Anyone else going to run Windows 7 on their new Ryzens ?

Anyone else going to run Windows 7 on their new Ryzens ?

Attached: Carousel_678x452.jpg (678x378, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/supportonly/EZ Installer/HelpDesk_Download/
howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/
youtube.com/watch?v=9CFIDz2hgd8
blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think you'll have a hard time finding this magnitude of autism anywhere else outside the mirror

me

how do you isntall it? i tried to get win7 on my machine but kb/m doesn't work during setup

Attached: 1560108630173.jpg (500x500, 53K)

I have a Win7 partition on my Ryzen machine for games that won't run under Linux. The easiest way to do it is to pick a motherboard with a PS/2 port, into which you plug a keyboard, and install via an optical drive. Yes, a real actual polycarbonate disc, no USB. Getting through the installer with only a keyboard and no mouse is a bit of a pain but once you do, you can install your drivers and off you go. You won't have the scheduler optimizations or anything, so you might want to pick a single-chiplet CPU, unless you're willing to manually fuck with CPU affinity.

i dont own a ps2 kb since im not a boomer, can you like mod the iso and add usb drivers or something?

Attached: 75732337_p1.png (637x900, 317K)

Why would you willingly cripple your PC?
>muh telemetry
>muh botnet
>muh englund
You can turn it all of with external tools. Dont do it to your Ryzen, dont waste your time with inferior performance on win7.

Attached: 1558496625382.jpg (618x579, 70K)

i dont think win 7 will have the nvme corruption fixed

Im fine on Debian
Have fun next year

Attached: how2 (1).png (861x782, 651K)

dud just use ltsc and u gonna be fien

well maybe you should get a PS/2 keyboard

Attached: 1549145626717.jpg (3840x2160, 2.19M)

No thanks, LTSC will be ok.

You're lacking usb3.0 drivers. Use asus all in one tool

asus.com/supportonly/EZ Installer/HelpDesk_Download/

will it only work on asus boards?

Attached: 74747421_p0.jpg (318x450, 60K)

Any recommendations?
New stock non-chinesium preferred.

Attached: EXPLOSION.png (1278x721, 1.44M)

No, had it working fine on msi board when I built a computer for someone else.
I can find a ready iso with everything integrated if you prefer, give me a few minutes

>No, had it working fine on msi board when I built a computer for someone else.
okay ill try it out thankyou
>I can find a ready iso with everything integrated if you prefer, give me a few minutes
dont worry about it id rather not use and iso some sketchy pajeet made lel

Attached: 1558241504073.png (953x1339, 563K)

I made it personally for private use. But I understand your sentimental. By the way where are you trying to install? As nvme requires a windows update to work. So that would require slipstreaming an update.
I used following guides to create a personal iso.
howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/

its cool i'm using a sata ssd, i'll follow that guide though, do you still need the asus tool after adding the updates to the iso?

Attached: 72658275_p0.png (1447x2047, 2.36M)

already am

W7 still has slightly higher gaming performance in most games than 10 for some reason, like a few fps more. I think it's about the same though in terms of performance in applications on 7, 8.1 and 10.

PS/2 keyboard because I'm a boomer.

Yep, download the iso then find software to modify it. I added nvme and usb3 drivers and intend to install windows on my M2 if possible

I never understood why they tend to remove superior PS/2. Hardware interrupt > polling.

>b-but muh 2000MHz polling rate
Irrelevant.

If you slipstream drivers as well, then no need.
But it won't hurt, you'll just have extra drivers sitting around

The IBM Model M of course

windows 10 does pretty good considering it has the security patches for intel cpus which lowers performance installed automaticlly this isnt even 1903 which improved cpu and ram management youtube.com/watch?v=9CFIDz2hgd8

windows 7 has higher ram usage than windows 10 really makes you think

Yeah it's basically roughly the same. No reason to use this or that Windows version over another for performance in application reasons.
I always thought 10 was faster nowaways because of all the updates and optimizations they put in over the years. Like how XP SP3 was 10% faster than XP SP2 or 7 being faster than Vista when it was released in 2009.

>not slipstreaming USB 3.0 drivers into win7 install
heh ametures. I installed win7 with USB 3.0 stick years ago when i used it.

I'm going to ditch win7 for linux and a win10 vm / dual boot. (The VM and dual boot wil be the same physical hard drive) yeah i'm pretty epic I know.

Nobody removes PS/2 from gaming boards though.

At stock you mean? 10 has more efficient RAM management. You can disable a lot more of the bloat on 7 I believe. Like services and such. You can't disable them on 10 as far as I know.

what exactly does the bloat do can you explain in

I mean all of those services not everyone needs. Windows update, firewall, print services, etc.
Here is a list of things you can disable on 7:
blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

thats not what i meant im talking about how much slower does it make rendering

>all of those services not everyone needs. Windows update, firewall, print services, etc.
>You can't disable them on 10 as far as I know.
Yes, you can. services.msc is still there, like always.
Windows Updates can be postponed for a year or you can just use a tool or script to disable them entirely, but really, nobody should be using any of the common versions of Windows 10 nowadays. LTSB/C is the way to go.

Regular 1903 is just fine. And i'm using with a fucking FX6300 with 4GB RAM. Just disable/unstall everything you can by hand an then run one of those debloat scripts like the Sycnex one.

I never wanted to run W10 on this machine but after doing a clear install with those tweaks I got a system way snappier then my previous W7 instalation.

I tried 10 Enterprise and LTSB. In both of them I couldn't disable certain services that you can on 7 and 8.1. I think Windows update was one of them although I could be wrong.

Right.
>Windows Updates can be postponed for a year or you can just use a tool or script to disable them entirely
I said.

It's really not worth the headache at this point. There are plenty of debloated versions of Windows 10 LTSC that you can find.

where? I would be interested in this.

>try to migrate my build over to ryzen 2
>USB only works on win 10 with zen 2
>have to reformat
thanks for leaving out this piece of information shills. shoulda bought a 9700k

I gave up on trying to use Windows 7, can't get it to work on Intel or AMD.

Intel and AMD went full kike.