1903 banding

THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE OF WINSHARTS
eizoglobal.com/support/compatibility/software/problem_windows10_may_2019_update/index.html

Attached: banding.png (987x1089, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/c8vk3t/psa_windows_10_1903_has_a_major_bug_displaying/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/c4k38e/when_are_you_guys_going_to_fix_the_gamma_issue_in/
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/c0xxj7/who_else_here_is_affected_by_this_issue_since_the/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/bzed4h/windows_10_1903_banding_vertical_strips_issue/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1152704/geforce-drivers/visible-stripes-in-gradients-with-windows-10-update-1903-using-any-of-the-430-x-drivers/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1151907/geforce-drivers/color-banding-gtx-1080-ti-windows-10-version-1903/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Top kek xD

Oh no, 5 people needing picture perfect graphics editing will have to rollback to a previous version.

>winsharts
Who the fuck talks like this? Grow up

>t. winshit

nvidia/amd gpu driver override what ever generic trash drivers windows comes with. If you are too fucking retarded to install these before starting work on your "professional project" than you deserve this

t. winnigger

What I'm supposed to see?
Both images are the same

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190508_at_10.37.07.jpg (1648x930, 167K)

>muh 5 people strawman
please commit sudoku ^_^

lmao @ winshits
how can you fuck up like this

this is why no one takes linux seriously. a bunch of post puberty edgelords who think they are hackerman because they moved from ubuntu to arch in 6 months after they mastered the step-by-step guide provided by someone who actually knows what he's doing (and would never get that low to talk like this).

who said anything about linux? you feeling a bit insecure?

>implying anone else besides linuxers talk like this

Attached: 1556337953737.jpg (1115x746, 217K)

It's called being an adult. We're allowed to use bad words.

everything on Jow Forums is like that. Itoddlers, winshits, amdrones, nvidiots, int(c)els, freetards, as much artificial dividers of people as you only can stuff into it. All to make it easy for shills and corporations who made these products to manipulate you and give anons an opportunity to raise their self-esteem for hating someone 'not like us'
This is not about linux since windows side talks exactly in the same way. Welcome to the real world

by the way, linux is taken pretty much seriously because you know, it's only desktop share which is 1%, literally everything else uses linux kernel, even your cheap android phone.

utter fucking moron

/thread

Attached: fuck off.jpg (349x642, 40K)

>picture perfect
>eizo 2019
Maybe on some models if you can sort those apart from all the overpriced trash that they sell.

This explanation doesn't even make sense, 10 ships with the basic Microsoft driver but it will automatically install a Nvidia/AMD driver for you after you've finished setup.

I'm looking at that picture on win10 1903 and don't see the issue

it doesn't do it correctly on initial install, always use DDU and then install latest driver after clean windows installation

AMD or Nvidia user?

those pictures look same to me, what am i doing wrong?

I have this issue.

nvidia, I don't think it has anything to do with drivers
it's just some retard didn't clean install and updated, something got messed up

It installs an older version, but it certainly still works.

>Winshit 10 update breaks shit

Is this even news worthy at this point? Windows 10 is a never ending beta test.

>may differ
>may depend
WOW, IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

Attached: 1563526254426.png (987x1089, 69K)

Stop posting my gf anytime.

>WOW, IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/c8vk3t/psa_windows_10_1903_has_a_major_bug_displaying/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/c4k38e/when_are_you_guys_going_to_fix_the_gamma_issue_in/
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/c0xxj7/who_else_here_is_affected_by_this_issue_since_the/
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/bzed4h/windows_10_1903_banding_vertical_strips_issue/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1152704/geforce-drivers/visible-stripes-in-gradients-with-windows-10-update-1903-using-any-of-the-430-x-drivers/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1151907/geforce-drivers/color-banding-gtx-1080-ti-windows-10-version-1903/

if you want to run excel or word, sure it works
it messes with madvr, some games, 144hz monitors, probably with graphics editors

Which is fine for 95% of people.

have sex

95% of people wouldn't notice banding either

>more and more shit keeps coming out about 1903
Fuck this shitty operating system. Have go fucking use it for work and drives me nuts.
>new update also cause latency issues and can effect performance
How can you fuck up. Damn monkeys.

