How did you learn to structure and write clean comprehensive code?

How did you learn to structure and write clean comprehensive code?

Attached: manki.jpg (400x241, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Books_of_the_Western_World
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Read_a_Book
cbsnews.com/news/americans-reflect-on-the-pain-of-being-told-go-back-to-your-country/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By being a well-educated person who can express things clearly in general.

>Jow Forums
>structured and clean comprehensive code
Choose one and only one.

Bold of you to assume I know how to code

by writing a shit-ton of spaghetti code without caring
Obsessing over structure and cleanliness as a n00b inevitably leads to architecture astronomy, which is even worse than messy crap

Practice. Lots of practice and writing really shitty code.

how did you become that?

You practice, learn new things, change old things, repeat. Its a never ending cycle of improvements.

By being raised in an orthodox jewish family.

I was simply lucky in terms of cultural inheritence. But if I hadn't been, reading a bunch of books of the highest order would do the trick anyway. If you can't write clean, comprehensible prose, that's what you should address first. If you can't tell what's good prose, keep reading it until you assimilate good style.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Books_of_the_Western_World

Pick quality translations of expository works (fiction may be heavily burdened by style which is often counter to clarity of expression) and get reading. Pay attention to what you're reading and engage in a dialogue with it. Consider taking a look at this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Read_a_Book

when i tryed to pick up a personal project i had left for an year... after that i understood what it meant to write clean comprehensive code and why its important = )

>(((Mortimer Adler)))
Nice try, rabbi.

>Western World
That's great, what if I'm not interested in it because I'm Asian American and I couldn't care less about Western """"""""""""""""culture""""""""""""""""?

>le jewspiracies meme
That meme is stale and not funny any more, fuck off back to

>I'm Asian American
gross

I read the book clean code by Robert Martin.

I'm not a jew.

You should expose the jew in the actual list of recommended books, if there's any jewry to be exposed. Skimming over the list, I didn't notice any up until the final Freud volume (and you would classify Marx as a jew I suppose, so two more books there).

That huge list of significant books shows no slant toward any sort of jewry. It is actually a pretty solid compilation of important works of the broadly European-Christian culture.

Well, that post was simply a source for examples of good clean exposition. If you are so snowflakey about your precious identity, go find things that pamper your stupid sense of self. Regardless, it seems clear that Europeans historically could afford to devote more time to speculating about things and writing them down clearly. I think anyone would agree that there's a difference in the styles in which Aristotle and Lao Tzu convey their respective ideas. I personally think the style of the former has more utility in general communication (while I appreciate the fact that it completely fails with "truths that can't be spoken of", where the latter is the more suitable style).

Anyway, do whatever the fuck you want.

By learning category theory and homological algebra.

THIS!!!

Attached: DBJw-b-UIAENtWX.jpg (1200x845, 271K)

can you link a tutorial?

>learn to write
top quality advice

Well-developed intuition.

Wrong. Western culture is all based on Judaism.

hehe le ebic racism XD

באמת אתה דעתי?

Half Judaism, half Greek.

by writing code, reading about good code and rewriting bad code

He said raised Orthdox. He’s probably a pozzed dilator now.

by writing some shitty docs for myself and learning how to put things together in a logical matter, ex.

=== doom on openbsd
$ doas pkg_add freedoom chocolate-doom
$ chocolate-doom-setup
# make DOOMWADPATH environment variable
$ vim .kshrc
# export DOOMWADPATH=$PATH:/usr/local/share/doom/freedom/freedoom1.wad
# export DOOMWADPATH=$PATH:/usr/local/share/doom/freedom/freedoom2.wad
$ chocolate-doom -iwad freedoom{1,2}.wad

oh fuck i didn't even realize there was a typo, s/freedom/freedoom/

Cute black kid op

I did?

>black kid
>white skin
It's clearly an American

dilate

trial and error.

>comprehensive
?

Attached: 8QUEENS_SCRIPTBASIC.png (556x504, 21K)

we've only begun, schlomo

i didn't
that's why i learned oop :^)

>architecture astronomy

Attached: IWouldLikeToKnowMore.jpg (640x512, 41K)

By learning how to write programs functionally and declaratively.

