Why are AIO Watercoolers a thing?

Why are AIO Watercoolers a thing?

For Enthusiast, go with an custom water loop, for anyone else, get a god damn FAN that fits your needs...

AIOs,
- can have a pump fail
- are using more space then an air cooler
- have almost the same annoying installment procedure as the biggest consumer Air Cooler
- Are cost inneficient
- 5%< better heat reduction as an air cooler on its peak.
+ Has a lot of gay RGB on it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bequiet.com/de/casefans/1624
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not using the nh-d15s

Attached: 1387E93D-9C88-4B98-8560-3574670AE610.jpg (2815x3485, 2.21M)

Is that the Meshify? I'm very close to getting one along with a D15s

Its just a meme cooler.
Yes, it has the best performance but for (currently) 30$ less you get almost the same in black with 1-3% worse performance...

The dark rock pro 4 is the same price as the d15

define mini c

it’s good

Not in my country

Attached: Unbenannt.png (1363x197, 39K)

I currently use a Scythe Fuma 2.
It's cheap and it works very well.
Maybe hasn't the quiest fans

Attached: e5fddef888.jpg (200x150, 20K)

>AIO
The AIO is low-profile which helps the airflow in the case.
With a heat-block, air comes in and gets interrupted by this massive skyscraper in between the intake and the exhaust.
Also, the heatblock doesn't remove heat from the case, it just takes heat from the CPU and spreads it the fuck around. No heat ever leaves the case by means of the CPU cooler, it just gets dissipated within in the interior -- and hopefully your case fan can do the work of lowering the ambient temperature inside of the case.

The AIO carries heat directly up to the top-radiator (only place you should ever mount it, side-exhaust radiators and top-intakes are the most retarded things you can do) where it immediately leaves the case.
Also, the point-of-contact between the CPU lid and the heat spreader plate off the AIO doesn't get as hot. In a heatblock, the bottom of the unit gets super hot and the heat travels up -- but it can't ever become as super-hot as the bottom of the heatblock, so most of isn't holding any heat and only working to draw a little bit of heat higher up (super inefficient).
In the AIO, the cooling solution is actively applied to the point-of-contact so it the temperature in that area averages lower.

Lastly, the AIO puts less flex on the board (amazing that chink engineering doesn't let the heatsinks snap off the board) which is nice too, oh and also last thing is that they don't cover the RAM slots like some heatblocks do. Oh -oh and also the AIOs are good for small builds without room for a heat block.

The benefits of a heat-block is that it's a simpler (thus more reliable) technology, works passively under low-load whereas the AIO must be active at all times. They're both good, and personally I like the look of a big heap of iron (Al) sticking out of the case like a big-dong coming out of your 12 core Ryzen CPU like this guy.

Attached: MOBO POMF.jpg (684x626, 345K)

Your arguments are right but...
If you are worried about the heat in your case, you do something wrong... or something very different then everyone else.

If you don't loop up the specs of an big ass cooler, your fault. Every brand gives out the specific cooler hight for RAM. BeQuiet has already made a software for that...

If you want to make an watercooled build, then don't blame the real custom loops for their budgets and efforts, the AIO once are just her to fill a gab for people who are more interested in cheap looks, 0 effort and RGBs... Technology follows design these days. It's disgusting.

largely due to smaller case sizes but the want/need for power

personally, If I had the money, I would get a monoblock motherboard, along with gpu, quick connects, and pump the water out of my room to an adjacent room used for storage, you know, some place that doesn't exactly get hot but has nothing that generates heat of its own either. possibly even pump it into a fish tank that I can dump some ice into every couple of hours when I do something intensive. water cooling is fucking fantastic for its heat absorption and ability to rapidly transfer heat, but outside of form factor reasons there is never a compelling reason to use water over air in a case when it comes to an aio.

You should look up the LinusTechTips video of Kyle testing cable management and blocking airflow to the extremes.

I'll tell you right away. If having rags and boxes stop the air only changes board and idle temps by a few C, none of that shit matters. You could have a wall of cables in the front of a case and it doesnt change anything.

>kyle
Luke, whatever I dont care about e-celebs

>markdown spacing
>taking LTT that seriously
Maybe stick to posting about how "toxic" Jow Forums is on Jow Forumspcgaming. homo?

>none of that shit matters
>"just turn the ceiling fan on the 2nd floor and you'll feel it just as well from the basement"
Jesus, I hope for your sake that you're baiting or something.
You'd have to be a real-life mental midget otherwise.

>coolers are only about performance
noctua's mounting system is way better, they have elder god-tier future socket support and the D15 uses fan mounting clips that you can actually remove by hand - something the Dark Rock lacks for reasons that boggle the mind. D15 also has a much better warranty. Yes, the Noctua is hideous, but it's quite a lot better. I wish they would hurry the fuck up and release the chromax blacked.com version of it already, or at least just bundle it with the black fans that they already sell.
the BQ isn't bad, but it absolutely is not the full package that the Noctua is.

Attached: 1562202119634.jpg (1536x2048, 442K)

not that user but why are you so assblasted?
is right

Samefagging now too, how autistic are you?

pathetic

They cater to three main demographics
>People who want a cooler that is decent performing but are willing to accept worse performance per dollar and longevity for better aesthetics and motherboard clearance
>Retards who don't do research and think that it's liquid so it must be better than air / people who buy prebuilt gay men machines and see that it's liquid cooled
>People who want better performance than air cooling and willing to spend considerably more than an air cooler, but not as much as a custom loop, they also don't want to do the installation and maintenance of a custom loop
Personally I will never buy or use one, they're a very shitty middle ground imo, but I understand that they appeal to a different audience.

