Buy ryzen 3000

>buy ryzen 3000
>Use boards older than x570 and your CPU doesn't post because of terrible BIOS
>your idle CPU stays at 60°C with 1.4v voltage
>cannot be overclocked even with liquid nitrogen because AMJEWS locked it
>on half the node compared to Intel and still manages to be slower in single threaded performance.
>3600x isn't faster than 9600k, 3700x isn't faster than 9700k, 3900x isn't faster than 9900k
>Bbut my cores and extra threads
Tell me again why are people celebrating zen2?

Attached: ryzen2.jpg (678x452, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/amd/msi-max-motherboards-ryzen-3000-compatibility
youtu.be/oRaZ2Txv13M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>MSI to release new b450 and x470 boards so that ryzen 3000 can be supported on it.
Ohnononononono
pcgamesn.com/amd/msi-max-motherboards-ryzen-3000-compatibility

>buy i9-9900k
>forget to buy industrial chiller
>entire PC explodes in flames
>fire department can't help due to this being a flame they can't put out
>mfw half of city is on fire
>mfw can't douse it with water because intel decided to save 50 cents on their CPUs

>cannot be overclocked even with liquid nitrogen
Think of it the opposite way, it's already highly efficiently overclocked even on an air cooler.

Nice counter with meme retard.

They're just the old boards but with the new BIOS preinstalled so you don't have to flash them yourself.

Attached: 1562686136556.jpg (670x744, 503K)

Nice bait, my 3600 is working with b450 tomahawk.

I get my 3600 with ryzen master manual oc to 4300mhz all cores with 1.30v to idle at 28.5°c on desktop with ~22°c room temp. get a better cooler and use ryzen master to manual oc. I get more performance with less heat just by that. any boost the cpu comes with like pbo etc. is so fucking busted and broken I wouldn't be suprised if they can only fix it with the 4000 series next year.
>3900x isn't faster than 9900k
with manually overclocking each ccx individually in ryzen master yes it fucking is

nvm my serious reply. this is just another shill thread

Incorrect old boards only had 16MB memory for bios so MSI cannot release complete BIOS for it so newer Max boards have 32MB storage.
Things are so bad for 450/470 boards that MSI even dropped 3d bios and implemented black&white BIOS because all features cannot fit in 16mb.
All AMD shills will not let you know that.

>3600x isn't faster than 9600k, 3700x isn't faster than 9700k, 3900x isn't faster than 9900k

kind of idiot are you, and what the fuck kind of software are you running on your computer?

Which BIOS version you on lying faggot?
Go to MSI's forum hardly 10% can make it work and that too not completely.

Games wtf you talking about video editing?
If editing is all you want to sell to then good luck selling your CPUs to hundreds of people.

>asus releases pcie4 for non x570 boards
>AMD shuts them out and says they will revert pcie4 support in later updates
Yep this is the company Jow Forums wants to succeed.

>Jow Forums
You mean AMD shills

AMD hasn't reached 80% market share yet and they're far more jewier than Intel's 10 years of dominance

That is the mobo manufacturer's fault you retard.

>dumb decisions to cut costs by mobo manufacturer
>somehow this is AMD's fault

Attached: 2 int.png (296x367, 168K)

>Far more jewier than Intel.
Lol

Attached: intelaviv.jpg (600x392, 63K)

youtu.be/oRaZ2Txv13M

>AMD gives users option to run it on older motherboards
>users complain because they don't know how to flash their motherboard or they bought the motherboard without planning a way to update the bios
>blames AMD for user stupidity

It was probably a bugged POS

>cannot be overclocked even with liquid nitrogen because AMJEWS locked it
Someone explain this meme to me. When have AMD parts ever been locked?

Try at 65C with 1.5v voltage. I'm refunding my 3700x to overclockers. Going for 3600 hoping it will work fine.

It's been locked by the physical constants are our reality

Except it didn't actually work, it was merely a BIOS selection that erroneously made its way into a beta release. It wouldn't even boot when you set the graphics slot to PCIe 4. And that's what AMD are trying to avoid. Users being disappointed by unofficial features shoehorned or rather hacksawed into unsuitable hardware.

>Things are so bad for 450/470 boards that MSI even dropped 3d bios and implemented black&white BIOS because all features cannot fit in 16mb.
That's actually a good thing though because you'll be getting a more streamlined, simpler to use interface. The full BIOS is an ugly, frustrating ricer mess. I can't even begin to grasp what the fuck is going on in this thing.

Attached: MSI X470 Gaming Plus BIOS (1).jpg (1024x768, 189K)

I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to reset the MSI UEFI. I had to look it up on my phone and it's hidden behind like 3 menus

Don't forget motherboard vendors enabling PCI Express 4.0 on older motherboards, and AMJEWs threatening them to disable it

He didn't forget. It's written in your shilling manual after all.

If that's the case then the huge casual market should just buy Intel.

They already do.

any actual proof that the 9700k runs hotter than a 3700x?

