Am I fucked?

This is my first time building a pc, I finished putting it together, powered on and suddenly theres smoke coming out. I managed to find out what it was that burned off but I'm not quite sure if I fucked or not. Is this serious or should I not be worried?

Attached: 20190720_114117.jpg (434x579, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VhdV2wv3jQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>smoking
Please dont use computers

Have you bought case with a shitty chink """400W""" psu?

how did you even manage that? PSU and all other parts of computers come with a ton of safety features to prevent this stuff and literal children(target demographic for pc building) build PCs on the daily

What model PSU? Did you use the standoffs on your motherboard?

Its a Corsair CXM of 450 W bronze 80+
I have no idea as soon, as I booted it up, it started smoking

you let out the magic smoke

that plug back to front under the burn mark?

heres a better pic of what was smoking

Attached: 20190720_113829.jpg (3480x4640, 2.9M)

that is a worse picture

Stop being poor and get the Seasonic Platinum before you burn the rest of your hardware.

was the load greater than 450W?

>too dumb to do legos
jesus op

>better picture
Literally can't see shit.

Take everything out and build it outside of the case with only the essential parts. Hope you didn't break anything important.

>Load greater than 450W when booting up

I had to bust my ass off waging to even be able to afford this

Is that an LGBRGB hub?

>he doesn't have stress tests on boot for the computer to warm up

RMA

Seems like a fan controller/rgb controller

Did you get some cheap chink shit? Or is the case it came with some cheap shit?

Seems to say IO RESET.

I'm gonna guess it's a shitty case.

Before you fuck with anything else or RMA for no reason just rebuild it outside the case. Everything might work fine.

If it's not the PSU it's probably a capacitor on the mobo that blew up or some part of the motherboard is making contact with metal that's causing it to short circuit.

There's a decent chance it still works if it's the latter (you can test it by booting it outside the case on a block of wood or cardboard), but I wouldn't risk damaging your other components.

What kind of shitty job do you have to only be able to afford some third world hardware lmao?

>a capacitor on the mobo that blew up
What year is it? 2005?

Dishwashing at a shitty restaurant

If you're strapped for cash then you shouldn't be building your own PC unless you know enough about PC building to not burn your components. Cheap pre-assembled PCs are a worse value but there's little risk of it frying components when you turn it on and if it does happen then you're still under warranty. Warranty won't cover you fucking up during a build, though.

Is that a front panel standoff you've got connected to that hub thing? What the fuck is that.
Disassemble the entire thing and build it outside the case and don't connect any extra bullshit.

header not standoff lol.

WAGIE WAGIE

>Corsair CXM
green or grey label?

don't be mean.

Did you put the spacers on before you hooked the mobo up?
I know a couple of 1st time builders who fucked up like that.

this is bait.

Also
>Corsair
Don't buy that shitty brand, get an EVGA or Seasonic, and make sure it's gold rated, and get more than 450, at least 600 for future upgrades.

these pictures are not helpful. try to focus them and zoom out.

Attached: brocode-org.png (1200x684, 990K)

i built my first pc stoned when i was 18.

you're hopeless.

dissassemble everything and send it back to the chinks and say you want your moneyback. remember its always their fault not yours.

I remember Fractal cases having an issue with the fan control that made them go up in flames. Maybe this is something similar and OP did nothing wrong?

>stoned when i was 18.
That’s embarrassing

SHUT UP SHUT UP I WAS A NEET BEFORE BUT NOW I WAGE AND I HATE EVERY SECOND OF IT

DUDE

Take everything apart, put it together OUTSIDE the case, use the power button from the case to power it up. See if it all works.

People like you make my blood boil genuinely. Are you taking bad pictures on purpose or are you so devoid of brains??

zoomers are fucking retarded.
hate them all.

just buy a console, gaymercuck retard.

Update, I unpluged this cable and the smoking stopped. However, the fans also stopped. Any idea on how to fix this?

Attached: 20190720_125337.jpg (3480x4640, 1.02M)

I was a wagir before and now I'm a meet collecting unemployment. Literally playing Vidya all day and getting paid for it. I'm on a level of WOKE that you couldn't dream of being if u ever even became WOKE

>using sata power

So it's really something like this That fan hub is probably faulty, contact the manufacturer of that case and try to get replacement. You can also connect your fans directly to the mainboard.

Whats wrong with it

I once fried a floppy drive by unknowingly connecting the power offset by one pin.

bruh

Attached: 6.jpg (800x960, 200K)

based wagie to neet poster

How the fuck did you manage that with a Berg or Molex connector?

i hope you can fix this, but can I just say... you're really bad at taking photos. you don't have to close your eyes when the flash goes off.