Now that the dust has settled, was XP a good OS?

Now that the dust has settled, was XP a good OS?

Attached: Windows-XP-Logo-microsoft-windows-37078822-489-345.png (489x345, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=4500331
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was decent I guess

Hospitals and the military still run XP. Tells you enough.

no, original XP was pretty shit. the x64 edition which is actually server 2003 was a lot better.

Yes

xp is a garbage os that was trash in it's time, the retconning of how bad it was as if it's some golden os is fucking hilarious

except the sp3 all xp versions were absolute shit

The 64-bit version was.

>Tells you enough.
>appeal to the authority
Remember when entire hospitals lost all of their records in Wannacry?
I do.

It was shit.

Back in the day, everybody knew 2000 was better.

>was
lol

What dust has setled?
XP still gets updates
catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=4500331

Sure. It's not surprising it took IBM to give us a workable Windows product.

>poor people still run XP
yup that tells me enough

Always loved it, although some developer acquaintance of mine used to rant to me about how limiting it was to software GUI and how Vista solved that but I still don't think that matters much or even at all.

Sort of funny 9/10

XP was ok. ME was WAY better.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 99K)

chuckled

After the service packs of course!

It was complete trash before SP2, had zero protections whatsoever. With SP2, it could still easily get fucked over, but at least it wasn't the case of a virus infecting half billion users every month.

I still have my 2003 backups, I had to reinstall it every month or so because it fucking broke so easily.

No

XP wasn't perfect especially not initially (there was a point in time that the moment you connected a fresh install of xp that didn't have sp1, you would instantly get the MS Blaster worm) but it was a great step up from the instability of 98. I remember the beta scene for xp in 2001 it was fun times. Seeing the evolution of it.

>(there was a point in time that the moment you connected a fresh install of xp that didn't have sp1, you would instantly get the MS Blaster worm)
i had that problem
i had to got to a friends place to download the service pack when i decided to upgrade

This, people remember XP as good because it's last iteration with SP3 was good. Early XP was garbage.

Yes. I liked it more than 7.

The OS? No.

The times the OS represented? Yes.

He was the start of the tranny movement user