*obsoletes your piracy*

*obsoletes your piracy*

Attached: spotify-logo-png-open-2000.png (2000x2000, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalmusicnews.com/2018/12/25/streaming-music-services-pay-2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

deezer does the opposite

*obsoletes your privacy**
I'd rather download from YouTube, thanks.

explain.

Attached: A face you can trust.png (391x351, 287K)

*limits your offline songs*
*streams in shit quality*
*charges you for decent quality*
*deletes your favorite sampled music*
wow much future

Apple Music >>> Spotify
You can upload your own music and edit metadata.

>*charges you for decent quality*
OH NO NO NO
YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A SERVICE
THINGS ARENT FREE
OH NO MARX HELP US

>edit metadata
Calm down, hacker man.

*has no fucking music whatsoever*
nice service fag, not

I'll hack your little tooshie.

Tidal is the better value buy because it has lossless,and more music as some artists haven't gotten over the exclusivity crybaby scheme because they have a portion of Tidal's shares.
Not to mention, it's less botnet due to being the boomer tech equivalent of spotify. That and they're too scared to spook any buyer who chooses their struggling underdog business.
this. NewPipe and Hooktube+ytdl work great if you want (((free))) streaming benefits without paying or hearing ads. Youtube also sounds better than SpotifyFree if you use autogen'd "Topic" channels.
goodnight i go to bed

>renting music
lmao
total garbage quality

ITT: placebo audiophools crying about muh kbps

>not archiving in FLAC and encoding copies to whatever format you want at any time
>renting low-quality music from other people

When will something like Spotify happen for movies?
I feel like 99.9% of the music I want is on Spotify but there’s just no service like that for movies.

>not having any reading comprehension, therefore missing the point entirely

How do I search the selection before paying? I have very specific music tastes

>THINGS ARENT FREE
Piracy is

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (614x572, 90K)

>search for Yoko Kanno music
>finds 5 songs

yeah i think im gonna keep torrenting

>he doesn't have semi-decent headphones that can output the bass and treble lost to mp3
>he doesn't realise that not archiving in FLAC or offering FLAC results in lower quality when remixing, re-encoding, reuploading and remastering albums
>he relies on artists and labels to keep master or best quality copies of their albums and songs for later re-issue
>he doesn't know how to make disposable opus files for mobile listening
>he doesn't know why people buy records of old analogue music when a high-quality CD/FLAC is not available
24/96 FLAC and good archival practices has allowed us to achieve a timeline where a digital copy of a pink floyd album sounds objectively better than an original mint condition vinyl produced at the time.
Think about that for a second.

how can a digital copy sound better than a original?

are you fucking retarded or something?

its like saying a picture of Mona Lista looks better than the actual picture irl. fucking retard

>digital copy sound better than a original
what the original IS digital, like most music these dayz
then you don't gain anything from listening to the vinyl

you said pink floyd retard, stop backpedalling

This. Piracy is such a good model for music distribution that the industry has quite literally bowed down to it and created all-you-can-listen buffets because they can't even compete or convince the masses that buying CD's is better. Spotify is quite literally a paid napster/piratebay and it gets so much money because people were scared of the legal consequences of torrenting back in the day or were too retarded to not fill their computer with viruses or were fed up with the download times and waiting for peers.
Piracy created spotify.

as i mostly listen to anime, japanese and videogame music Spotify is pure shit

i guess its made for normie zoomers

that sounds sexy, let's meet around 9

Cringe.

fuck off normie to your shithole

>normie zoomers aren't weebs like you
Cope

cope with what? your on fucking Jow Forums you stupid mongoloid

>Jow Forums
wrong

You can make a free account on Spotify.

*you're
>Jow Forums
you are on 4channel

start listening to more on spotify then. then your daily mixes on spotify, some will have VGM and anime music
i LOVE spotify because of daily mix feature.

