Raspberry Pi

This is my first step back into tinkering! I studied basic electronics in high school and messed with Aurduinos before. Now i'm 26 and a network admin in the military. Eventually, i'd like to work in cyber security.

Now that I've shared my history. Here are my plans. I plan on installing Kali Linux on it and learning those tools for ethical hacking.... that's it lol, I have no other ideas... What other cool projects have you done or seen? Any tips, tricks, advice or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you for your time!

Attached: 0EA18475-A871-4C9D-A367-BE1484D7AE74.jpg (2016x1512, 947K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cheap and fast nas, pi-hole, iot device, seedbox, media center, or you know, just toss it in the cabinet.

What does "please, do the needful" mean?

I just use mine for Kodi lmao

I didn't listen though and it throttles like a motherfucker during midday. Ordered a fan off Amazon last night for today, just need to make some holes in my case.

Unfortunately there's no one good version of LibreElec yet.
The "stable" is fine except for tearing in the UI (not playback) and not accepting certain files.
The test builds don't tear in the UI (but now during playback!), support the unaccepted files, and HEVC/10bit(?) performance has tanked!

Early adopter life.

People have built ghetto smart home automation systems with the Pi as its brain, incorporating GPIO pins to drive relay switches through Python scripts or programs. Other people have made arcade cabinets with these as the main board, driving all the pirated coin-op & console games. Pis are even used alongside Arduinos to run hobby robots.

All you have to do is think of a problem that you'd want to solve, that involves a computer that you wish were smaller.

It means that you've misread what he typed and are too retarded to realize you're the only one who shitposted Pajeet quotes.

Did you see the hand? I doubt a Mexican did that.

>Implying Pajeets are part of the US army
Pajeets aren't the ones hopping the wall to join the American IDF for more money.

Answer the question, kid.

I did, retard. You're obviously illiterate and Mexican.

there is something wrong with your skin color.

Attached: IMG_20190720_211103.jpg (3024x4032, 1.92M)

4GB version is back in stock at pimoroni. Can recommend, I got mine from them. They also sell the Fan SHIM if you want cooling.

shop.pimoroni.com/products/raspberry-pi-4

Attached: 1_iSXndFMdvSNLFftiNwK9Lw.jpg (1400x933, 238K)

What purpose?

I would set up the pi as a target server and boot kali from a live USB on another device. Also pop on over /sec/ its always nice to have new people interested in security

Attached: 1531994488838.jpg (1089x1084, 232K)

(op here)

LOL fuck what do I do about this?

hardly available in the UK at all
this is before 'brexit'

Bleach injections.

>/sec/

What image board is this on?

Based

Attached: 1528518405858.png (1010x1010, 337K)

What are you talking about. Pimoroni is in the UK.

Thanks, just ordered one.

>being this fucking dumb

As expected from Jow Forums. This website is retarded. I think I'll go back now...

Jow Forums general

epic blog entry my dude, instant upvote!
[spoiler]jk keep it up[/spoiler]

got my tiny fan installed, drop 40-50C on idle/load, when before it was throttling. could probably bring it down a little further with better fan vent coverage.
I don't have a rasbian sd set up but I might look around for a free one to try stress, as libreelec omits it.

botnet free desktop replacement

A cluster doesn't make a desktop replacement.

it does if you use clusterOS

Na.

Does the Raspberry Pi 4 play hi10p (10 bit color depth) video?

Attached: thinkin bout collars.jpg (458x618, 197K)

Oh look, it's the daily "I bought a Raspi, what do I do with it?" thread

Give it back jamal

How much can this handle? Would I be able to run pihole, tinytinyrss, etc

Bunch of basic shit? Or will it only be able to handle a little bit?

How do you run a seedbox on your own network wut? Isnt the point so that its on a different network than yours?
Still a newfag as far as seedboxes go

Pihole takes almost nothing to run.
Tinytinyrss probably even less.

This thing cant handle video transcoding on jellyfin can it?
Doubting

no.

>I plan on installing Kali Linux on it and learning those tools for ethical hacking

Why? Does the military not let you have a computer? Because it seems easier if you just run Kali on a Virtual Machine on a laptop or something?

Raspberry pis on the other hand are better off as "drop boxes" (a pen testing tool if anyone is not familiar with the term)

A seedbox is there to seed torrents. Doesn't matter what network it is on.

it has gpu acceleration for hevc 10-bit, don't know about others.

Look into free PBX,
its incredibly powerful and actually a good use for it

Why? Idk why. I was told it would be a fun and interesting project. I don't really know anything about Pi's, Kali Linux or Security. This is my first foray into any of these things.

nigger

you have to go back.

If you're not using it for anything that requires all the expansion it has available you could have gotten a much cheaper Pi instead.

Attached: DSC_0496.jpg (1600x1200, 862K)

why? he/she's actually very nice and introduced himself before explaining why he started the thread.
Don't be a dick

for what would you use it in a home network?

What can I do with two Raspberry Pis?

I already use one as NAS & Torrentbox

Kali is a shit idea for a pi. Too slow to brute force, shit hardware io for disk and net access, and not portable without about $50 of decent accessories. kali is better suited for a live install on a laptop.

>throttles
>tearing
Why?

Been running 3B+ with OSMC for over a year, never once had any problems. I don't have a heatsink, and I have the standard closed case.

Either LibreElec is garbage or you live in a sauna