How long will people stick with 7 after Microshit kills it?

How long will people stick with 7 after Microshit kills it?

Attached: 208867752_1280x720-5960182c5f9b583f180ba462.jpg (768x432, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cleverfiles.com/howto/100-disk-usage-windows-10.html
drivereasy.com/knowledge/100-disk-usage-windows-10-fixed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

as long as needfull

some people are still using XP so...

about 3.50

Usage is going down slowly but surely. It is a non issue.

The only actual problem is the drop of software and driver support that will occur at some point. Same happened to XP in 2014.

its already happening which is great either switch to linux or windows 10 both are free

Less than Jow Forums thinks for sure. There will be people who will stay on 7 simply because they can't be arsed to upgrade until their machine goes bad in one way or the other.
Those who actually stick with 7 by choice are a minuscule amount.

What benefit does it even have over 8.1 with classic shell?

No benefit. Both are outdated shit, but if you really don't want to use W10 or Linux then might as well stick with 8.1 since MS will release security updates until January 2023.
Then again AMD, Nvidia and others already stopped releasing 8.1 drivers altogether due to the tiny marketshare so there's that too.

until microsoft makes something that isn't a complete shit pile like win 10

Attached: 1538466126249.jpg (2052x1540, 585K)

Yeah I have to switch at some point whether I want or not. I hate how non-customizable, bloated and full of botnet 10 is. Plus I dislike the UI, previous Windows versions have the classic and easy to use Windows interface where you know exactly where things are. 10 has both a settings menu and a control panel for example.

I have been trying GNU/Linux more and more since beginning of this year. I have even installed it on two of my other PCs. I was very impressed with the progress they've made over the last couple of years. But again I need muh games and certain software that isn't available on loonix like Foobar and MPC-HC.

FPBP
>op is a nigger

Attached: hitlerbook.jpg (801x928, 118K)

I swapped to LTSB last year (and am on LTSC now).

the small things I don't like no longer outweigh the benefits in compatibility, driver support and convenience.

It's still at like 20% of users, even 50%+ in many poorer countries, with only months left of critical updates. It will be a shitshow.

Our self checkouts at work still use 7

the windows 10 being bloated is a meme it doesnt effect speed at all now it being full of botnet and non customisable is true

you do realise you can download and install windows 10 for free off of microsofts site with just a watermark that appears at the bottom right of the screen

>for free
haha, sure. for free.

Attached: 2019-05-29 (14).png (591x396, 418K)

I'm still on 7

Spot on with the UI. It's fucking awful and ugly. Vista and 7 have the best UI, but I like 8.1's UI too and 8.1 probably had the best sound scheme of any version IMO

Windows 7 will be in embedded systems and industrial machinery for decades.

However I’m already on windows 10 because I’m not a paranoid pedo schozo terrorists like you fags.

epic dude XD

I know that 10 has the same system requirements as Vista, 7 and 8.1. They roughly perform the same in applications as well All of these Windows versions have bloat on it. Like Cortana in 10 or those widgets in Vista and 7.
You can't disable a lot of the "bloat" the easy way in 10 I have noticed. You cant turn off some services.

You weren't forced to use widgets though, and those are actually cool. Cortana isn't cool, she's an annoying CIA bitch

I think they were on by default if you installed Vista. With 7 you can turn them on I believe.

I'll see for myself later, going to install Vista alongside XP on an old Pentium 4 3.0GHz laptop I have. For shits and giggles

>10 has both a settings menu and a control panel for example.
I hate that so fucking much.

I did that on a virtual machine a few months ago. It was a nostalgia trip. I definitely prefer 7 because the interface is more like XP.

It sure is. Thank fuck for VMs.

Attached: Bliss_(Windows_XP).png (300x241, 107K)

win 10 ltsb is basically modernized win 7, no reason not to upgrade

>inb4 shill

I'm still running 7. I don't see what is the problem.

Until I literally can't install it on new hardware anymore or drivers and programs are literally not available for it anymore.

So why haven't people done it already? If they haven't done even it by now, critical updates stopping won't suddenly get the billion people left to instantly change their minds.

I don't know if this is a common issue, but on my work computer that's running 10 LTSC I'd typically restart at least one time every day because the UI just locks up as if we're back to XP days. So along with the spyware and looking like a ransom note, 10 also seems to have problems that were for the most part fixed in 7. I'm not saying I'll never switch to it because I'm sure at some point in the future it'll become inescapable, but for right now loonix with a VM in it that's running 7 seems to be the best option for me.

because theyre too stupid and have no clue its even free like most users on here

Hence why it will be a shitshow

Until one of two things happens:

1) I can no longer run it and need to upgrade to some *nix variant
2) Microsoft makes a new OS that is actually worth upgrading to

>Nvidia already stopped releasing 8.1 drivers
Official drivers, yes, but the Windows 7 drivers work for Windows 8.1.

