Previous threads:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1563623903928.jpg (896x1280, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7rWmmZSR
gskill.com/product/165/169/1536043328/F4-3200C16D-16GSXKBSniper-XDDR4-3200MHz-CL16-18-18-38-1.35V16GB-(2x8GB)
github.com/HelpSeeker/Restricted-WebM-in-Bash
github.com/HelpSeeker/Restricted-WebM
youtu.be/pdip5Hr8LLI
youtu.be/QUM3dfzogd8
obsproject.com/
support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10
vbox7.com/play:79edadab21
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I need to convert a lot of gifs and webms to meet Jow Forums standards, how do I do it with ffmpeg?

Primarily for posting on /gif/

Also apologies to and , I forgot the subject and had to remake the thread

that Lisa is flipped user

Nice job fixing it user.

Attached: 1561885589687.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

pastebin.com/7rWmmZSR
Not sure about the file size limit on /gif/, so you might want to adjust it in the variable. It's 2.8MB by default.

Muh video games aren't working. Random slowdowns in games that have run fine before that I can't correlate to stress or temps or anything. How can I find out what exactly is churning or failing?

how am I supposed to use this?

put it into a text file, rename to something.ps1, run it with powershell by right clicking it and selecting run.
a file dialog will pop up where you can select one or multiple files.
the output is in the same directory as the selected file with _Jow Forums attached to its name.

Bumping from last thread. Want to make IG videos with faces blurred out.

My windows keeps on deactivating even though I used a legit OEM key. Does anyone know how to force it to activate for good or do I have to use an activator?

why is clamwin sitting on 30% of my cpu?

lenovo ideapad w/ AMD A6-7310 APU

im not running scans. i dont have any scheduled. its not updating, its been like this for (at least, never checked before) hours.

this is also on a fresh install after a previous win10 update was botched, so not a ton of extra software.

Attached: Screenshot (1).png (1920x1080, 87K)

I just found out my laptop has a hidden M.2 SATA port. Would that be any faster than a regular Sata 3 SSD?

No, SATA is SATA. How the connection is made doesn't matter.
It would be something different if it would be a M.2 PCIe slot.

Based on the taskbar the system is full of useless bloat already, maybe try a clean install with a downloaded image from microsoft instead of the recovery image of your laptop.
Any reason you need a 3rd party AV at all? The windows one is usually enough if you aren't an idiot executing any binary you come across.

what particular systems are these furfags administrating? VAX?

Bought a new Ryzen 5 3600 based computer, parts still coming in the mail.

Realised I bought RAM that isn't compatible with my motherboard (MSI B450M Mortar) in terms of getting it to 3200.

gskill.com/product/165/169/1536043328/F4-3200C16D-16GSXKBSniper-XDDR4-3200MHz-CL16-18-18-38-1.35V16GB-(2x8GB)

How bad did I fuck up? Would it still boost from 2133 to 3200 without causing issues?

so not worth bothering with then if the laptop already has one SSD for the windows install, alright
Think I'll just replace the secondary hard drive with one of my samsung evos

Should I get the intellimouse pro now for $60 or wait for a sale?

Attached: spongebob-3.jpg (340x321, 24K)

Get a Zowie

STOP POSTING FURRY TRASH IN MY 4CHANS.

YOUR KIND IS NOT WELCOMED HERE YOU ANIMAL DEGENERATE.

Attached: 41673062_1993485630697463_2915030557614145536_n.jpg (540x906, 34K)

why?

I wrote an ffmpeg wrapper exactly for that scenario. If you're interested
github.com/HelpSeeker/Restricted-WebM-in-Bash (for Linux)
github.com/HelpSeeker/Restricted-WebM (for any system)
I haven't updated the Python version in quite some time and it's missing some features from the Bash version, but it should work fine otherwise.

I bought one (EC2-A) about a year or 2 ago. It's an amazing mouse with a great sensor and build quality. Best of all the one I got has no "driver" program you need to install. Just a button on the bottom that lets you change sensitivity. Makes it easy to take between systems or between operating systems if you're a linuxchad like me.

The computer on the previous thread is an IBM system/3, and this thread's pic has an Apple Lisa.

