Getting jobs in tech

Hey /o/, I’m trying to teach myself to code (JS, then moving on to python and C++ maybe). I have no formal background/degree in CS.

I live close to Silicon Valley, and I’m wh*te. Realistically, do I have any chance in hell at landing a decent paying gig in the valley? Or will Pajeet HRs just trash my resume?

Attached: 08642CBD-750E-404A-A532-BC928CF1DB22.jpg (620x877, 164K)

I claimed I'm 1/4th american indian and got the diversity hire

I also check "american Indian/Alaska native" on job applications. I had three competing job offers and am a college dropout.

Feels good man.

>I have no formal background/degree in CS.

Fuck off, bootcamp baby.

>tfw self taught making $80K in a small Midwestern city, sitting on three years experience

Imagine paying for college lmfao

>imagine making only $80k
>imagine having very little ability to change companies because most applications systems will weed out your resume because you don't have a degree

$80k is like $30000 higher than average
After two years I started looking for a new job and got this one , I had three offers including one from Bayer :)

I am an intermediate level programmer whos been doing it for 4 years and no one hires me anywhere because i dont have a degree. So just get a meme compsci degree then go to silicon valley.

How did you get the first job? I apply online and get no interview calls.

80k is decent in flyover country, unless he’s in Chicago

Why don’t you fake a degree then. Surely you could get a job somewhere anyway

HR department's only job is to check if a new employee lied about his degree.

i make 130k with 3 years of experience, not even trying to flex. I'm still underpaid. We are all at wageslave tier.

post your resume or github or whatever. I'm doubting that you are intermediate level.

Made 5 apps from scratch so I'm not a beginner I guess.

80K in the midwest is equivalent to like 200k in SF

Bay Area is shit and will make you depressed. It's not worth the salary.

>t. lived there for 3 years working at BigN, left and never been happier

>still won't post any kind of proof. ANY

Where are your apps? What are they? What do they do? Why are the special? Do they include testing? Is the code easy to grok? Do you have docs? Do you have any users? Are they web based? Electron? Native? I could go on, gtfo with that weak shit.

It's really not. Those payscale news articles are just sour grapes.

I already live here so... not planning on moving.

Just wondering if I’ll be able to get a job. I don’t want to waste 1-3 years of teaching myself to code and drop money on a bootcamp if nobody will hire me

Why do you need so much info I wont dox myself on Jow Forums and neither would you. Its android apps with around 10k lines each, out of which I wrote like 40% and copy pasted other stuff like boilerplate code to access apis etc. One app had like 20k users.

>It's really not. Those payscale news articles are just sour grapes.

it's exaggerated, sure, but every aspect of SF is more expensive than midwest, rent is obvious but even shit like gas for your commute, food from the grocery store, restaurants, taxes out the ass. probably the only exception is midwest has to pay out the ass for heating bills in the winter while SF climate is fantastic

i'm not saying SF isn't worth the price, but you'd have to be retarded to think 80K in SF = 80K in the midwest. hell that's not even livable in SF unless you're going to share an apartment/bedroom with someone else