>buy ryzen 3000
ok
>older boards dont boot
that's why you buy a board with bios update available without the need of a cpu
>cpu stays at 60 °C with 1.4v
because you're dumb, Ryzen 3000 idle voltage can go as down as 0.2v
>cannot be overclocked
yes you do and you wouldn't need to since its PBO works much better than manual overclock
>half the node compared to intel
half true, intel has higher transistor density than TSMC at the same node and clock for clock Ryzen 3000 is faster
People are celebrating Zen2 because you now have option which is miles better in every way than what intel can offer.
And we didn't even get to the HPDT CPUs.
Intel is dead.

why it not perform in games according to this test scores?

Because most games only benefit from four threads still and Intel CPUs have higher turbo clocks. Some people also claim that games and software are gimped in favor of Intel CPUs.

because I use an x570 mobo

>not buying this bad mofo
you had one job

Attached: 1024.png (1024x820, 865K)

>Paying $500 for creation x570
>Instead not paying $700 for godlike

Is it true intel processors are now BANNED in CS:GO tournaments?

Attached: CSGO.png (1018x562, 302K)

observable reality

No because monitors don't go past 240mhz and most pros already play at resolution less than 1080p.

Attached: GMan_Retard.jpg (500x500, 57K)

>responding to mass repliers

numbers are not and will never be real

>Some people also claim that games and software are gimped in favor of Intel CPUs.

I can't even tell what's satire and what's delusional AMDpajeets anymore

With 2080ti it can

>$500 3700x
huh, i just bought mine for $320

>tfw asus x470 has had bios update for weeks
>tfw don't have gimped VRM

Must suck being cucked by MSI

someone redpill me on this, I can't distinguish FUD form reality.

If I want to get a zen2 and a tomahawk b450, should I wait or not?

I just completed a brand new build, my 3600 idles at around 40 which isn't ideal but my case is definitely not known for good cooling and everything is stock so whatever.

Also got it to boot on a B450 tomahawk after about half an hour, just flash the bios lmao

Wait just wait.
Go to MSI forums or r/msi_gaming and just read horror stories. Hardly 20-40% people are getting their CPUs to work.

All msi boards before x570 have problems.

I got a b450 tomahawk and was able to flash the BIOS just fine. Installed the cpu and everything runs fine

Wowzers, as coping strategies go thats way out there kiddo.
Go drink some Onions and cry intcel

Which CPU user?

so MSI messed up again? wow how unexpected
gigabyte makes better BIOS than MSI now, what a timeline

3600. My voltage is sitting around 1.4 or so though, but apparently that's due to monitoring software. Idle temp is like 45 or all

>let me prove to you something by not showing anything at all
how about you link it?

my 1600x shows me 1.544 all the time
it sits at 30C though

Attached: 25126436435634.jpg (955x1291, 273K)

Asus doesn't have this problem

r/msi_gaming

Don't be a kissass for a greedy corporate.

Problem is not flashing, problem is posting because many people cannot even run their machines.
>Inb4 install BIOS
Tomahawk has USB flashback bios so no one has problem installing, it is MSI who is not able to fix it.
>voltage sitting at 1.4V
That is true and not software's fault, you have to disable Precision boost overclock which is causing this problem.

msi, and? who else? msi having problems is msi having problems
show me proof everyone else got same problems.

True but their b450 boards aren't that good compared to MSI boards.
Asus aura sync is fucked up though and hardly works.
t. Strix GPU owner who cannot disable/change RGB

so PBO going full blown on VRMs? isn't it the same with zen+? why is everyone complaining then?

MSI b450/470 are hit worst if you want you can go with gigabyte or asus but their boards aren't that competitive compared to MSI atleast for b450.

That's VID, not vcore or vrout.

AMD said they improved pbo and called it pbo2 or something and still it is heating up at idle settings.
Read further maybe they can fix it with future updates.

playing at 1080p is illegal, counter strike is a 640x480 game.

I have x370 gaming 5, nobody complained about these things on new CPUs with gigabyte bios. I do remember how everyone complained about MSI messing something up even with zen1 though.
I'm waiting for 3600x to arrive.

Attached: 547567456456.jpg (955x1291, 232K)

Gigabyte don't have bios flashback b450 boards

>buying new things
cringe

Attached: HaveAGoldStar.png (882x624, 27K)

>AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor
>Hyper-Threading Technology
The absolute state of MSI

>no 10GBe port
>only 2.5GBe
NOPE

how do I make bios screenshots?

maybe because B550 aren't out yet? basically MSI tacked on x470/570 bios on B450 boards and something went wrong

No it is because gigabyte cheap out on simple features like VRM and usb flashback. They are still not bad to go because MSI will take some to fix or may never because they are bringing refresh 450/470 boards with bigger 32mb BIOS

It's just retards from MSI not being able to make a non bloated version of BIOS to fit into the 16mb of UEFI memory, so now they release MAX versions which are basically same boards with 32mb of memory and v19 bios update lol, fuck them, I am waiting for a new, stable version of bios for my tomahawk before flashing
also
>This being AMD's faul
Weak bait you shitposting faggot, stop incinerating r/AMD posters here, they and incel shills are the worst thing that happened to this board
I like what AMD did for the competition tho, thanks to ryzen I an eastern european poorfag can afford myself a new gen pc because intel here is an arm and an leg.