Don't care. Outdated shit from 2006.

huh? vista came out in 2006, 7 came out in 2009
how young are you?

>2) Microsoft makes a new OS that is actually worth upgrading to
Their alleged current plan is to never upgrade 10 in the old sense but to have it be a rolling release for consumers and a more stable version of the rolling release for enterprise customers. I think with 10 they were aiming for it to become like XP where it lasts forever if they wanted it to because of enterprise customers. They'll probably even phase out the 10 eventually and it'll become just "Microsoft Windows". So that's going to fuck up point 2 for you, but as for point 1 we might be getting software updates for 7 for a lot longer than the case was for XP when 7 came out since the kernels of 7 and 10 aren't too different

People kept using windows xp for years after the official support ended. People will stop using win7 when all of them switch to new hardware which doesn't support win10. Truth is, nobody other than maybe 2% of people give a fuck about the difference between 7 and 10. XP is still used by a couple of hundred of people (outside of 3rd world) as a main home OS.

another 10 years for sure. Windows XP works like a charm too here.

Well, I was already planning on doing 1) anyways, so that's no real skin off my ass.

This. Not to mention muh flat UI which is disgustingly bad and unusable.

why do you NEED foobar and MPC-HC lol
what do they have that deadbeef and mpv or VLC doesn't?

they already made 8.1.
vista to seven is worse than seven to 8.1.

I'm just used to both. Also tons of software that you might need for work or your study only works on Windows or Mac.

>the Windows 7 drivers work for Windows 8.1
They won't be releasing W7 drivers for much longer so that's also out of the window.

still using an registered copy. No need to upgrade, 10 looks terrible

Well, don't buy hardware that isn't supported by Windows 7/8.1. It's not like you really need the best money can buy and the newest hardware possible.

Always funny to see /x/fags on a techboard brag about using exploit ridden OS that don't even get security patches anymore

People had no problem sticking to XP when Windows 7 was out until 7 was fixed enough to be usable which was probably after SP1.

Meh, I already use windows like it's linux. I will switch as soon as I buy a new PC (for some reason, i.e. Intel drivers fuckery, I can't use linux on this one).

Nvidia makes most of their profit from gaming market and if gamers (steam users) stay with windows 7 then they'll continue to release Win 7 drivers. Problem is CPUs no longer supporting Win 7. By the time I need to upgrade my CPU I'll probably end up switching to Linux rather than having to deal windows 10.

>if gamers (steam users) stay with windows 7
They won't. Have you seen the latest Steam survey stats? W7 keeps falling more and more. Same thing happened with XP, the users were still in the (low) double digits on April 2014 but they fell off really fast after that and both Nvidia and AMD pulled support short afterwards.

>It doesn't affect speed at all
lol
Same

Microshit can't kill it, you can literally still install Windows 95

>switch to linux
From no new drivers and software to no drivers and sofware?

I'm still using XP.

I have a Windows 10 laptop (or notebook) that constantly has 100$ DISK in task manager.

Sometimes the laptop will behave normal (like my W7 computers) but as soon as I open a browser or wake from SLEEP it locks up and I have to wait for DISK to begin to drop from 100% for it to be anything other than a paperweight

laptop ~ HP 14-an080nr

cleverfiles.com/howto/100-disk-usage-windows-10.html
drivereasy.com/knowledge/100-disk-usage-windows-10-fixed/
I've never had that issue and can't say any of these things will work, but use google you cunt

I did all of that a weeks ago when I got this and tried a whole bunch of other shit in regedit. It reduced the problem but didn't fix it.

>be me, work at pharmaceutical company
>sys admin is not too bright
>still using windows XP on some computers
>windows 7 is default on most of them
I think the incompetent companies with tards like this will use it for awhile.

>green
At least use the right one.

Attached: dell-Genuine-Windows-7-Ultiamte-OEM-ISO.jpg (878x429, 33K)

I have a GPU from like 2010, which is still perfectly usable in W7, but it has only 512MB of VRAM, which is not enough for W8/W10.
Many such cases, where drivers either don't exist or aren't that good.
Windows 7 will be around as a relevant OS for at least another 5 years.

You can completely remove cortana, the store and edge now?

do needful sir