Hey all

Hey all,
I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong board but I was hoping to get some help troubleshooting my new and first PC build. All the parts were bought new.
Parts list:
>Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
>Intel i7-9700K
>G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000
>Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal SSD
>Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
>Noctua NH-D15, Premium CPU Cooler
>EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Black GAMING,8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans Graphics Card
>EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular
>Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case

I have everything connected, I have made sure that all of my power cords are plugged into their proper sockets and as a results my RAM lights up, my CPU fans and case fans run, my motherboard lights up, and everything SEEMS to be functioning as it should be.
However, I am running into an issue with the bootup process. When I power on the PC nothing comes up on screen, no BIOS, no anything.
I have done a number of things already, including re-seating my CPU, reinstalling my RAM cards into ports 2 and 4, as well as 1 and 3. I have tried taking out the GPU and running from the mobo HDMI port. I have tried unplugging and replugging my power supply cords. Upon powering on I hear no beeping or anything to indicate any issues. I have tried everything I can think of, to no avail.
I am worried that something is DoA, the motherboard, the RAM, whatever. With everything lighting up it is hard for me to even begin knowing how to narrow it down. As far as I know everything is working and properly seated, but I cannot get any response from the display. In addition, when I plug in my USB keyboard, it lights up for half a second then turns back off, but my USB plugs are also plugged into the USB sockets on the mobo.

If any of you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it. This is my first build, so I am not exactly "savvy"
Pic related. My build.

Attached: Build.jpg (1080x810, 77K)

Kill yourself faggot reddit nigger

your mobo is fucked

That is what I was afraid of. Thanks man. I'll see about getting a replacement.

lmao is ur monitor plugged into ur gpu

Bruh did you seriously just buy intel when AMD has cheaper chips that beat it while costing less?

holy fuck you poor shits can't help yourself...
every time

Nah, I tried with and without the GPU, I took the GPU out and tried running it from the mobo. Still nothing.

What about post code? Reference the code you're stuck at in boot against the printed manual's post code info.
This could be a PSU/CPU/PSU problem.

It's hard not to when the 9700K is 95w and loses to a 65w 3600.

Lies. 3600 = 3700x = 3900x in gaming. 9700k and 9900k BTFOs all ryzen.

more like /sqt/

>Motherboard/CPU/PSU* issue

I wasn't aware of any post code. The PC powers on but doesn't boot, all I get is a blank screen so I am not sure where I would see a post code.

You mentioned HDMI, is it a HDMI to HDMI cable or are you using a converter? Sometimes those cause issues.

Read your mobo manual.
Make sure you plugged the right chords into it.

Are you sure you connected the 2 power cables to the motherboard? It happened to me twice that i forgot to connect the smaller cable that is usually close to the CPU (doh!)

It's just HDMI to HDMI. My motherboard only has an HDMI port and a DP(I think?), it doesn't have any other video ports like DVI or VGA or anything.

I have looked over it multiple times, which is leaving pretty convinced my mobo was dead on arrival. But I suppose that I could unplug and replug everything again, I don't have anything to lose.

I am pretty sure, but I can try again. As I said, I don't have anything to lose by doing so.

Check if you have everything plugged in.

>EPS
Probably an 8 pin or 8pin + 4 pin near the top of the mobo
>Motherboard
Big fucker, looks connected
>Front IO
Looks fine from here
>SATA
Both power and data cables.

Otherwise check if your modular cables are in the right place on the PSU, can't plug VGA into PERF, etc etc

>chords
This is it OP. Computers only run on A major chords. If you used a D major, the motherboard clock runs a smidge too high and the RAM timing go all fucky.

Bruh. You just saved my ass. it was the damn EPS cord. it was labeled CPU_OV, which i couldn't find anything for. I feel like a damn idiot, but THANK YOU.

ngl, I lol'd.

that was what i was saying here it happened to me twice...lol

Ohhh, my bad bro. I misunderstood! Thank you very much for your help!