/spg/ - Smartphone General

Edisi melayu

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: huawei-p30-pro-kameranya-susah.jpg (800x600, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.mediashell
androidauthority.com/realme-x-review-985765/
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for based apple and iPhones

>Hijab
Demographic replacement and social engineering propaganda

Will the Nokia 6.2 be better the mi a3?

nokia 6.2
>LCD but 1080
mi a3
>AMOLED but 720p
imho nokia wins here if the pricepoints are the same

Any good replacement for bixby routines that doesn't shit on the battery?

I use some of em for stuff like smart lock (which shits the bed on location if I set it up through the google settings instead of routines), doing stuff outside and at night. I plan to disable everything related to bixby through adb but I'd need to get rid of routines for that as well.

Does anybody know how long it might take for the optical in-display fingerprint sensors on a lot of these chinkphones (OP6T, OP7, P30 etc) to burn into the screen since they keep shining a bright light repeatedly using the same pixels? That shit has to burn in eventually, right? Has anyone had it happen?

Attached: in-display-fingerprint-sensor.jpg (755x467, 33K)

When is it coming out desu?

is the iphone 7 worth it in 2019? I can get a used one for about 240$.

>Still falling for burn-in boogeyman
Inb4 same 4 webms of chinks buying display models

>1960mAh battery from factory
>used
You gonna be charging that bitch 3 times a day

I got my OP6T back in December and I started noticing the fingerprint sensor burn-in around mid-May. It sucks, but it's only really noticeable when the sunlight hits my screen.

Just don't use fingerprint sensor where you're sure you're not gonna need to have your phone locked. Hell it's even annoying to have to constantly unlock it that way.

Jesus Christ. Didn't know the battery was that small.

>used iPhone
>worth anything
Pick none

iPhone batteries fucking suck, this is why normies are always at 5% in the middle of the afternoon

Its fucking weird how none of the farsi speaking girls I talk to have accents.

I always expect it to be super thick like an indian and there is literally no accent.

user here with bricked Motorola Droid 4 from two days ago, I finally managed to unfuck it from fastboot. Posting this because the net is full of disinfo about this phone and it fucking pisses me off. The bootloader didn't have the "no BP" option so I couldn't charge it that way. I managed to fool fastboot that it has enough battery by launching it while the phone was plugged in the socket and promptly disconnecting it afterwards - the fastboot kept displaying the "battery ok" status afterwards until reset. After reflashing it, battery was at 5%.

iPhones are notorious for their shit batteries, and when you consider that it's been used for 2-3 years you're looking at 70-50% capacity depending on hard Jamal used it. Granted he knows jacks shit about 20-80 rule you're looking at worse case scenario.

Reminder to ignore and report :^)

>only really noticeable when the sunlight hits my screen
Are you sure you're seeing a burn-in and not just the actual sensor itself? That can be seen if the screen is off and you shine a bright light onto it.

>applels charge their phones daily
>unaware of 20-80
>365 cycles a year
>used for 2-3 years
There's a reason he wants to sell that shit

Fuck no. LCD is not worth a feeeeew pixels of sharpness

I'm 99% certain it's a burn-in. That and the VoLTE and VoWiFi icon on the status bar are also burned in.
>inb4 disable it

Alright boys, I'm getting the OP7 6/128 for $420 from my cousin in Shenzen.

I have a shitty chink "TV box" EMISH X800. The problem is that it doesn't have software to receive chromecast. There is play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.mediashell this thing, but it seems that it is not working. How do I achieve this?

Could you post pics of it, i'm curious to see how actual burn-ins look, not that display model shit

Don't you will regret it.
The only acceptable Android phone is a Pixel.

Actually decent deal compared to EU prices
>tripxcrement opinion

I'd get that but they have shit QC, dogshit hardware, and they aren't worth the cost. I'd rather get a Samshit over it, even an Exynos one. God knows Pixels have shit battery life anyway.

August

lol k whatever, get a oneplus

Attached: mentally-challenged-indian.jpg (250x250, 26K)

I thought the 6/128 isn't sold in China. Where I live, the only OP7 China import sets sold are 8/256 and 12/256. I bought my own 8/256 set for the equivalent of about 480USD/380GBP (still cheaper than the local official OP6T ironically).

>get the phone
>dont unpack it
>sell for 500
>use dosh to buy an actual phone

Keep coping, nigger. OP phones get routine updates just like Pixlels, and gcam bridges the gap. No reason to buy that kike shit if you can help it.

