When you find out your ISP puts you through DOUBLE NAT

>when you find out your ISP puts you through DOUBLE NAT
godfucking dammmit

Attached: 1533007734508.png (355x56, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network#Private_IPv4_addresses)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only happens when you are being investigated by law enforcement.

t. AT&T employee

Can confirm
t. FBI Special Agent

You can either change isp or pony up for a static ip

wait how can you tell?
t. brainlet

Can also confirm
t. The President of Earth (USA)

because the traceroute goes through two IP addresses which are reserved for "local"/private networks (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network#Private_IPv4_addresses) so there need to be at least two translations

It's starting to look like triple NAT! Triple NAT all the way across the net!

maybe your a dumbass and dont have your isp modem/router in bridge mode...so when you connect your actual router to it, you get double NAT

You could still have a static iPv6 without incoming connections being firewalled.

How is that a problem ?

Fixed Wireless by chance?

half of Jow Forums just did a traceroute test

Attached: 1561921495379.jpg (720x611, 44K)

That's not exactly a sure way to tell, as organizations can use private IPs just fine to interface routers as long as internet-facing interfaces use public IP addresses. It's not unusual to do a traceroute to some host on the internet and find some router IPs from the private range in between.
An ISP could totally assign you a public IP while pushing 10.184.24.1 as gateway if you're using a point-to-point protocol (i.e. PPP or PPPoE instead of pure Ethernet) for IP access, but you're right that this never happens in practice.
Carrier-grade NAT is definitely happening when your router gets either a private IP assigned on its WAN interface or one from the designated 100.64.0.0/10 range. For example, my phone currently has a global IPv6 address over mobile data, but uses 10.156.x.x/32 for IPv4.

sure looks that way.
not likely. i think it's just the way op's ISP is set up to handle connections.

he could be double nat due to a shitty config/shitty modem router combo from isp

from that logic I am behind at least 5 private NATs yet I still do have public IP

t. wireless eurocuck

>turn off wi-fi on my phone
>carrier's network gives me a publicly-routable IPv4

Attached: 1562490379735.gif (450x254, 986K)

If this isn't any proof, I can access two of my ISP's router pages though I can't login of course

also possible, yes.

Nah, can't set it to bridge mode. It's my country's problem to have shitty ISPs

Of course I'm double NAT'd but still have a public IP, though this means I'm not hte only one using this public IP

ok, so is that they only router you are using the one from the ISP or do also have another router?

no I have dedicated public IP not shared with anyone. On my uplink interface I have private lan IP though. my data carrier is somehow mirroring it to me I am not sure how they are doing it exactly

I have another router (which I'm currently not using) then the ISP's router (an ONT), then whatever the fuck they are using to consolidate 10.x.x.x and another one they're using to consolidate 172.20.x.x

That's how they mostly go with customers with static public IPs, they still go through their own networks (probably because they wanted you to use their DNS or some other shit)

>run traceroute
>no private network IPs
is this a good or bad sign?

Attached: 1548976681738.jpg (800x600, 159K)

>router -> modem -> * * *
u-uh oh

Easier way is to just Google your up. If the public IP on Google's page is different to the WAN IP on your router then yeah you're double NAT

>192.168.100.1
How did you get my IP?!????11!!
I'm calling the internet police and the state police!

You'd be pretty ignorant in 2019 to think most ISPs still let their customers enable bridge mode. My 2009 cable modem had this feature disabled remotely. I had to buy my own equipment and spoof its MAC

>ISP not using the reserved CGNAT address space for this
haram

anons how fucked am I

Attached: dmz.png (604x145, 15K)

So how do you setup a homeserver with this?

I don't think you can't order your ISP to portforward their routers to you

you get a business grade plan

that's gay, any other way? ssh tunneling perhaps? it's probably cheaper than the gayness plan

#NotMyPresident
t. Sneed (formerly chuck)

>europoor education

You have 8 hackers connected to you, it looks like

Good sign, now you have no deniablity

Attached: dmz.png (604x145, 15K)

madman

You look up their plans and see how much a dedicated IP address costs. Often it's not an upgrade to a customer plan, though.
My old ISP wanted €5/mo extra for that service so I rented a VPS for €3/mo instead, set up a VPN which tunneled IPv4 over IPv6 on a Raspberry Pi and configured my game consoles to use that as their gateway. It worked pretty well until I switched to Big ISP which still has enough IPv4 space for dual stack internet connections for every customer.

You buy a static IP from them.
You can try to be cheap about it and use a dynamic DNS service and hope that works.
A good failsafe is to run a windows box at home all the time with Team viewer on it.

what was it?

They've run out of public IP addresses.

>the cyber police and the state police

forced ipv6 when

>he doesn't tunnel all traffic via self-hosted vpn

nice pepe

Attached: gigachad's ssd of choice.png (800x600, 253K)