>Any reason you need a 3rd party AV at all?
my security software selection is a holdover from what i have used and liked on win xp through win 7. it includes:
Clamwin (open source antivirus)
Clam Sentinel (real time live scanner for clamwin)
Zone Alarm(commercial, but free firewall)
Malwarebytes Antimalware (commercial, but widely recognized & free for home)
Spybot S&D (commercial, been using this for so long i cant even)
Peerblock (open source blacklist connection blocker, havn't gotten around to installing it yet since last reset.)

aside from the above software icons on the taskbar; theres a red dot icon which is radeon software for the R4 APU, and the rest are windows & hardware driver icons.

>maybe try a clean install with a downloaded image from microsoft instead of the recovery image of your laptop.
ill look into that, but wouldn't that fuck with the little reset button on the laptop functioning correctly?

is windows defender+common sense 2019 enough?

i prefer gnu + linux, myself
but yea, that should be ok

What android app do I need in order to view and transfer files from my computer's network which is using windows wizard sharing? They are both connected to the same network.

Where can I learn more about systems level stuff like workers, systemd, daemons etc
Huge imposter syndrome at work since I moved up when people left

Well, whichever one I'd go with, is $60 an ok price, or should I wait like 4 months for black friday and hope one is on sale? And do you think it would be a significant enough price drop?

Do some torrent clients allow you to hide yourself from specific peers in the same network

Arch wiki would be a start. Yes it's Arch, but much of the stuff in there is applicable to any distro.

Looking for the most comprehensive guide to explain ins and outs of Premiere and After Effects for me. It can be a series of videos, pdf, book anything that explains common uses of every function in those programs and its common uses (so please no autistic 100 hours guides).

Attached: wallhaven-202158.jpg (1857x963, 381K)

Oh my god thank you user! This is perfect!

You're welcome.
As a heads-up, if you want to disable automatic downscaling (can be quite aggressive for long videos) just use a very high min. height threshold. And be sure to use single pass encoding if you convert GIFs to WebM AND want to preserve their transparency.

Does nvidia have some kind of ESR drivers? I want something stable, fuck their weekly updates that constantly break shit. I only play old games and have a dedicated windows 7 machine for it. Pic related, "Studio Driver" is unavailable.

Attached: 1536294474876.png (726x355, 25K)

Does /t/ have the dumbest posters on all of Jow Forums? I think so.

Eh, that's not that stupid. It's definitely dumb, but not everybody gets that different extensions do different things, even though they accomplish the same goal.

you are welcome

Attached: Thanks doc.jpg (2500x2500, 920K)

>1. Topic doesn't even belong on the board
>2. Question is pants on head retarded
>3. OP mentions using WMP
>4. Reply suggests reencoding to be able to use a different player
No, you're right. They're fucking geniuses.

Dont update then

Don't even update then. It'll mess things up. Been there. Fellow Win7 fag here. It's understandable too. They don't care about your old GPU and OS anymore. Why would they?

I'm trying to think of a more stupid post on Jow Forums, and I can't think of one. I'd say that says more about Jow Forums than those posters though, I remain by the point that it's not that stupid to not know how program defaults work.

I just did a fresh install though, win 7 with only SP1. I wish I had my old driver installer, but I don't. Which version should I look for?

Browsing through sketchfab (web based 3d-model gallery, like a deviantart for 3d stuff) through firefox completely depletes my PC's memory, specially if I open several tabs quick.

Is that normal, or my PC too outdated?
In other words: should I change the way I browse the web, or should I change my PC?

Well, what GPU do you have?

1070, see pic related

Since you didn't post any specs, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and check the performance tab when the slow down happens to determine whether it's your CPU bucking under the load or if you're running out of RAM. Act accordingly.

How do I start investigating why my internet connection is complete dog shit? Sites take forever to start loading, images load slowly and streams only work in 160p. Pings in videogames spike wildly. Speedtest says everything is perfect and my isp is reporting no problems.

Post more pictures like this.

1070 is not that old. Just get the latest before you start assuming it will break something? If it does. Well go back a few months and stick to certified releases.

