Aesthetically pleasing

>aesthetically pleasing
>doesn't look like an alien spaceship

Tell me why I shouldn't buy this

Attached: download (3).jpg (2400x1800, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC37V8ik6U_8Fek0f1_dJRgg/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It gets hot

>RAZER

just buy a macbook you damn manchild

Shitty Linux support.

I would have never believed razer makes a good laptop, but after trying a few different options I bought a late 2016 model with a 1060. Still use it every day. Easily the best laptop I've ever owned, and because of that experience I recently replaced my wife's macbook with a blade stealth that she loves.

Why not the matebook?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

got the 1060 for 1400 euros, it's really good for that price and battery lasts many hours with little undervolting and deinstalling bloatware

WSL makes linux redundant

Can't viddy

if not for the tribal gamer swastika it would be perfect for a portable video editing/daw/lan party machine. i own two msi laptops so i already have no shame but i still really only recommend the ones that look like they're normal

You could always get a dblade skin for it

Attached: dblade matte black.jpg (2058x1062, 236K)

WSL is shit. You would know if you weren't a /v/irgin

>Tell me why I shouldn't buy this
It's Razer and I see a green light on a keyboard.

That laptop is too thin, no thanks

Legion y530 with 1050.

Sorry freetard, WSL 2.0 is coming and there’s nothing you can do about it

I got the 1060 version (1070 wasn’t available where I am) and so far it’s good but, sometimes it doesn’t recognize headphone jack, speakers are beyond dogshit and I still miss my mid 2012 retina screen in media consumption.

WSL 2 is literally the entire Linux kernel being loaded since the windows kernel is hot garbage.

heats up terribly, fan is extremely loud

Anyone who has ever owned razer product would know why - the quality is beyond shit. This is as chinkshit as it gets.

Not OP but why is it so hard to find a decent laptop with a 1050 at most that doesn't look like edgy gamer trash?

Do you have to have mated to buy one?

XPS 15

Huh, I didn't know they had dedicated graphics cards, will check it out.
Do they overheat like Razershit though?

because the x1 extreme exists

because only gaymers need 1050 in their laptops. Laptop is a portable machine which is focused on mobility and battery life. If you need a portable gpu powerhouse - there are professional laptops from dell and lenovo with p2000 and shit.
So just grow up and have sex

Haven't had any problems yet

>razer
kill yourself

>x1 extreme exists
terrible battery life, terrible overheating, shitty screens.
Let's be honest here, if it wasn't for absolutely no quality control at dell, xps15 would be miles ahead of x1

>1050
>portable gpu powerhouse
What the fuck are you on about?

Thanks.

Yes. Mine throttles in every single game after a while, even Overwatch.

You also can't play anything more intensive than e-sports tier games at high settings (even when no throttling), even Guild Wars 2 struggles.

I have repasted and undervolted and done all the thermal management hacks.

It's honestly got great for games, and it's not really built for them

Well, thanks for the info. I just need the dedicated GPU for my autistic mpv config, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue hopefully.

Discreet aesthetics play a huge role in my laptop buying decision...i don't want to look like a total douche in public.

That is a good looking and discreet laptop but i do hope you can turn the razer symbol rgb off.

All thin laptops will have overheating issues because of physical limitations. The only thin gaming laptop with great thermals is the Zehphyr S but that one looks like gamer shit

>if the xps15 wasn't such shit, it would be miles ahead of the x1
sure, but they are shit. what's your point?

also, the battery life and screen is perfectly fine, it gets hot when I play games for a long time but it doesn't throttle

>just bought the new Alienware m15
>mfw

Fuck macbook rip off shit. I want a spaceship looking laptop

Attached: 1466111504927.gif (167x170, 1.32M)

*Not great for games

My point is that x1 is far from being good. Even with all qc issues dells are selling more and if they actually worked out their qc, their laptops would be miles ahead of lenovo.
>the battery life and screen is perfectly fine
kek

the fact that it took companies this long to realize the majority of people who like to be able to play games on their laptops don't want the whole world to know they own a gaming laptop amazes me.

>they're selling more and therefore they are better
well that settles it, OP should buy a macbook

This is literally the reason I got my ROG Gu501G

Great graphics, great processor, it doesn't get hot, slim
I have a chill pad just to have a softer surface for when its on my lap and both things comfortably fit into a computer bag no problemo

Attached: ROG_PC_Image.jpg (1000x679, 98K)

Me setting out my alienware mothership RGB monstrosity in front of all the feeble and thin macbooks and xps's in the conference room is the equivalent of me putting my balls on their faces, especially given the fact that I'm the executive PA. I make sure to turn up fans to maximum to drown out the voices of the weak, and I make sure to look them in the eye when telling them to speak up; these niggers who think their strong and long handshakes are a dominance shittest always leave humbled.

