Android Tablet Apps

who here uses an (android) tablet?
what apps do you use? what do you use the tablet for? share interesting apps for tablet use.

Attached: 1549080975546.jpg (688x619, 59K)

Android tablets are fucking shit just get an iPad Pro

>tablet
*oversized phone

what app to use for reading pirated manga?

i fell for the amazon fire meme
its horrible

call it what you will, the question stands.

can't even be called an android tablet. it's more of a shit tier crippled toy.

>phone
underdeveloped tablet

Can you flash lineageos on it?

Phones can make calls.

my LTE tablet can too

Galaxy S3

end up rarely ever using it. AMOLED screen is AMAZING for watching videos though

Android apps are unironically shit spyware.

So many permissions you grant these apps.

iOS apps you basically grant them only the needed permissions, it’s not like they need access to your photos.

I used to have a Galaxy S3 quite a few years ago, wonder how well it holds up today

Will Android tablets around 10" ever be good again?
I switched to an iPad pro 10.5 for mangoes when it came out and I've been pretty happy with it, but looking at the market for a similar tablet it seems like the Android market is just gone now unless you want to buy samshit.

What happened? I get that they're nicher as phones still become giant but these were the best devices for reading comics and mangoes.

Teaching my grandparents how to use the internet. And reading books if you count my Kobo.

unironically this

Mipad 4 here, touch latency is horrible, fixed only trough custom ROM. I almost use the same apps from my phone.

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Manga reading, shitty gacha game playing and general web browsing. I really should get some emulators running though.

Nigger the only use tablet has is watching Netflix or YouTube in bed.
Only a retard buys an iToddler device for that

Yes. I recommend doing it immediately after purchase, Amazon's stock firmware is absolute balls.
For a £30 tablet it's not bad though.

You can do a decent amount of work on an iPad Pro, no chance of that on Android.

I use a Fire 8 HD. Just use for Jow Forums and reading books. There is nothing good for it, almost everything is a streched app from android phones.

Netflix
Xodo (PDFs)
Bamboo Paper
Telegram
Memrise
Firefox
Gmail
Pandora

Better question; whats a reasonalby priced tablet to get that will function longterm?

got a lenovo tab 4 for too much money, and now i'm on the phone with an indian/chink lady to get a warranty replacement because the thing outright died. and i bought it withou reading the specs for some ungodly reason and it's 768p, so you can just kill me already.

If you use VNC and linux you can use it as an actual second monitor with page turning. it's pretty nice.
VNC quality's not always great, but it's good enough to read mangos on.

VLC
Netflix
Amazon Prime Video

Literally I just use the tablet as a video watcher for commute.

Same. I've had a 10" tablet for some years now. I only use it as a media consumption device, basically a thin movable TV.

ahem
(T420 stronk)

Attached: IMG_20190627_193315905.jpg (3120x4160, 1.22M)

You can just download aurora store (yalp fork) + microg on a fire hd tablet and you've basically got play store.

Tachiyomi

Very stronk, and thicc

@71953652
>lagPad

Attached: 1544595824035.png (1536x2048, 256K)

Alright Jow Forums, i got my hands on a galaxy tab 4 and 5th generation fire tablet. Both fresh outta their boxes. The fuck do i do with em?

put a VNC server on em and use them as a vertical monitor with you laptop

>server
client*

Did i mention the most tech experience i have is cfw-ing a psp?

Manga Rock

Posting on your pic related. Use it for the typical stuff. Kuroba, Termux, ebookdroid, vnc, Ankidroid, VLC, SNES9x.
Strangely enough I find it very relaxing to program on. Just kock back on the couch, fire up termux, ssh into my desktop and fire up VIM. Something about the tablet focuses my attention.

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-025500.jpg (1600x2560, 1.05M)

Moon+ Reader for ebooks and mpv for anime. I have a Nexus 9, which is shit and a waste of money. Next time I'd go for the Samsung Tab A 10" 1920x1200, saw that on Ebay for $100. Got my Nexus (32GB) for $120, great deal but fuck it doesn't have enough RAM and everything else is worse than the specs suggest, especially the screen and the sound.

Browsing this thread on a Fire 8. Use it to browse, read, shop and vidya. For $50 or less on sale, pretty good.

You do have to install a few APK files and then the playstore to get a reasonable set of apps.

> Xodo

Lithium for epubs

FX for file maintenance

Funny how in the beginning of this technology tablets were cheaper alternative to overpriced smartphones and now is the opposite.

So basically things anyone on g should know by default
Op is a fag

S5e

This