How long until clover is removed from f-droid?

f-droid.org/en/2019/07/16/statement.html
How long until clover is removed from f-droid?

Attached: froggy.png (804x566, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnunet.org/en/index.html
forum.f-droid.org/t/recent-events-on-the-forum/6724
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sad that f-droid started war on free speech.

only brainwashed normies will come to these conclusions. this is thought control and double think.

>Not using Clover Dev

Attached: 1561778079256.jpg (960x1280, 215K)

Our only defense against Totalitarians is to become Totalitarians.

Why is this generation so dumb. What happened to the hacktivists from 10 years ago? Where is the net neutrality, SOPA, free Kevin, and general free net people at?

The internet will soon be lost.

Fuck...goddamn it Fdroid. Overall theyre still a good place to go, but I really hope they don't fuck around with this.

I'm a Fdroid user and I'm really thankful I chose Fedilab - glad to see they are not blocking anyone or anything. Tusky behavior is abhorrent because it causes a faction war - the whole point of the Fediverse is people choosing which instances they wish to see or not see, not having fucking open source software hardcoding blocks until it's forked . Shit I've got some writing to do today...

Op doesn't need to stir the pot though, there is nothing about Jow Forums listed anywhere and I doubt that imageboards software will be affected. Still, time to object to Fdroid taking these kind of steps though- they shouldn't refuse to carry otherwise qualified FLOSS software because it connects or can connect to a site they disagree with. I hate all that Gab stands for ( including being a proprietary piece of shit that did one out of a million things less shitty by switching to a Fediverse compatible microblogging setup) but blocking software that includea their board isn't acceptable and opens the door to every other altrigt Nazi fuck claiming hypocrisy because something they don't like is supported

We might have to make a new one
A new net
new net
gnew net
gnewnet
GNUnet
gnunet.org/en/index.html
>GNUnet is typically run as an overlay network on top of the existing Internet infrastructure forming the basis of a hybrid peer-to-peer mesh and relay backbone for applications to run on.
>It could just as well be run independently of the Internet, over dedicated radio and cable.

We're still here. However we've been overshadowed by a loud bunch of idiots . A few of them are politically correct , but the vast majority bof the problem comes from pol-tard types given a breeding ground. They didn't realize when we said nigger and fag years ago we were just joking around, but eventually ( as in the Mark Twain quote - attributed to him , or IF Stone) actual assholes seriously believing in that nonsense showed up. It's amazing today how many of them support going against internet privacy, freedom etc...and the like if it makes them feel they can own the libs.

All what we see today is a reaction to that. Some is an inadvisable overreaction - like Fdroida decision , for fear if they don't they'll get pilloried by one side or the other. So it's up to us to try to stand against this. Hell, since we have social media has turned a lot of things to shit. Telling Fdroid we want them to remain neutral can be important as it means they have support, rather than angry people yelling from both sides

>we

I do agree with your post though.

what happened to using the .apk readily available on their github

Doesnt matter if isps and goverment decide its not legal.

Your best defense against idots like this is to ensure the free distribution of speech and information.

No matter you affiailation, be careful about what powers you want the government and corporations to have. Assume that it will always be abused and used against you. That executive order sounded great when your guy was in office but what happens when the other guy gets elected and can wield that power.

Based.

pretty much /thread.
People didn't change, just the focus shifted to retards screeching about muh deepstate of da jooz but this too shall pass.

>Telling Fdroid we want them to remain neutral can be important as it means they have support, rather than angry people yelling from both sides
it's all too late for that shit, user. they've made a clear decision on what side of history they'd like to be on. they've decided to go the fashionable route of being digital fascists. the only thing I can sincerely hope for to come out of this is fdroid shuts down and an alternative arrives to take its place.

>we were joking when we said fag and nigger

This belief is why Jow Forums is dead

Attached: 1551767105453.jpg (1077x1053, 90K)

Jfc

Don't you have some dilating and forking to do?
Go back to and stay there.

I don't think it's worth writing things off so soon.

First. Let's be honest here about the actual policy change being proposed. It's not that your software can't support certain sites, but rather it can't come with them prefilled by default. This is similar to how certain imageboard apps used to work on Google Play - like Overchan - where you had to add all the boards yourself. Conversely, the Fdroid version came with at least Jow Forums boards included and a list of other Chans.

Calling it too late and just going full REE will encourage them to just keep going this direction. Instead we need to respond favorably if they walk it back or change direction. It's not a huge policy at the moment so the best we can do is to get them to turn about before they are convinced to make things worse.