They are objectively better in everything other than qc.
Best screen on the market - way better than lenovo's acer tier shit
Way better battery life. X1e shouldn't even be compared to it since it has an objectively shitty battery life.
Better thermals, thus better performance with the same hardware - confirmed by multiple tests.
Better materials.
The only thing wrong with xps is worst quality control in the industry, which no doubt is a huge issue. Still, it shows that lenovo has a long way to go with. x1e and p1 are far from perfect.

>8750h
>1070
>16gb RAM, upgradable to 64gb
>256gb M.2 + 1tb HDD
>Best in class cooling and sound
>144hz G-Sync display
>Loads of ports
>Very light for its size
>~1200$

Helios 500 PH517-51 is the only "good" gaming laptop.

Attached: 146839-laptops-review-acer-predator-helios-500-review-a-chunky-monster-of-a-gaming-laptop-image2-qoq (970x646, 80K)

You failed the rubric user

>doesn't look like an alien spaceship

>shit terminal emulators with all kinds of quirks even shittier than on linux
>no FUSE thereby no other filesystems than windows ones + SMBshit
>no graphical software outside of using hacky slow 3rdparty X11 implementation

WSL dev on github even stated in january that they have no plans for sshfs mounts signaling that microsoft does not really want windows being interoperable with linux/macos file systems (which would make using windows utterly unnecessary for smaller organization network storage needs)

WSL is basically glorified SSH client. it's a fucking meme.

Ayy

I've got the i9 8950 model. Payed 1600 for it at microcenter. Running twin 970 pro M.2's in raid 0 as a boot drive and have a 4tb HDD as storage. Also installed 64gb of ram because I could.

Attached: IMG_1008.jpg (5344x3008, 838K)

I would buy this if it just didn't look so gay.

Did you mean to post that?
youtube.com/channel/UC37V8ik6U_8Fek0f1_dJRgg/videos

>not 8K OLED
Just wait

>no ext4 support
Hard yawn

cringe channel faggot
>>>/reddit/

You ever wonder why all these people freak out about 40 FPS frame drops for one second every 10 minutes when they use windows 10, which randomly stutters and creaks like an old maiden as it struggles to send your information to tel aviv while performing the work you ask of it?

There’s your answer. It’s expensive and you only get windows 10 out of it. Faster processors and graphics are not a solution to windows “dropping frames”. You could have a 3900x and one morning you’ll click control panel and it’ll lag for a bit before you can start.

Mental gymnastics for a glued together windows machine that is just as expensive as a MacBook that offers an infinitely smoother experience.

buy a used thinkpad for 100 bucks and put the money in the bank. If you already got a decent amount on your savings account, start buying money trees (diversified bonds). If you are very rich, please consider donating the money to charity

i have this too, does yours have crazy coil whine or is it just me.. also I'm having that annoying sound driver issue that rolling back and bios flashes won't fix.

mines the gx501, so its the one with the touchpad and keyboard up front, kinda weird to get used to but i've never had any performance issues, just minor annoyances

Gaymer tax

They're known for having high failure rates, thermal throttling, and high prices for the power simultaneously. Yet they are arguably "the best" laptops for a certain use case.

I don't understand the point of WSL when Hyper-V is bundled with the operating system as well. Why would I want to learn a bunch of WSL quirks when I can just run... linux... in a VM... which is how the vast majority of linux servers get run? Windows already had a more standard, robust, and fully featured solution built into their pro operating systems since Windows 8?

It just seems like glorified cygwin. I guess it's nice for like ultrabooks to save on battery life and cpu cycles? Maybe? On a desktop trying to use WSL over a VM seems like making work for yourself for no reason.

Specs aside, what are some of the best build Windows laptops released within the last couple of years?

Zero QC

lol i expect nothing less from Jow Forums. you want to buy up to date tech, or talk about it on this technology board? buy a $100 thinkpad instead. We need a /gr/ board, like retro videogames has. we'd lose 95% of the board, nothing of value lost.

dont get caught up in mindless consumerism

Like "oh shit microsoft, I can't wait to use a limited amount of cut down distros. My dick is going to explode WSL is so amazing!"

I mean it's pretty well integrated with the NTFS file system to the point you can literally edit /etc/ files from within your Windows C drive... and it's built into the terminal... so I guess the point of it is basically you can just open a file up on your C drive in vi or grep it or whatever.

I'm the original poster of the pic
No, i haven't had any issues such as coil whine or any sound driver issue.

You haven't installed something "curious" to fuck your drivers up? As far as the whine, I usually don't use my lappy for gaming, just occasional instances where I need some gaming on the go so my fans aren't used too often

That just looks soooo cool...