¿Any good shadowplay alternative for saving small videos with a replay buffer?
Hard mode: No OBS

Attached: img_57630d6ca6a8f.png (650x606, 129K)

>No OBS
Why though? Anyway, if it's a NVIDIA GPU you can use MSI Afterburner's video prerecord feature under video settings. Really, you should have Afterburner installed already anyway.

the preview from OBS lowers my FPS, or forces me to disable Aero
i think its a bit worse in win7 than 10 ??

the A230 boards have zen 2 support?
Recently watches these 2 videos about zen 2 support there and aparently the manufcatures dont say that because marketing reasons, but idk
thoughts?
youtu.be/pdip5Hr8LLI
youtu.be/QUM3dfzogd8

Attached: PRIME-A320M-K.png (600x600, 199K)

Is it possible to make an extended partition the first partition on a HDD, and create /boot, /swap etc. logical partitions of a new system inside it?

What a cute OP picture

can someone please lay out for me the differences between intel and amd? specifically intels decision to abandon hyperthreading and amd utilizing it.
I was under the impression that hyperhtreading was superior but intel dropped it and their 9700k beats out amds 3700x in every single video game and as far as I can tell runs cooler while doing it.
I have an old 4core processor and was always told I was having issues due to lack of hyper threading like the clothing glitch in final fantasy 15 so I always thought hyperthreading was a must but here intel has ditched it and just gone straight 8 cores? why?

You are using this version though, right?
obsproject.com/

Also, the preview feature in OBS can be turned off and you didn't answer whether or not you own an NVIDIA card which I will now assume you do.

Then disable the preview or use ffmpeg

Why do so many websites have low contrast for their texts? Texts always seem to be grey, and often very light greys, on white backgrounds. Why not just put black on white?

oh yeah i use nvidia GTX 970, so i could use the graphics card for the replay buffer in OBS
>preview feature in OBS can be turned off
based, im redownloading it

What exactly is the issue behind people being unable to install win7 on new motherboards? I'm about to receive my b360 motherboard with an i5. Is it lack of usb 3.1 gen 1/2 drivers during installation? My board will have 2.0 and ps/2 ports for mouse and keyboard, will that solve the issue? Will older stuff like old linux work on it?

It's because majority of designers are tech illiterate or not-geeks and they care about muh-color schemes over functionality.
>graphics designer in training

Did I fuck up?

Attached: Microsoft_Natural_Ergonomic_Keyboard_4000.png (2412x1434, 3.29M)

unless you paid more than 30$ for it, no

Nah.

Also, always set OBS to capture a specific window / application. Don't just set it to capture the screen.

Look into forcing custom style sheets in your browser through an add-on if it bothers you so much. Too high of a contrast fucks with your eyes as well though if the screen is bright and you get imagine retention which is not pleasant. Unless you experience this only on websites, something might be off with your rgb levels. Used to be common with NVIDIA through HDMI cables where the driver just auto-assumed that the connected display must be a TV. Took these fools years to fix that. Ridiculous.

I follow the house philosophy, "diagnose through treatment". This means start creating a map of your network, how it is designed/setup. Unplug everything except one system. Obtain a baseline, see how it is. Maybe it's improved, maybe it isn't. If it isn't, maybe it's that test system you *assume* is operating correctly. Grab a different system, see if it's any better or the same. Basically follow the scientific method. Make a hypothesis, test it, record the results, and enter a feedback loop until you've obtained as much truth as you can for the amount of investment you want to make.

Def. not a cure-all for RSI if that's you intention: It's split, which may help for certain types of wrist or elbow pain yes, but the key 'switches' (rubber dome ofc) are typically stiff and gritty enough that it can excerbate other kinds of RSI..

how can i set OBS to start a replay buffer automatically?
i'd like it to be as seamless as shadowplay, where i can just forget about it and it will always be on the background ready to record

I used to get a lot of pain for extended periods of computer usage. No more, even with bad posture. Mechanical (unicomp) keyboard and a trackball. Never been happier.

