/ipados/

A thread to discuss this beautiful OS that lets us combine efficiency and portability.

Got an ipad pro 11“ a few days ago. IpadOS is blazing fast, the new multitasking functions are lit, and the mouse support is the first step to getting this baby on the same level as a macbook pro. What do you Jow Forumsentoomen think about it?

Attached: 67FB3E7D-8AC8-4048-96E4-980CAF4DBF3F.jpg (2400x1438, 272K)

>that mouse implementation
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: laughingbossfromspiderman.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

you already installed the beta on your new ipad? risky.
you can now shrink it i believe.

Fuck as much as I hate Microsoft wouldn't something like a surface pro fit your retarded touch bullshit and be way more efficient at basically every thing while also cheaper even with the kiked up m$ price

i have both. i use my surface for drawing in photoshop and my ipad to sketch out certain things. the os on the ipad, especially with ipados13 fits a tablet way better with its gestures, it's more fluent and you can do things quicker. on my surface windows 10 stutters a bunch for no apparent reasons because with the same interactions on my $3k desktop computer the same stutters happen, like when you open action center or something.

Should I buy the iPad Pro 12.9 or the new entry level Macbook Pro? They're about the same price after including the keyboard and pen.
I think with iPadOS I can do everything I need to do on it but I'm still not sure if it's the better choice, I do have a desktop at home but it's a Linux/Windows system.
I have a Surface too but man, that thing fucking sucks as a tablet and iPadOS just looks so much better.

>gestures
Like what gestures?

sage
Fuck off back to /b/ faggot zoomer. I can smell the summer wafting off of you.

As much as I hate apple iPads are peak of comfines.
Can't believe android just didn't copy it and called it a day.

If portabiliy is a key factor for you, get an ipad. Mbps are too overpriced tbqh
True user
Based and redpilled

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1550808406874.png (1740x1336, 3.07M)

>Mbps are too overpriced tbqh
But I said that they'd be the same price.

It's frustrating how slow they move. Yeah, iPad OS changes were great but all the stuff was obvious since the first iPad Pro. Also mouse support is hidden and it generally doesn't look like they care too much. They have the best hardware, the best trackpad drivers and can't even offer a touchcover with a trackpad, what fuckery is this?

Biggest weakness and strength of it is Windows. You might be use more software, but you also have use pure cancer.

Pretty much in the same spot. Though since I need to work with text, I'll wait until fall and see whether they make the last step with gen 4. If you don't need the stuff right away, why not wait too? If you need something right away, iPad OS is still in beta, so might as well go with MBP.

>If you don't need the stuff right away, why not wait too?
From what I hear they're likely to launch in early to mid 2020 and considering Apple loves to reuse their designs for 2-3+ generations, I wouldn't expect massive changes. I'd expect the new processor of course, probably a minimum spec bump to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage and that's about it.

Sure but that sounds pretty damn nice. Specially the RAM in the normal versions seems a bit too limited for the future when it gets more pro apps.

>128GB of storage
VERY UNLIKELY. Jewing on storage is their MO.

>VERY UNLIKELY
I think they'll need something to set it apart, otherwise to your average consumer it's a practically identical product. iOS has always been super RAM efficient so I'm not sure there's much of an issue there, but it depends on what you're doing.
I'll wait until the Apple events during September and October and see what they say, hopefully they'll announce a desktop mode for iPad OS to compete with Android Q and Samsung DeX.

moving around the os, on windows it's very limited so i had to install a free app called gesturesign. on ipados you can swipe up from the bottom for going home, slide in other windows without having to care about their size. oh also the touch keyboard on windows is annoying.

Can you resize the windows if you are split screen? When I’m taking notes from a text on iOS 12 it only does 1/2 or 3/4 (main window). I want my main window to be larger than 50% of the screen but not 75%.

nope, it's 25% (iphone size), 50% or 75% on ipados.

Can you display two pages side by side in Pages or any other text editor? Is that at least possible on the 12" one?

So what good ipad i can buy for cheap?

regular ipad for about three hundo
pages literally has a "Two Pages" option under view options.

They are refreshing the iPads in a few months.

The mini is comfiest for reading imo, but if you need a regular sized one for cheap buy a regular iPad. Shits leagues better than other tablets, don’t let street shitters tell you otherwise

>the same level as a macbook pro
That's not really an achievement

>pages literally has a "Two Pages" option under view options.
Nice. Was worried the mobile version wouldn't have it given how cut down Office 365 is.

Air 2.
You can get one used pretty cheap, it gets ipad os update and its still plenty fast if you don't care about games.
I bought one for reading and its perfect.