>reddit
>reddit
>reddit

Attached: 1521249085318.png (989x1000, 342K)

Exactly, it's a non-issue.

1903 users are the beta testers for 1809 users

Based and cutepilled

>lso cause latency issues and can effect performance
it actually got better for me on 1600x

This is a bug in 1903, it is not a bug in graphics driver

Ever since Microsoft fired their entire testing team, Windows took a huge nose dive in quality assurance and bugs went way up

I only have 1 machine updated to 1903, but yeah, I can definitely see some banding. An 1809 machine connected to the same monitor and displaying the same test image does not have banding, so this is real. The 1809 system is a desktop with a 2080 Ti and 1903 is a Surface Pro 6 which only has an Intel iGPU, so it's highly unlikely to be driver related. Something is fucked in 1903. Ah well, I never noticed before and I won't waste time trying to fix it.

>Ever since Microsoft fired their entire testing team
i'd ask for a source, but i've used windows 10 and so i can believe this

And this is why you don't use major feature updates. Use LTSB/C to avoid this kind of retarded problems.

>shot myself in the knee by proposing a windows software project which can break potentially break every time microsoft release an update

god, I hate myself so much.

that explains why everything has looked much worse watching shows on my roommates machine recently
i set it up with a debanding filter in it's media player ages ago, and i assumed an update killed that or something

>forced updates
>"its not bad because it only broke 1 percent (of 10 billion)"
Microsoft is personally breaking installs and nobody can stop them

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-010817_YouTube.png (2560x1440, 937K)

Windows 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95, 3.1 don't have this problem. Enjoy your permanent alpha version software.

If you don't like it you can leave.

that's racist

Software doesn’t tend to break that easily unless you are relying on undocumented quirks within the kernel or API
Shit like Office 97 has survived for over 20 years and still runs fine in Win10

>breaking news: Microshit is incompetent
Just look at what Goolag has done with Chrome OS. Immutable, sandboxed, highly optimised, It just works. And it's only been going for a short while. Yet Microshit has been working on Windows for decades and it just keeps getting worse.

I don't see a difference?

He's not a freetard, he's an unemployed Apple fanboy that spends all his time making threads and posts like these. He's well known as a complete loser around this place

>this is why no one takes linux seriously.
Good. Easy gatekeeping for us.

>Not typing "Actual display may dither from above".
What a shame.

This is a limitation set by corporate greed since non-FirePro and non-Quadro cards DO render 10-bit, but they are gimped so they can steal more money from us by selling workstation cards.
Sure, they are the best binned cards they make, but that doesn't make it right to disable features that are already working on the cards.
Because people re-flashed Geforce and Radeon cards so they could display 10-bit just fine.

It looks worse than XP you fucking nigger

Not anymore. Unless you haven't noticed, Granny uses a smartphone now. Most of the 95% of people who don't need desktops have moved on from desktops.

>random angry virgins fanboi shitposting on Jow Forums
>the real world

>tones are not displayed correctly

Attached: ryppynaama.jpg (598x554, 88K)

I would be among those people, were I currently using that version of windows. So yes, I care.

Yeah, no. 5% of 800m is still 40m people.

IPS fag spotted

So do you have literally any basis for "95% of desktop users would be fine with XP" or are you just stuck in a 2001 mentality rut where normalfags actually use desktops

>banding
>ips
the sad state of Jow Forums

>1903
why am i still in 1809? is 1903 one of those test versions? i think i've got the auto update thing checked

>what are laptops

well certainly not desktops I'll tell you hwat

>reddit boogyman

Attached: reddit boogeyman.gif (781x664, 156K)

>its not a boogeyman even though its real

>tfw LTSC user on glorious 1809

Attached: 1499871008240.gif (400x226, 535K)

kek

He can't see the difference you mongbong, because of low contrast of his screen.

That's not what a strawman means you absolute retard

Seriously 1809 is peak Windows 10. They should stop and only make security patches.
Oh right, that's why se have LTSC :^)