Jow Forums community on urbit

I want to set up a Jow Forums community on urbit, anyone down?

Attached: image.jpg (240x250, 15K)

took a look at it, how exactly does it work? do you get etherium which then maps to a domain where you can put whatever on, and then people with the OS can visit your website? sounds pretty interesting, but i'm not sure if it's any better than just owning a server.

I'd join if I knew how to use urbit. Looks retarded

A not so close friend is shilling urbit to me since months. I looked at their video and don't get it. A community limited in size? Is that the selling point?

The selling point is that it's a new paradigm for the Internet, since the current one fucking sucks. It's also decentralized, secure, blah blah blah.

Similar to owning a server, but for the purposes of this thread I'm not so focused on running an azimuth point as I am on actually using the network to build a community.

Riva, stop shilling this shit and go back on your date.

Man they sure like to make up a ton of buzzwords

>urbit

Attached: 1542948830850.jpg (1024x645, 109K)

Smoking is very bad for the health of your heart and lungs and bad for the health of others.
I just thought you should know that.
Have a nice day!

N

O

What did he mean by this?

Attached: amber lamps 3.jpg (366x333, 31K)

I’ll join you there. Urbit is based.

Is based yarvin still on board?

Not joining you tranny fag, use another image next time

Cute girl.

What is urbit
Why not just get a server instead?
How do you intend to build a community around it

>Today, you have two bad options for cloud computing: run your own Unix server or join a bunch of apps and services.
>We aren't going to take this deal. We don't want to be system administrators and we don't want to be ruled by some MEGACORP.
But..
But if you run your own server then how are you ruled by a megacorp?

They want to be the megacorp instead.

Set it up, AND THEN post about it.

sounds cool senpai

Attached: file.png (220x207, 71K)

Jow Forums here, what exchanges is urbit traded on ?
Would like to invest.