Linux is a server OS, bucko. Slay the dragon, clean your room, straighten your back and use a real OS

Linux is a server OS, bucko. Slay the dragon, clean your room, straighten your back and use a real OS.

Attached: _92274782_jordanpeterson-still.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sorry about your thread, try harder next time.

Do people actually find this guy profound?

The better question is whether anyone takes him seriously anymore.

His talks on the biblical myths are alright honestly.

Well I wouldn't say profound, but you can't deny that he's at least somewhat intelligent and he knows what he talks about.

Only unsorted trannies and leftoids with shitty, aimless lives dislike JBP.

True.
Nazi and retards like him. Smart people just don't give a fuck.

>he's at least somewhat intelligent
I don't deny that, but most of the things he says are common sense, I don't get the hype.

Because common sense is not so common, and lots of people have never been told the things they should have, so JBP is like a revelation to them and a good insight into how to improve their lives.
Rather than ask why people are so interested in him, I think we should ask why haven't these things that should be common sense been taught to people.

Common sense was being sidelined. Gender equity and other nonsense was being pushed. Young people were being brainwashed by a media that didn't care about the truth only their ideology. Also when he talks about young men needing encouragement that rang true for a hell of a lot of us

Because the people who listen to him didn't have parents who cared and so they need some college professor to tell them about the benefits of cleaning their rooms and being well groomed.

Yeah they're called the alt-right and encompass pretty much every angsty white teenager on the internet

Apparently.

Attached: 3534534535.png (756x400, 95K)

true

I don't wanna get his book or watch his talks. Can you give me a brief run-down of the positives of cleaning my room and being well-groomed?

I've never listened to his talks either but I think the general idea is that taking care of yourself (and your surroundings) is the first step to bettering yourself, achieving your goals, bettering the world and so on. If you don't bother with basic necessities, you probably aren't someone who's going to put much effort into other things.
It's a baby step that male college students eat up because an easy step for their lazy asses. Whether they follow it up with anything meaningful, that's on them.
Also, pic.

Attached: 1551818517699.jpg (854x480, 60K)

>common sense
It is a fucking superpower in current year.

Don't forget to buy his $2000 rugs.

Attached: grifter.png (1440x2560, 1.43M)

Fuck that's ugly.

this
/thread

It basically comes down to creating order from chaos. Which should be a known facet for a programmer. In regards of your life, that starts with your room

you forgot to wash your peepee baka

t. Vice reporter

>but most of the things he says are common sense, I don't get the hype.
because americans are degenerate retards compared to common sense

Only retards do. Just take a look at some of his quotes on en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson

>"The future is the place of all potential monsters."
The future is the place of potential everything.

>"You can't make rules for the exceptional."
No shit, that's the definition of exceptional.

>"Income inequality is increasing, and you might ask yourself: 'Why is that?' Well, that's what income does."
Peterson on economics, brilliant. It's what income does, easy!

>"History is the biography of the human race."
2deep

>"When you know that the snake is in you – that's wisdom."
Sure, whatever that means.

He also wrote in 12 Rules for Life he wanted to kick a 2yo child across the playground cause the kid stepped on his daughter's hands while staring Jordan down. He also believes that people who aren't murdering people 24/7 can't be atheist, cause if you were really atheist you'd just go around killing people.

He's sick to the head, I have no idea how people think he's brilliant. He also completely embarrassed himself in the debate with Žižek by admitting, proudly, that out of Marxism he has only read the Communist Manifesto, which is a propaganda pamphlet, not an academic work.

His house is full of Soviet art, which he doesn't even consider to be art. He keeps it around as a reminder of horrors. He's also into shamanism, Indian rituals and thinks people can't quit smoking unless they have a spiritual psychedelic experience on magic mushrooms.

Attached: serveimage(44).jpg (1440x490, 136K)

>I have no idea how people think he's brilliant
Hes a dumb persons idea of what an intelligent person is.
Whats funny is how he constantly shits on postmodernism while also being very postmodern himself. But his cult followers would know nothing about any of that obv.

Attached: 435345345.jpg (347x145, 8K)

It was literally developed to be used on desktop, fucktard. It's just that most desktop users are as retarded as you are.

I can't believe he said that

>His house is full of Soviet art, which he doesn't even consider to be art. He keeps it around as a reminder of horrors. He's also into shamanism, Indian rituals and thinks people can't quit smoking unless they have a spiritual psychedelic experience on magic mushrooms.
Source?

Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to his talk tomorrow.

tfw you're too stupid to understand when someone explains a highly metaphysical topic with allegories.

You need a community that explains everything with "the joos" or something similarly onedimensional. They also dislike peterson you'll fit in great

Attached: Rescue_f70f83_6226594.jpg (600x941, 162K)

This is the thing about Peterson.
He is an academic that actually talks in terms that are achievable in the here an now.
No Patriarchy or cultural overlords that determine your life.
And these people that eat this up are the normies that have never heard about this stuff.
You have got to realize that most of the people just fall in line and don't think for themselves they are not shown here because these people are afraid of Jow Forums the picture of Jow Forums to the outside is just Nazis and hackers.
An their life's are revolutionized when a for 40 years ago standard dad/granddad figure tells them to shut up and clean their room before trying to clean up the country, they cant believe it.
No one have told them this before.

Even Jordan is sad and upset that he is needed, he constantly talk about how sad it is that he is just saying things that are common sense and information that has been passed down for hundreds of years suddenly is news and to a lot of people offensive.

Well he has stated multiple times that he is a
"Filthy Capitalist".
And rugs/carpets that are handmade are usually very expensive.

How is this not a good thing in the end?
Neet is neet and wont listen to parent
"Internet dad" tells him to clean his room
Room gets cleaned
"internet dad" tells neet to sort himself out and get along with the important people around him
neet now gets along with his mom and moves out.

Attached: 2e6.jpg_large.jpg (822x1024, 91K)

>Linux is a server OS
So?

Bruh he just confuses/conflates allegories with reality in order to define truth in whichever way he wants. Its not hard to figure out. The fact that people think this is so profound is fucking hilarious. Hes like a poor mans Joseph Campbell.

I have the exact word for you as to why they mistake his intelligence with profundity... articulate.

>real OS
mobile OS's are the future old man, and they all run unix