What actual phone? A Pixel? An iPhone? A Samshit? Huawei? They all have big fucking flaws. Garbage battery life on the Pixels/iPhones/Samsungs and Huawei is ultra chinked

>doesn't want to get chinked
>buys phones straight from Shenzen
Ok whatever, go for it, at least make sure it has the right ROM and not chink one

/spg/ Redpill me on buying k20 Pro carbon black 6/128 for 410$ from Aliexpress.
>not employed still student with money from savings
>i'd spend 75% of savings if i buy but still its not money needed to live more than normally
Current phone Redmi Note 4 4/64 1.5y old, maybe can sell for 60-80$ to some bummer

Attached: redmi-k20-pro-immagini-dal-vivo-hands-on-09.jpg (800x533, 73K)

not worth, buy K20

GBMI9T800

>don't have enough money to live normally
>wants to blow what little he has on a phone
Go for it, make sure to spend your left overs on booze as well

>switched from xiaomeme to OnePlus
>have to re-learn all the gestures
>also have to use a samshit tablet for work with its own gestures
Help

Attached: arms.jpg (450x300, 14K)

>Abandoning Xiaomeme for OnePlus Shit
You've made your bed, now sleep in it

Since Android Q is going to have its own gestures, will that mean every phone will have the same global gestures after the update?

>improve reading comprehension
Literally said if i spend that money its okay because i dont need it to live normally as im doing anyways.
Thanks, my main concern is just that Redmi will put more work in future updates to k20 Pro than k20 because its their flagship

Going by how almost everyone ignored the Pie pill-based gesture system, I'm sure most manufacturers will just keep their own gestures anyway, maybe with an option to switch to Q's. Xiaomi's system for reaching a little higher to access slide-out menus IMO works better than Q's touch and hold before pulling.

>Redmi will put more work in future updates to k20 Pro than k20 because its their flagship
Zoom-zoom, its Xiaomi not Redmi, also even my old Note 5 gets updates faster than my sisters fucking Pocophone, so you're basically wrong. Also live within your means, get the cheaper variant.

IIRC Redmi is its own independent line now separate from the main Xiaomi, similar to Poco.

Why do people use gestures lol

What is the point of nfc really? I can see It working with a smart band or smartwatch whereas you can just get it closer and get it done, so you can realize a payment without getting your hands at the wallet, if your hands are busy or if you don't want them to get dirty right before eating a meal.

If you need to reach out to your phone, then what is the point? You might as well get your wallet and your card. And the wallet might even be more hygienic than the phone.

So much for innovation. Or is the something I'm missing here?

More screen real estate. I like having my full screen and not seeing those buttons on the bottom all the time.

>melayu
Palabuto babi

Who here will get the Mi A3 despite the 720p display? I think I will

Yeah, because Poco and Redmi are separate from Xiaomi. Its sub-branding. So what you said makes sense.

where do you live bro

Get a little bit of extra screen space, and also ward off burn-in on OLED screens.

Attached: 777.jpg (840x473, 32K)

I just didn't want to deal with pocomeme's touch lag anymore, it was unironically affecting my typing too. I got a good deal on a chink op7 grey import 8gb/256gb so I took it and sold my pocomeme.

see this, this is the mark of regret in non-believers of the gesture faith

imagine knowingly paying for a scam

Since the Sony XZ1 Compact is now 2 years old, is there any hope for anyone making a sub 5" flagship with a jack?

Attached: 463185-sony-xperia-xz1-compact-810.jpg (810x456, 36K)

Even my old Redmi 4A is still getting updates, support is least of your worries

Attached: IMG_20190719_175124.jpg (4000x2000, 2.76M)

>making a sub 5" flagship
>sub 5" flagship
>sub 5"

Attached: hynx2.jpg (620x382, 21K)

Because fuck buttons, fullscreen mode is the shit

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-19-18-01-01-476_com.emogoth.android.phone.mimi.donate.png (1080x2340, 230K)

I don't need 1080p. I care more about that it's OLED, Android One and the large battery. I won't pay 250€ but if it goes below 200€ I think I'll buy it.

My Redmi Note 4 stopped getting updates somewhere in April... Like 2 years after release

>I think I will buy it
>I won't pay 250€ for it

alright buddy

Attached: kot.png (1242x1224, 1.88M)

>implying that having a phone that you need a purse to carry if you don't want to be stabbed in the pelvis is better than a comfortable one handed experience

Attached: 91792d1384434838t-stop-giant-phones-big-cell-phone.jpg (396x274, 15K)

Ok i'll take everything back then, wasn't aware that THE budget of already budget phones got better support than legendary Note 4. Do as you wish I suppose, good luck inna college/uni.

Do I buy from china to save 20€ or europe to have legit warranty?

>mfw looking for small phone about same or smaller than iphone 5c
>need basic smart phone, camera, not really a factor
>comparing phone sizes
>see palm phone
>finally.jpg
>mfw it's $350
Fuck me. Ive never spent so much on a fucking phone
Pls tell me theres something cheaper
Xperia compact is too big
I just need it for email/calendar and phone

Pic related - taken from my previous phone (OP1).