Firstly, is me. The pink floyd albums were mastered in analogue, but the masters were excellently preserved because Harvest has very good standards in comparison to the rest of the music industry. The latest beyond-high-quality FLACs of the pink floyd albums available on audiophile sites sound better than the records because they went back to the masters and focused on making a remaster for the crybaby audiophiles who buy their music from 24-bit websites. Anyways, most albums where they don't keep the master around they usually just reflavour from a CD, and it definitely shows. Some labels really do sketchy shit and take a (PIRATED, mind you) mp3, add an EQ and pass it off as if they made it better, when in fact the re-encoding destroyed it.
Game companies do this too. Many remasters of old games were made from rips where the cracker/repacker/tracker added a little watermark of their copyright infringement in the files, and these games can be found on steam or in official boxes today, with compressed textures, audio, and lower quality cutscenes. Nintendo did this at some point too, they sold super mario bros and other NES games on wii-u but they in fact were (slightly innacurate) ROM dumps with some pirate's signature in the file header. This is either laziness or they have well and truly lost the source code for their classic games! Which is a shame if true :(
Cunt fuck off noone asked you

many devs have uploaded VGM to Spotify. your statement is wrong

>The latest beyond-high-quality FLACs
>beyond-high-quality FLACs

you have no idea what your talking about, do you?

Jow Forums died years ago.
If you want that argument to have any validity, go to 8. Your old boomer buddies miss you.
>he didn't get the message years ago
Can you hear me now?

>beyond-high-quality
That was just my simpleton talk for a lossless file that is better than 16bit/44kHz
>latest
By latest i meant the latest remasters of the PF albums
>>>/whatever country you're from that doesn't speak English/

You have literally zero idea of what you are talking about

I do a lot of voluntary work for the Lost Media Wiki. I think I do know that most media-producing companies are beyond shit at preserving the content they sell for future generations.
Go fuck yourself losslessnigger

*lossynigger
it's been a long day

Plenty of musicians don't bother to make sure their mp3s sound good, but wav will probably sound better even if they are generally incompetent. Try Ogg Vorbis

>not downloading some shady cracked apk
Shiggy Diggy

>downloading from YouTube
Holy fuck
I thought just listening to music on YouTube was bad
This nigger literally downloads low quality audio and thinks it's acceptable

Attached: 1533795609398.jpg (618x588, 77K)

The only CD's I've bought are edgy af cringe material to normal folks
I use them as wall art
I listen to digital downloads only

Attached: artworks-000349025508-oqyzez-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 116K)

Missing a bunch of material from Camel, Tool, Dr Dre’s The Chronic, some other pre-iTunes records

Also the whole King Crimson discography

I use this one

Attached: Capture.jpg (126x119, 3K)

spotify deletes songs from your playlist

*pirates your app*

Attached: slav.jpg (500x333, 22K)

>DO NOT REPLY TO ZOOMER POSTS
IGNORE ALL ZOOMER POSTS AND BAIT

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

Right, why pirate everything for free in superior quality when I can pay for sup-par apps that don't have everything I want to listen to?

No Manabu Namiki yet. Do you think I listen to lazy shallow gay boring Final Fantasy soundtrack #113131?

I just download music from Deezer and Tidal

Attached: IMG_20171218_224944.jpg (1353x1306, 256K)

I still buy CDs and listen to the radio.

How you dl from Tidal?

based

click download :)

test

:)

I use some programs, check Github. I think one is Tidal-dl

For me, it's musicpiped

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-000412_F-Droid.jpg (1301x807, 204K)

>For me

Suck start a shotgun

Do you think I'm editing it or some shit? I can't hear the difference nor do I care about it. Audiophiles are retarded.

You're probably using some gay youtube audio downloader which re-encodes already pretty bad audio to 128kb/s MP3. I could hear it instantly and so could most people.

I mean if you don't care about audio quality, sure.