>get given "faulty" LGA775 motherboard
>has a bunch of adequate looking heatsinks
>desolder components & ports
>repurpose heatsinks for other projects
Is there anything else I could do with this?
A friend of mine gave it to me to keep, since he'd recently upgraded, and it's useless to him.

Similarly, is it worth buying some relatively old cpus & motherboards for testing purposes, as well?
I'd love to get into delidding, as an example, but don't really want to do so on my CPU (not that I'd want to delid a Ryzen 1600, anyway)

Why is my monitor's built-in audio through displayport/HDMI no longer working on my PC (Windows 10)? It works fine with GNU/Linux. I did fuck around with the services a bit so that might have messed it up.
Here are my disabled services right now. Is there a way to just reset them all back to their defaults?

Attached: services.png (679x201, 23K)

Anyone know of a good place to get Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

tip: It doesn't matter how many services you disable when the user is diabled.

Windows supports this natively.
support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

s-shut up...

Attached: 87370f333b275ddfba92b5fbac4ab4c1.png (740x696, 204K)

Drivers basically.
I mean, what software do you need Win 7 for? Everything will run fine on LTSC also and you'll actually have more control and less bloat than on Windows 7.

i dont have windows 10, i have win7

this just popped up. what do?

Attached: efs[1].jpg (467x380, 68K)

It literally tells you user, did you read the dialog?
Did you click the "why ..." on the bottom to read more about it?

This prompt occurs when you begin NTFS encryption for the first time (for that user acct)

First time building a computer. I turned on my computer and suddenly smoke came out. Checked the whole case and I finally tracked it down to this part, which was burned off. Am I fucked or not?.

Attached: 20190720_114117.jpg (434x579, 37K)

I've never had pain from typing. I bought it just because I needed a keyboard and Microsoft's products have have lasted me many years. Zreviews recommended it and his recommendations have been solid for me as well. I suck at touch-typing so I figure the split design will force me to get better. It took me a solid four minutes to even type this reply. What do?

My mom wants a laptop recommended to her. I would say apple because my macbook air from 2013 has a god-tier trackpad and just werks as good today as it did back then

what windows manufacturer will guarantee longevity?

What's the best recovery software to recover deleted files? Need to recover deleted videos from an SD card.

I tried "Recuva" free edition but it couldn't recover most of them.

Trying a deep scan in "Advanced Disk Recovery" right now to see if I have better luck with it.

It's an SD card for a camera, and I stupidly forgot to not use the camera until I recover the data and took two more pictures, so I hope those two pics didn't corrupt/overwrite the data too much.

I have a similar model. I don't even remember when I bought this. Came out in 2002. It's the Micosoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard. Still performs like brand new but it has ghosting issues and is a bit creaky. Otherwise it's a great keyboard, ergonomic and can teach you to touchtype.

I just got a wireless mouse (Logitech MX Master 2s) which charges with micro usb. Is it safe to charge it with my phone charger? I won't over heat or something?

Thinkpads, Dell XPS, HP elitebooks, and Microsoft Surfaces all have great reviews.

thanks

how to smooth the edges of apu memes with gimp
vbox7.com/play:79edadab21

Currently running an i5 8600k at 4,8 GHz with 1,28v. Now, with an AVX negative offset of 2 the system runs stable at 1,265v, but for a stable 4,8GHz with AVX offset set to 0 I need 1,28v which after an hour of realbench reached a max temp of 78C.

Two questions:

(1) the only tasks that need this kind of power on my pc are games. Does it make sense to run an AVX offset of 0, or should I go with 2 and take the lower voltage?

(2) I currently have LLC level set to 'Default', whatever that exactly means (z370-a setting). Should I tinker with it if the system is already stable at Default?

can anyone help me with this?

How do I get Windows 10 to look as much like 7 as possible

no idea how that stuff works
i have been having this for ages now but my com seems to work fine

Attached: no idea.png (591x705, 36K)

>clamwin
What? The fuck even is that? Get a real anitvirus program, user.

I got it to work with mpv, which just uses youtube-dl.

cool. i was just hoping i could get it to work with just chrome

What 2242 ssd should I get for the wwan slot of my t470 ? I still not sure how big, 250 would be enough, would like to be future proof with a 500 one. thanks