Can Linus TechTips be trusted?

Is this guy a good reviewer?

Attached: ltt.jpg (1062x1072, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's not perfect but he knows his shit, has actual industry experience, and has proven that he's not afraid to take a huge steaming dump on every major company that deserves it, including direct sponsors. So despite the size of his channel and audience I'd say he's pretty good.

>industry experience
he was a fucking salesman

Still counts as experience.

1. He has earings, so I always thought he was gay.

2. Then he showed his daughter on camera, wtf. She's a gook? He must have adopted her.

3. Holy shit he fucked an ugly asian woman.

4. His voice is too flamboyant, and his video intros are literally rainbow gay.

5. Making videos about tech shit all day would make me want to blow my brains out.

Nah he suck de butto

He tries to be fairly neutral, but yea he'll shit all over something he doesn't like and tell you why.

Some videos are sponsored and he marks those different from those that are reviews, and usually sneaks in a hinis2.Jow Forums.org/g/1563563158498.pngt of real opinion even in the sponsored ones. They do a fair bit of run down comparisons too like top end air vs aio, etc.

I think his level of mouse and keyboard pickiness lends a bit to his credibility and despite making stupidly priced PCs a lot he has given some decent advice to the broke kids on how to make a dollar go far if you are building on budget from when he was a broke retail dude too.

Sorry sounding shill here, but I do find him funny as someone that works for a soulsucking company their work environment and joking looks like a wet dream to me..

he made linux all by himself so he is credible imo

Most tech reviewers are just former salesmen who discovered they can make shekels off Jewtube reviewing

Linus was a former NCIX salesman
Bitwit and Paul's Hardware were former Newegg online sales rep
GamersNexus and Jayz2cents worked for Dell
HardwareCanucks worked in Bestbuy

Beside pushing Tunnel Bear I've never known him to shill for a product. He doesn't lie for money. If he says something it's because he believes it. That said I only watch his "explained as fast as possible" segments. I don't sub or follow him in anyway.

that's why I mainly stick to Wendell

Attached: 1559108988272.jpg (1920x1069, 106K)

He cute

He's an entertainer first and foremost
If you're looking for entry level, but real, reviews you should watch GN

is it gay to want to cum in linus?

He's more entertaining to watch than anything.

Attached: FB_IMG_1563430674187.jpg (640x1373, 47K)

good first look. if you cared enough to buy a product you'll follow more than one reviewer

his techquickie videos are useful tho

Has he ever said a single Tech Tip? He puts out reviews, but not tips. How come?

He's made it abundantly clear that he will shill for just about anything and is unapologetic about it. If you want to get a look at what a product does he's fine, but I wouldn't trust him at all as far as reviews go.

he was a painter, then became a wageslave at ncix.

I generally like his reviews and find them fair and informative. I also don't detect shilling (meaning: he gets deals "under the table") but i could be wrong...

Any video with the worth "showcase" in it was 100% bought and paid for. He doesn't try to hide that.

OK but as you say he doesn't hide it, he is transparent about it. But his reviews seem serious.

6. He has sterilized himself.

shill of the highest order, if he is giving an 'honest' review of some (((product))) then he will subtly advertise something else in his video. His whole business is just an advertising company, which makes any so called reviews either bias or outright fake

Eh, there's also the fact that he gets a lot of stuff for free and doesn't really disclose it
Ever wonder why all of his builds use ASUS boards with Corsair power supplies?

he's a chink-fucking omega loser

>trusting a salesman
People can't be this naive right?

Enter the sheeple

Attached: 5D6AEF35-1A2A-4C65-A2DE-BE87E5AAD52E.jpg (1200x570, 72K)

The tips are usually more inside other videos.

Like he has recommended if you are on a budget trying to snag a good deal on a used GPU locally, but never doing that for storage. Basically saying if you save as much as your most expensive part buying second hand then if something breaks you have budget left over to replace it and get better performance.

Not using antistatic bags as a work surface since you never know if both sides are antistatic. Testing shit outside the case before you have it assembled and closed up etc. Its basic stuff but a lot of first time builders watching his channel could use the advice.

He clearly labels sponsors, only really sells his one water bottles and shit, and openly craps on tons of products including from brands that pay him. Shat all over that razer mouse that always breaks, shits all over apple even with a good bit of apple fan base following him, shat on a laptop he had to beg to be allowed to import when it turned out less than desired, etc.

Dude is a youtube business on a level most youtuber's aren't in terms of chucking merch and getting paid, but he fairly openly takes shots at stupid shit companies on anything from naming to TDP. Recommending Nvidia for performance in the past while also mentioning how big of price gouging dicks they are. Not ever salesman is a dirt bag, some like you to comeback and buy again.

Nope but pic related gets it.

Attached: big guy dreaming on Haïku's port for ARM.jpg (1101x948, 68K)

>White
Absolutely not.
History shows us this.

I think Linus is good too. Though yes anything with Anthony in it is generally going to have a really detailed, researched, and quality explanation.

I miss Chris Pirillo

the best

>6. He has sterilized himself.
He loves creampieing in that sweet chink pussy.

>Linus isn't ga-

Attached: 1559618138388.jpg (1920x1080, 167K)

> 6. He has sterilized himself.
Citation needed

I saw this on one of his videos. He claimed that you should pay more for RGB on a keyboard.

What the fuck?
Does he not know how to touch type?

Attached: what.png (1198x674, 592K)

what's he doing these days? is that level 1 still alive?
the breakup of tek syndicate was quite a shitshow I'm not sure if any of them recovered

No, he has got the reviewer disease.
He is so deep into the shit all of his talking points are basically checkboxes far removed from the realities of the actual consumer.