I could probably write a complaint right now and get it removed but I don't want to put in the effort.
It's very easy to make the case that Jow Forums and 8/pol/ (which clover gives access to) is worse than gab, with the christchurch shooter being from 8/pol/ and them actively celebrating the attack.
Someone else should do it though.

No boards from 8 are included in Clover via Fdroid and even here on 4 only certainworksafe boards are populated by default. The rest must be user added.

This wouldn't even make clover in violation of the new potential policy, not to mention that at the moment no imageboards qualify as "bad" sites by the proposed definition

>The rest must be user added.
Same with gab's app, which was just a fork of an existing mastodon app.
It doesn't matter.
>This wouldn't even make clover in violation of the new potential policy, not to mention that at the moment no imageboards qualify as "bad" sites by the proposed definition
lol
just lol

The app was a fork of Tusky to specific support Gab Fediverse instances . that's different from simply using regular Andstatus, Fedilab, or Tusky ( prior to making any stupid changes in the code itself to specifically block instances) and going there yourself.

Also all I said about boards is true of the latest clover on Fdroid. Also, even by the definition of hate site imageboards won't qualify because even if you felt that way about one particular board ( which would be wrong anyway ) all the other boards have little to do with it. The 3d modeling board here had little to no Pol level garbage for instance

Florens explicitly added support for 8ch.
It's not like all chans have the same code, it took some doing.
Therefor clover is explicitly supporting 8ch.
A website notorious for "racism, sexism, verbal abuse, violent nationalist propaganda, discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, antisemitism", etc. Literally every single box checked and more.
NOTORIOUS.
But it's OK since they have a board for some mundane shit?
Some retards on gab post about gardening, and they're banned.
Doesn't matter.
Explicit support for such a notorious site means it gets the ban hammer. :^)

>what's the paradox of tolerance

A very slippery slope.

>Waaaah why can't I advocate to kill a group of people based on arbitrary characteristics?!
Fuck off back to

holly strawman
Is this what brain damage looks like?

This is the shit that always comes up. It's always "hurr durr slippery slope" and it's poltards every time so fuck off to your echo chamber.

This line of reasoning by fdroid and others logically leads to all other areas. If these sites are judged as wrongthink by the loudest members of society then ISPs need to prevent anyone from accessing one of these sites no matter where it is hosted because their service allowing someone to access them would mean they effectively supporting the content.

This is exactly whats happening with Alex Jones and others. You basically get deep sixed by all tech companies for not aligning with screechers on Twitter.

Deleting something off of your own server which is your private property is not totalitarianism. But the internet was indeed fucked... 20 years ago when big money moved in.

The faction war was not started by tusky. I support their freedom to block any sites they want, it's their software.

I would not be offended if clover was removed. F-droid can use whatever content policy they want. But I doubt they will remove it as long as Clover doesn't suggest any boards and requires you to enter them in manually.

>But I doubt they will remove it as long as Clover doesn't suggest any boards and requires you to enter them in manually.
Fedilab was allowed to stay because the dev didn't do anything to add support for the "bad" sites.
Gab's app added support by removing the blocklist from the other app.
I would assume florens adding support for 8ch would be viewed in the same way by them.
I don't give a shit, but someone could easily make the argument and get it banned.

Gab's app was never submitted to f-droid. They didn't even bother.

a preemptive ban is still a ban

White nationalists just want peaceful separation
calm your panties

>but the vast majority bof the problem comes from pol-tard types
You are at best a fool and more likely a fraud.
The expansion of this new wave of "pol-tard types" has not occurred in a vacuum, and to single it out as the true problem is as idiotic as laying the blame for your recent decline in health at the foot of the zit growing on your cancerous tumor. Intent is irrelevant before results, and one of these groups has measurable sway in all corners of society while the other is near unanimously ignored and/or removed.
Rid your circles of the extreme left and the extreme right within them will die off on their own. They're called reactionaries for a reason.

Radical left creates radical right and vice versa

Trump is a reactionary response to the hard left the Obama admin ushered in. There will be an opposite and equal response to Trump.

These poltards are growing, if at all, mainly because the left is hell bent on giving them so much attention. How many normies even know what gab is? Shut up and let them circle jerk themselves into irrelevancy.

Who cares?
Dead app.
Use Kuroba.

me care

t.