Read Code Complete

asian culture is modeled on insectoid mentality and your entire race will be replaced by AI

Learned some basics reading some of the old classic programming essays (maybe by ESR, don't remember). Picked a lot up from reading "The C Programming Language" and "The Practice of Programming". Filled in some missing gaps by looking through linting rule justifications. Picked up a few practical things from reading Hacker News, on which occasionally a useful programming practices article will pop up.
In general I trust people who have more experience than me and I follow their advice or at least keep it in mind so I don't end up rediscovering good programming practices.

There is a wide gap between writing a shit ton of spagghetti code and obsessing over structure. The best starting place, even for a beginner, is "what's the most basic way I can write this", not "I'll just write until it works". That's creating work for yourself without even learning.

is that brian from the vid of him trying to say shit to stallman about dual licensing? It sure does look like brian from the vid of him trying to say shit to stallman about dual licensing

Why do you identify as Asian-American if you hate western culture? Why not just Asian? Do you plan to continue living in America? If so, why?

by using C

Instinct.

read Clean Code

my man!

Practice and experience, as with any skill.

is that putin?

Attached: 1560812018130.png (1200x1726, 1.58M)

Would they even allow members to program?

Attached: 1554067020417.jpg (404x521, 179K)

The memes hilarious because you get so triggered.

Attached: childs play.png (1185x833, 266K)

>That huge list of significant books shows no slant toward any sort of jewry.
Many Jewish philosophers would consider that impossible user. You must impute your past knowledge into how you communicate ideas. It's not possible to avoid that.

The two were almost intrinsically entwined by the end of the ptolemaic period.

By learning Haskell. Not even memeing.

It teaches you a lot about separating I/O from computation, and writing plenty of small, reusable functions.

i didnt !
PEWWWM!

i read plan 9

>clean code
Oh god... not this FAANG bullshit. Just get a book and practice.

>having a plan
Oh allah... not this SS bullshit. Just get weights and lift.

>tracking your nutrients
Oh buddha... not this paleo bullshit. Just get eat foods and see if you feel better.

>having a fap folder
Oh FSM... not this sadpanda bullshit. Just google "slut getting fucked" and fap.

We will decide when laughing at you stops being funny, not you

Attached: 58580595_2387891471242287_3474021594865598464_n.jpg (430x286, 18K)

then go back to asia

>go back
Do you know how hurtful that is?
cbsnews.com/news/americans-reflect-on-the-pain-of-being-told-go-back-to-your-country/

yes, that's why i said it :-)

t-too bad it doesn't hurt me.

>lmao I was born here r tard
That's all she had to say

Attached: 1523491782209.png (225x225, 79K)

Best way is to write something, throw it away, repeat.
I was lucky that my first job involved writing similar things over and over (customized code for each customer) so I had a chance to practice like that.

Attached: le-happy-merchant-question-mark.gif (377x436, 6K)

Attached: arch_bg.jpg (1280x1024, 147K)

I've found that the best way for me is just write code until the thing seems to work, then write tests to make sure it actually works, and then clean up the mess I just made by refactoring

I code with no tabs no spaces and no comments.
Fight me.

But then I start obsessing over the structure. Maybe it should be " what's the most basic way they I personally know how to do?".

I'm like that too, you should try my workflow (I'm ). It's liberating to just starting shit code out until the computer does what you want. And in the end you get that good feeling of fixing crappy code, plus you have the whole thing properly testes

That is an approach that I've taken before but somehow I feel in a work place environment they don't really want to going back and changing your code too much.

Well, your cycle isn't "done" until you've gone through all 3 steps. It's like TDD but with less retardation, I go through this cycle like once or twice a day

>tests
written test cases are a meme and waste of time, they dont cover even a fraction of real world program states

If I were to do this I would try to use unit testing libraries just for formality. Right now I kinda code in a wild-west way because I dnever really have to make anything particularly large or complicated.

>dont cover even a fraction of real world program states
not if you have hundreds of tests, unit testing libraries allow you set up and tear down your program state to simulate a real world situation

>written test cases are a meme and waste of time

Enjoy your coworkers breaking your shit.

Attached: 1552227658905.gif (200x200, 1.78M)

programming in assembly