Like who the fuck cares if the bezels are sexy or not.

Yes and he reviews consumer gear. If you want a Linux tutorial look elsewhere. Hes outgrown his initial computer parts explainers and has a separate but basic as fuck channel for that now

i get to a job at computer repair shop
based only on his videos
bless him

RGB is a running joke on the channel about it making you better at headshots or making ram faster.

Manjaro best everything bad -Anthony, the guy that knows nothing about Linux

he was rejected from art college, sadly

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1185x867, 186K)

H N N N N N N N N G

He's a cunt.

>good
No
>trusted
Unless the video is sponsored via hardware and includes said hardware, sure the info is just often common knowledge or very low level

so linus = hitler???

>art school
so he's a closet queer failure, just like Hitler?

Adolf TechTips

Attached: shill.jpg (300x300, 81K)

Why did he make his employee take this photo?

Of course, he made Linux after all so he probably knows his shit

is this why he has such a high voice?

Why does this pug have taint are his eyes?

He has a rat face...so no

wendell is doing fine. the beardo faggot, not so much

Nobody who gets shit for free from these companies can be trusted.

go back to your eceleb shilling containment board
kys

no

what happened to Russian cowboy?

based

>saving this picture

does anyone know the source on those socks?

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

no.

He's very publicly said he got a vasectomy

I think is their merch too, the socks, the sandals and the briefs.

>e-celeb
Kill yourself you dumb nigger.

>Put Lego-like parts together
>install Windows
>Run a few programs
>Think that is a good review
If there is anything more serious, this leaf brings in other people. I haven't seen him hold a soldering gun together,
I've never seen him try and fix something, they merely swap it out.
>Unfortunately, this device has last gen's CPU...
As if that is relevant. My 4970k exceeds a shitton of new new CPUs. Heck, the Core2Quad is better than some 9th gen i3s!

The trouble that I've had the most with smartphones is the antenna response time while on the go. On my OnePlus 1, while I was in transit and jumping antennas, I would lose my link, while all of that year's iPhones had no issues. This motherfucker has NEVER had a real-life text like that!
>Screen this
>Benchmark that
>And now, a word from our sponsors!

Attached: Tom Clancys Splinter Cell.jpg (435x690, 80K)

>Heck, the Core2Quad is better than some 9th gen i3s
I legit want to see this, you'd better not be memeing with a top end C2Q overclocked to shit against a bargain bin ULV i3.

Another day, another thread advertising this dickhead, clearly in breach of board rules.
WHY DO THE MODS PERSIST IN ALLOWING THIS?
Are they being paid to let these threads go?

Attached: 1561919955778.jpg (475x426, 69K)

whoa man go back to Jow Forums holy shit

What ever happened to Wendel and that one fag? I think his name was Logan. Been out of the loop for years on these fly by night tech review people.

iirc Linus mentioned during some WAN show that he was fired, but didn't go into more detail

Damn, he was quite entertaining. The one I dislike most is overly energetic glasses man.

What the fuck happened to this board. I gonna lose it if I see another god damn Linus thread.

I really only watch the wan show. Crapyard wars and whatever else is just assemblying another computer, like how many times can you make a video about putting ram, cpu, cooling, a video card, storage on a motherboard and the motherboard into a case and connecting it with power.
Also his reviews are not really reviews, they just read the product brochure and maybe show some benchmarks they found online. It was really telling when he got maximum asshurt during the last wan show, because some viewers couldn't see the difference between paid content and their reviews.

Attached: 1563402391066.jpg (600x600, 91K)

He has pretty much defended his shilling with "I have employees to pay, I'm a medium-sized company now" shtick.

Nothing but paid advertising. Also, he is an annoying faggot

gaymen computers and products are difficult to review. Oh the bar is longer, must be gooder.

Maybe he is, but we'll never get to know because advertisements are what he's asked to do.

well the guy has a good track record of shitting on intel, nvidia, and amd over the past few years. i've watched a ton of his stuff and he's consistent on his style.

Jow Forums is just super tsundere for him.
He's like the popular person they got a secret crush on.

Paid shill that barely knows the shit he's talking about.
Before he took his shill role he was at the very best, incompentant in regards to his knoweldge.
Now he shills broken and downright malware ridden products at times

There is a screenshot posted somewhere here, I have it saved, just gotta find it, I shit you not!

I wpild trust a former sales persons experience in this matter more then some engineer shill.

I'm sure it'll emerge any minute now.

He makes Jow Forums seethe. So naturally, I like him.

>all these /v/irgins saying they watch LTT and outing themselves

The state of this fucking board. Dollar shave club must live in your heads rent free.

Attached: LinusMediaGroupIncorporateFans.png (1279x720, 877K)

What about explaining computers dot com?

Attached: 1546062300203.png (250x250, 107K)

He created his own kernel

Why yes, I did invent Linux. How could you tell?

Attached: 1.jpg (1200x1800, 250K)

>secret
I'm very open about my homo-lust for Lnisu.

Attached: 2.jpg (1200x1800, 302K)

fuck I can't type

Attached: 3.jpg (1800x1800, 380K)

Attached: 4.jpg (1200x1800, 394K)

fuck, I have a new internet celebrity crush

Attached: 5.jpg (1200x1800, 349K)

>new
gtfo newfag

Attached: 6.jpg (1200x1800, 147K)

post everything you have, seriously
is there any pic where his bulge is showing the most?

Attached: 7.jpg (1800x1200, 360K)