Attached: 38d.png (485x443, 37K)

Cute froggy :3
Where did he come from?

from a trash PC some user picked up a while ago and the old owner drew it many years ago

> F-Droid is taking a political stance here.
> If people disagree with F-Droid’s decision not to flag Fedilab, a idea is to develop a decentralized tag system based on package IDs which allow third-party servers to share their own warnings with their community.
Alright Jow Forumsuys when?

this
i just don't want to be forced to deal with shitskins. it's not like i want to kill them all. is that so much to ask?

In english?

Go home pajeet

The faster we can WITHOUT BEING ASSHOLES express our viewpoint, the better. Support FDroid, suggest they don't change their policies because of things like this lest it start an "arms race" of people saying "but X is still there"

Gab coming to the Fediverse shouldn't mean a goddamn thing. They're welcome to use open source software, even if I disagree with them entirely on just about everything (save for this one thing about switching to mastodon). The Fediverse is about choice - people set up what instances they wish to follow or register upon, it may be "legal" for apps or whatnot to decide to blacklist one or another, but its against the spirit of the Fediverse. Just refuse to federate with them and leave them in their holding cell! Don't change your app (ie Tusky - fuck those guys for suggesting its a good idea to hardcode an opposition to it!), you're just giving them ammunition! Goddamn it...

>didn't even ban Fedilab

Attached: tn_1235245586270.jpg (600x491, 29K)

Brenton Tarrant did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1554177282411.png (570x290, 57K)

No, wait Op, it gets better
forum.f-droid.org/t/recent-events-on-the-forum/6724

>What was going on on the forum?
>A lot of discussions were started about F-Droid’s role in all this, what F-Droid should do and what F-Droid shouldn’t do. Some topics were misguided and inappropriate from the beginning, others turned vile after some time.

>What are the consequences?
>To protect the mental well-being of our moderators team who had to deal with all this we decided we don’t allow any discussions about our decisions regarding Gab or any discussions about Gab anymore - on any of our channels.

>For the forum this means we are hiding all topics about Gab. We will keep hiding and closing new topics that are created and if a user keeps creating topics about this even after an official warning their account will be closed.

>This is not censorship, but a protective measure.
>If you disagree with our guidelines regarding which apps are allowed or not allowed in our repository feel free to create your own repository.
>If you disagree with our guidelines regarding what kind of discussions we allow on our channels, feel free to host your own platform somewhere where you can post your stuff unmoderated.

>This whole discussion has nothing to do with free speech or free software
>Neither the right to free speech nor the freedoms provided by free software give you the right to spew hate speech on platforms that don’t want to host that kind of speech.

Attached: evil-gabers.png (1141x2342, 405K)

>To protect the mental well-being of our moderators team
absolute babies

it's almost like important platforms for communication and distribution shouldn't be privately owned

sure thing bud

>the US government should own facebook
please no

gov ownership != public ownership

on a semi-related note, I have a theory that the US gov. fucks really basic shit up intentionally.

Why not? It wouldn't change anything except where the money for facebook games and ads go.

>tfw government ownership of facebook would actually provide less information to the government because the government has to follow the law.

Fuck off Jow Forums

Fuck off /leftypol/

Fuck off, retard. Commies and cultural marxists are limiting freedom, they are the problem.

>government obeying the law
that would be pretty kino
>nazi conspiracy theories
kys lol

No, it's called reality, you utter retard.

we don't care, the reality you imagined for yourself doesn't exist outside Jow Forums

>we
>t. /leftypol/
Funny how commie faggots like you are immune to reality.
Don't worry, reality will take care of you once shit hits the fan.

Attached: 1502281096530.jpg (965x1233, 228K)

The date on the file was actually ~2009
t. the new owner of that PC

Attached: 2018-11-16 17.36.13.jpg (1331x998, 133K)

>>t. Jow Forums
fixed
return to your containment board immediately, cuck

Reminder that all organizations which are not explicitly and actively right wing will eventually become shitlib bootlicklers. There are no exceptions.

well to be honest, 2009 definitely is many years ago already

Attached: 1421869246937.png (344x326, 32K)

Attached: ironic.gif (356x200, 34K)

>WITHOUT BEING ASSHOLES
Totally arbitrary qualifier. Right now you're considered to be an asshole if you don't call Bruce Jenner a woman. In ten years you will be called a bigot for not fucking a tranny.