The burn-in of the icons (VoWiFi/VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Network) on the status bar is only visible under direct sunlight. I had to run pic related through photoshop and modify the contrast and RGB values just to make the burn-in visible. I hope the image compression here is forgiving enough to let me upload it without fucking up the quality too much.

Attached: burn-in status bar.jpg (3120x4160, 3.87M)

It's gonna go down in price obviously. Mi A2 was 250€ at launch too, now it's under 150€.

>Xperia compact is too big
Have you tried it? If you account for the lack of a home button, they're very similar.
Otherwise, if you really just need it for email, I'd look at the later Symbian Nokia/Sony Ericsson or BlackBerry devices.

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-102003_DuckDuckGo.jpg (1419x1302, 490K)

Thanks user, I appreciate that you dug out your old and busted OPO just for an anonymous stranger. So when under direct sunlight, is the burn-in then quite obvious or do you still have to go searching for it? And would it also be possible to photograph the fingerprint sensor location?

Thanks, idk user, thing that bugs me more is that they stopped updating Redmi Note 4 (MTK) and I got Redmi Note 4x (SD chipset) but About Phone declares it as "4", nevertheless it is an 4x by design.
>Chinked but not that hard, still had 2y support

androidauthority.com/realme-x-review-985765/

Thoughts on this?

Attached: realmeme.jpg (1200x630, 105K)

>So when under direct sunlight, is the burn-in then quite obvious or do you still have to go searching for it?
Under direct sunlight it's blatantly visible - I don't have to go searching for it either, it's just becoming a bit of an annoyance. As for the fingerprint sensor, the burn in doesn't show up too well for me to take a good photo (even after editing in ps).

can't get outside of india

I thought it was coming to the uk?

>(MTK)
Get a CPU-Z and check what kinda of phone do you actually have, also run phones IMEI through Xiaomi authenticator

Appreciated, user. It's interesting that this happened to you after only half a year, my last phone with an OLED screen was a GS5 which I used quite heavily for about 3 years, and until now while there is a clear slightly lighter bar where the status bar is the status icons themselves aren't really distinguishable. Maybe Sammy just gives their C grade stock to everyone else.

Need help after being sad for the A3.
>Stock android
>$250 max
>1080p+
>3-4GB ram
>At least 32GB storage doesn't matter if no SD Card, I barely even use half of the with my current phone.
>Headphone jack
>I am fine if it is Chink

Did both because curiosity, it is just software bug or something, flashed LOS anyways

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-175501_CPU-Z.png (1080x1920, 173K)

Reminder that there's no phone worth buying right now unless you're willing to spend $300+

Used / refurbished iPhone SE

This desu. Sitting on 250$ with nothing worth buying. Xiaomeme has betrayed us with the mi a3

Attached: work.png (387x290, 15K)

>Cortex
Damn it motherfucker you got me apologising over bootleg xiaomeme. Just get a redmene Note 7 if you really need a new phone, and get a real one this time

Should I buy this lil nigga? I know that 10 is coming out in a month, but that shit will prolly cost like a thousand euros.
Hell, even this one still holds quite the price, its 700 euros here without a plan

Attached: blue-web-combo-new_6.png (450x450, 148K)

>I know that 10 is coming out in a month
Then wait nigga, after it comes out the price will drop even further

I'd say yes. Where'd you find release date though? It's been delayed over and over again it feels

If you do, look around. You could at least get a 7 plus for that price or pay like $40 more and get an 8 for a couple more years of software support. Either way, get the battery replaced at the Apple store as soon as you buy it

Thoughts on the s10 plus or should I wait for the Note 10 to drop?

>Maybe Sammy just gives their C grade stock to everyone else.
Maybe. If it get's worse (and it probably will) then I might get a screen replacement - I'll see how things pan out.

Wait what exactly made you consider that my phone is bootleg, what is problem with cortex-a53?
>redmeme note 7
Big chin
Notch
Plastic build
>ik low price and all but no thanks

Xiaomeme uses snapdragons, cortex are aftermakert or some shit, dont remember really.

So it's just babying your OLED displays further, got it. I'm sure Android Q or something will have mandatory gestures or some garbage.

Seven hundred euros for exyshit? Why not get the OnePlus 7 Pro, it costs similar. Not even the anti OnePlus shills can debate that, fuck exynos.

Same CPU stated on GSMarena, phone was 150 eurobucks so aftermarket shit is expected. gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php

best note 7 colour Imo. hope it goes global.

Attached: 20190719_193908.jpg (444x720, 60K)

Cortex is a core found in the Snapdragons too, user. Not every SD core is a Kryo.

Redpill me on DC dimming for OLEDs, will it really reduce eye strain compared to PWM or is it placebo?