Fedi Thread

Mastodon, Pleroma, Gab, there's so damn many. Which federated social media platform/instance do I go with? Give your recommendations and reasons why.
Bonus points for instances that have an emphasis on tech or ones without thought policing/ones that don't emphasize politics.

Attached: fedi.png (600x600, 20K)

Gab is fucking gay and Torba is an easily triggered bitch
kiwifarms.cc is a free speech Pleroma instance
Most other non-gook ones are far left
Alternatively you can get a VPS and host your own (Pleroma is pretty light on resources so a cheap one can do) and follow people across all different instances

Any new drama?

Mastodom, fuck gab

What this user said.

They all claim to have a tech focus but no one ever discusses Linux or security topics or anything else. Gab is unironic far/alt right with none of the humor of Pol. Everything else is majority tranny , furry, or gook. Kiwifarms is the only one I've found with a large shitposting user base and occasionally funny content.

Don't expect much from the fedi and you won't be disappointed. Think of it as getting in on the ground floor of something and make it what you want . As long a what you want is a large, chaotic chat room with no one using hash tags to facilitate filtering.

pleroma. kiwifarms is full of cucks and you're best off on a self-hosted instance or freespeechextremist.com/pl.smuglo.li

I use kiwifarms because the admin doesn't cuck to pressure.

Gab or fse. Both aren't centered around politics but if you go with the former expect to see a lot
>gab is unironic far/alt right
Retard spotted

Gab is just Mastodon code with some tweaks
Mastodon is the most niggerlicious fedi software ever encountered
Setup a Pleroma or Misskey instance.

Gooks are one these platforms?

There is nothing wrong with Mastodon and though Gnusocial and Pleroma are also decent options, Mastodon ( and misskey which is JP kawaii fork of mastodon) has the best tech options and features . Pick a server node you prefer, if you don't want gab right tard autism or political correctness from humblr or whatever then go elsewhere but it's the best Fediverse microblogging tech to date

Oh yeah if you need links to nodes and software in general...

Fediverse.party is a good intro to some of the software powering it. It also links to The Federation and other server lists if you look around

TOOT

Attached: elephant-fren-d16fd77f9a9387e7d146b5f9d4dc1e7f.png (330x244, 40K)

So many tranies triggered by gab in this thread. Remember kids - anyone right of stalin is alt/far-right.
Besides loli ban gab is good choise. If you do want space with not as many leftys.
Do not self host unless you are willing to put time in moderating, fighting back false flags fullbof CP and have good opsec to prevent being doxed.

BOOST

gab is explicitly alt-right, how tf are you trying to pretend that statement controversial

Attached: f2750a25a833a0f4.png (637x579, 260K)

Attached: Untitled-2.png (1242x1242, 869K)

Provide proof

It's as explicitly alt-right as Tumblr is SJW.

What's the difference between Pleroma and Mastodon? Aren't they both microblogging platforms?

Different codebases. They also have slightly different set of features. They both support the same protocols so you can send information from Mastodon to Pleroma and vice versa.

>Do not self host unless you are willing to put time in moderating, fighting back false flags fullbof CP and have good opsec to prevent being doxed.
What the fuck are you talking about? You know you can restrict signups, right? Can't really have false flags when you are literally the only person with an account on your instance.

There is plenty wrong with mastodon. Enjoy not being able to support arbitrary file uploads and lacking basic options to configure your instance. it's also relatively heavy.

You're not banned there for not being alt-right so you're explicity wrong.

Attached: 1534771029487.png (362x388, 56K)

Does it also go down for 2 weeks without prior warning like Kiwifarms's Riot homeserver?

No, it's not run from kiwifarms.net's servers

I always feel like a boomer when people talk about fb/twitte/instagram but that's a whole nother level. What's the use? If you want censorship-free communication just use instant messaging.

My favorite Japanese loli hentai artists refuse to IM me their works, so I have to resort to following them on social media.