>is on Jow Forums
>hates freedom of speech
KILL ALL SUBHUMANS WHO DONT SUPPORT FREE SPEECH

>genocide isn't

>poltards
>not Jow Forums

Attached: trash.png (400x373, 116K)

>there are people who unironically celebrate undermining free speech
>they think it's ok because it's against natzees
>they're too stupid to see where this is going
Yeah I'm starting to see why older generations despise zoomers with burning passion.

A meme that's parroted by people who don't know anything else about Popper.

forcing a private company to host an application they don't want to host is not free speech

If I was Mr FDroid I would have also banned content which incites hateful behavior. If you give a platform to these people you are partly responsible for the deaths they cause, and I really wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that. That's also probably what made moot sell Jow Forums, you really have to be a ghoul to be able to sleep while facilitating violence, even hotwheels couldn't take owning 8ch. The current owners of these websites need to be psychopaths to keep them working.

Internet drama

Attached: (You).png (868x509, 604K)

You're not allowed to infringe on free speech under any circumstances, as government, corporation or individual. The government gave the companies free pass on managing their shit in exchange for a promise that they'll do it properly without government oversight. But clearly they don't hold their end of the deal, so that's gonna be revoked and upholding freedom of speech will be enforced, just like for everyone else.

a private company refusing to host something on their private property is not infringing on free speech

forcing a private utility company to supply power to people they don't want to is not free enterprise either, yet nobody except the most autistic libertarian retards cares about that for whatever reason. There's no reason that facebook, twitter, and other platforms which function - PRACTICALLY SPEAKING - as the public square, should be allowed to arbitrarily decide what ideas are or aren't allowed to be shared in the manner which is usual for that time in history. Visa, Mastercard, and Paypal are another more serious issue. They control the movement of billions of dollars every single day, and they can arbitrarily label anyone they want as a "high risk" user and ban them with absolutely no oversight. Why is it okay for a private company to exert more power than the government, but it's only immoral if the government does it?

What all free speech advocates have to remember is there is a difference between a publisher, and a platform. F-droid is choosing to identify itself as a publisher of free as in freedom software with a stance against "racism and anything that incites hate speech". What this means is any and all apps that violate this go against the image they're attempting to establish as a publisher and are therefore subject to removal.

There's quite literally nothing stopping someone from hosting their own site with their own MD5 integrity check, with their own download links for the app(s) they support.
>inb4 bootlicker REEE
I don't even know what this stupid fight is about and I literally only use f-droid for Clover.

the only reason those companies are big and monopolistic is because your government made it illegal for any other business to compete with them

So for you to care we need to get clover removed? :^)

That's a good point - Facebook, Twitter, Google, Paypal, Visa, Mastercard: none of these companies can really be considered private companies either. They all take government subsidies in one way or another and benefit materially from government intervention. Why shouldn't they be forced to adhere to the principle and spirit of the first amendment to the US Constitution?

they will recognize you as a false-flagging gabtard and ignore your complaints

no, I'm just saying I don't follow internet drama. And Clover's download button on F-droid disappeared a while ago for me so I was downloading from their main site to begin with. However I'm interested now. Who is Tusky? What apps are stopping people from doing something?

Unfortunately this is cope.
They should be marking Tusky as harmful software because it's a client that decides what you can connect to.

Selective application of rules, the heritage of "might makes right" ideology. Don't worry, we're working on it. Just like we start to jail people for racist tweets against white people, we will start to enforce those principles uniformly, too - eventually. Give it time.

Nice bait. You know full well it isn't possible to be racist against whites.

Europe thinks it's possible. And you socially outdated Americans will follow suit a century or two later.

I love how SJW cunts had to change the definition of racism to be allowed to be racist to Caucasian people.

Obvious joke but there really are millions of people that think this and are able to influence policy because their vote is worth as much as anyone else's. Based democracy!

Well you can always live in the military. Their social rules are absolutely based and they give no fucks about democracy.

>choosing to be a ZOGbot in the name of Israel
Good goy!!

Attached: 1562544826634.png (575x575, 567K)

I love how nazi cunts have to throw around terms like "cultural marxism" to excuse anyone who promotes racist policies, unless it's some big bad tranny SJW saying mean things about whites on twitter, then all of a sudden they are the world's most oppressed minority whose culture must be protected at all costs

Government fucks up absolutely everything it gets it's hands in.
The more it fucks up, the more tax money it gets.

Socialists are dumb as rocks.
We just need to abolish central banking and copyright laws.

>>nazi conspiracy theories
imagine being this brainwashed
What kind of retard things that anyone that disagrees with them is a nazi.

You're in a cult, do you understand?