boost 2 we described inNovember 2017. This is thesame boost formulaused for all Ryzen 2000 Series CPUs as well: 4.3GHz peak for light threading, to around 4GHz for all-cores. No change year-over-year in how the boost behaves.
>If you're asking whether or not all cores will hit the max boost clock: no. It will not do that, nor have we ever promised or implied that. We've been very clear for 1.5 years that the Precision Boost 2 behavior is a "curve" that tries to get the loaded cores to the highest possible frequency with respect to the aforementioned limits. Even with all cores loaded, the CPU can maintain frequencies that are hundreds of MHz higher than base.
>The other goal of our engineering effort is to absolutely maximize the performance of the product out of the box.//EDIT: By designing algorithms that extract the maximum silicon performance automatically (e.g. Precision Boost 2) without asking the user to tinker or risk their warranty. So, no, you're not going to see a whole lot of manual OC headroom. That's just performance an average person--who doesn't know how to OC--can't access. Why would we do that? It is not our intent to leave anything on the table.
>It's more beneficial to enable PBO, overclock the fabric, overclock the memory. But that's true of Ryzen 2000 Series, too.

>-Robert Hallock, AMD Senior Technical Marketing Manager"

tomshardware.com/news/ryzen-3000-series-cpus-lack-overclocking-headroom,39850.html

So I guess in the end stick to PBO (covered under warranty) and play the silicon lottery. Shame reviewers left this out.

Attached: 1563289414246.jpg (697x646, 144K)

>7/7 was a paper launch
Ye it was, they clearly didn't have enough fitting dies and they couldn't take them from 3600 because those are obviously the most popular ones. Same goes for 3950X, would be impossible to release now due to high demand for the 8 core CPUs. People really shouldn't expect 3950X to be any better binned, they really just need to amass some CCDs.