Attached: 1458898579313.jpg (666x720, 91K)

They're a thing because people buy them.
People buy them for loads of reasons including, but not limited to:
-They prefer the appearance
-They were sold on the marketing
-They see them as watercooling with training wheels
-They think air coolers are "old"

Mostly, it comes down to appearance.
A lot people prefer how they look.
The best performance and performance-per-dollar isn't at the top of everyone's priority list.

>With a heat-block, air comes in and gets interrupted by this massive skyscraper in between the intake and the exhaust.
It's the opposite actually. Tower coolers increase the air flowing over the motherboard due to the fans on the tower pulling in the air. This is why a lot of AIOs recently have been putting little fans on their water blocks to help make up for this disadvantage

>it just takes heat from the CPU and spreads it the fuck around
What meme case are you using that doesn't have an exhaust fan located in direct parallel with the tower cooler? Sounds like a you issue to me. AIOs are ONLY viable for meme SFF cases that don't have the dimensions to support large tower coolers. Otherwise tower coolers perform better while being cheaper and having no risk of leakage or pumps breaking.

Probably some Lian Li case with the "side mounted" AIO exhausts and no rear fan placement.

AIOs take up less room and look cooler. Also tend to be quieter. Also never letting the CPU heat into your box makes the cooling of other components more efficient.

does bequeit sends you AM4 bracket for FREE ? cause that s what noctua did for my NHD14 .
bequiet is the most shilled company on youtube, i fucking hate bequiet with all my heart.

>look cooler
looks gay. i bet you enjoy rgb as well zoomer fag

>Also tend to be quieter
lol
>Also never letting the CPU heat into your box makes the cooling of other components more efficient
All (or at the very least the vast majority) of the CPU's heat should be leaving straight through the rear and roof exhausts, I keep seeing AIOcucks say this shit but nobody even substantiates it with measurements.

Attached: 1558214704789.jpg (600x532, 40K)

I only have an nh-d14, that's acceptable right?

>AIO cuck
Oh no I would never use an AIO after my previous build. Been using fans for fifteen years with no problem and then one day I get an AIO failure on a unit less than 2 years old.
But it's just simple thermodynamics. Put a giant radiator in the middle of your box and it doesn't matter how many fans you got blowing on it, some of that heat is going to radiate out into the box. They're radiators, radiating is what they do.
But an AIO radiator on the back of your box is going to put much less heat into the build simply because of it's position.

They're great if you have space constraints in your case. I have a noctua d15 on my CPU and an AIO on my gpu. I'd put a d15 on the GPU if vidcards weren't so inconveniently located and I had a way to cool the other vidcards components.
Buttom to top airflow is almost always optimal for d15 and most other coolers.

as a rule of thumb if it's not physically taped to your body in a visible location then it doesn't exist

sure :3

>Buttom to top airflow is almost always optimal for d15 and most other coolers.
um why would you not want a steady stream of airflow sweaty

What steady stream?
All radiators work best with buttom to top airflow because the air getting heated by the radiators goes up .

Proof?

I wanted to put a Arctic Freezer 33 duo on my 3700x but fucking caseking doesnt have the right one, should i switch it out for a Dark rock 4 ?

While this is a cpu cooler thread. I want to paint the top part of the cooler to be black instead of silver. I guess I just use automotive paint on it?

>Why are AIO Watercoolers a thing?
For stupid zoomer kids who really want water because water is the thing cool kids have but can't afford the real water loop.

>Buttom to top airflow is almost always optimal for d15 and most other coolers.
>um why would you not want a steady stream of airflow sweaty

If bottom top was optimal then people other than you would use it.

1 there's a massive hot gpu rught beneath it
2 there's a flow of cool air from the front already
3 there's a fan right behind it to suck the heat out.
4 convection flow is fucking weak anyway
5 bottom intake sucks in 100 more dust

In a properly set up case the front and the rear fans flow the GPU heat horisontally so it wouldn't affrct the cpu and the cpu cooler itself is fed cool air from the front and prevented from recirculating hot air by the rear fan,

To everyone who thinks thermodynamic with AIO's should be better, here is a graphic that shows a different aditude

Attached: airvswater.png (565x529, 16K)

It keeps the away from the rest. A normal fan has the heat moving around in the case. Thats the only reason I can come up with.

Seething AIOcuck

Do you even need a Dark Rock, D15 or an AIO if you're not running a top of the line CPU like 9900k or 3900x?

Yesterday I was thinking the same, I'll do with normal spray.

If you have the room for a dark rock pro cooler (or something similar) then just go for it.
I use an i5-4460 with said cooler and the pc is waayy quieter.
Good investment, it's future proof.
And if a fan goes bust you just contact BeQuiet via email.

Attached: 1545728875261.png (540x482, 190K)

Aio is better than the best air cooler that I can fit in my itx case

Got a meshify and a NH-D15 (with 120mm fan in front as I have tall ram and case won't close with stock fan on front and tall ram)

Other worries with meshify c, tall ram might block a top mounted 240mm aio, long GPU will block a front mounted AIO. Most air coolers are fine and with such good air flow probably the better option

Attached: 6472465724.jpg (708x944, 100K)

or just replace the fan by yourself...

No,
on AMD side you even can use the stock cooler because they don't suck as much as those from Intel.

cute

ofc you replace the fan yourself, but if the fans used on the cooler are not available in their online store then contact them via email is what i meant to say.

bequiet.com/de/casefans/1624

Happy to help

I have a meshify with comedy airflow and my 7600k and rx590 literally cannot make enough heat to get above 70c. Most people do not have the thermal solution requirements that implicate water cooling

post feet