>no high fi FLAC
TRASH

>You're probably
Fuck off with your retarded assumptions.
Newpipe -> opus, or mp3 if unavailable
>I could hear it instantly
I don't listed to music "professionally" because I'm not autistic. I only play it sometimes, never loud, when I'm doing something.

it wont. netflix at the beginning was kind of like that, but then companies started seeing they could make their own exclusive streaming sites for their movies.

>listening to music is autistic
>literally the oldest art form is autistic
I don’t think you know what autism means

Hey. Retard. You know when the quality is that low. Eberyone does. This works particularly well with real drum recordings. There's a reason people call drum sounds "muddy" sometimes. Try it with a song downloaded from YouTube and a 320 kbps MP3 one and you'll know.

Why are you so proud of perpetuating and helping a dying backwards industry of yes men and suits? You are not helping the artists by using music streaming services.
digitalmusicnews.com/2018/12/25/streaming-music-services-pay-2019/

>No I don't re-encode shit youtube audio, I actually re-encode shit youtube audio1!!!111!!!!
pottery

>oldest art form is autistic
it's one thing to do art and another to be autistic about it and be a pseudointellectual like everyone in this thread.

you basically have access to most music in existence without having to pay for shit instead of having to maintain a music database that reaches gigabytes and requires you to go through the trouble of looking up and downloading new albums, then you have to make sure their metadata fits your library's style, etc.

Someone will buy from the record label and burn it, or someone at the radio station will, or someone at MTV will, or someone at the studio will.
Piracy will always happen

Except Spotify just kicked off most indie groups. You now need a record label to represent you in order to apply

you're still renting music though, which is the problem.

You're renting a massive music library for pennies

sure, and you can lose all your songs at the drop of a hat.

Just wait until they get netflix'd
>Only 15 dollars for Disney music+ premium red

They're not yours and you have to accept it, but it's still more convenient than owning and maintaining the actual files

not really, when you own music you can be certain it's to your standards

Funnily enough I started pirating because of spotify. My last.fm botnet stopped working in it at some point and I had to restart it every time (while waiting 5 minutes until it loads after clogging my HDD usage). Now I have any album I want, even those that are not on spotify, for free, in good quality, so thanks based spotify, if you would work I'd never pirate again.

It sucks in the mountains or road trips, where you have no internet.

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)
If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

Attached: img_1755.jpg (2048x1536, 672K)

Why would you do anything besides torrenting discographies?

I always imagine him on top of those monuments, holding a cantenna made out of a Pringles can, trying to find wifi to update his blog

>only about 1% of songs are available on spotify
ahaha pirates win again

>(PIRATED, mind you) mp3, add an EQ and pass it off as if they made it better, when in fact the re-encoding destroyed it.
>Game companies do this too. Many remasters of old games were made from rips where the cracker/repacker/tracker added a little watermark of their copyright infringement in the files, and these games can be found on steam or in official boxes today, with compressed textures, audio, and lower quality cutscenes. Nintendo did this at some point too, they sold super mario bros and other NES games on wii-u but they in fact were (slightly innacurate) ROM dumps with some pirate's signature in the file header. This is either laziness or they have well and truly lost the source code for their classic games! Which is a shame if true :(
You need to provide evidence if you want to make absurd statements.

The Nintendo case was fairly well publicized, and the music industry has been well known to do crap to fake quality before. They used to compress songs and raise the base volume to attempt to hide it, so they could fit more songs on each disc

*obsoletes your piracy*

Attached: money.jpg (2001x1501, 2.7M)

>not lossless
nice meme user

yeah this. $20 gets you a microSD card that is capable of holding all the lossless music you'll ever listen too.

My phone doesn't take SD cards though.

No, fuck Spotify
Every time I try to look for a song, majority of the time the only results are some shitty cover or trap remix pretending to be the original song.
Fucking assholes don't even specify it in the title of the song title, just a blatant ripoff.

Buy a bigger storage model. If you can afford the subscription price, you can save that for the price difference from a 64gb to 128gb model

Get a better phone.