Can you please stop fudding GNOME? It's our only chance of ever having a mainstream Linux UI that doesn't suck dick

Can you please stop fudding GNOME? It's our only chance of ever having a mainstream Linux UI that doesn't suck dick.

Attached: gnome.png (1915x1030, 992K)

No
I liked Gnome 2
I hate Gnome 3

This. G2 was decent. G3 was fucking garbage.

Didn't they have malware on their extention store?

Except that it sucks dick just like its devs. It's 2019, a single rogue extension shouldn't be able to nuke the entire session.

KDE exists

Its not in their store. You need to install/git clone it to your extension folder

I love GNOME and KDE
I'm a daily user of BSPWM and Window Maker but I love those two desktops.

People that get elitist about desktops, or any software really, are mental midgets.

(OP)
I love white dick and black dick
I'm a daily sucker of latino dick and asian dick but I love those two dicks.

People that get elitist about dicks, or any genitals really, are mental midgets.

as an BSPWM and FVWM user i suggest to kys.
the only full blown DE worth considering is XFCE
fuck toyish looking bloated macOS ripoff DEs. stop making linux appeal to brainlet normies.
even my moms hated gnome when i installed jewbuntu on her t450s. xubuntu solved the problem.

>thinking I'm going to listen to some mentally ill depressed retard online
Aqua Compositor is fine, only problem I have with it is that it's proprietary.
Maybe if you weren't poor and could afford something besides a Lenovo FagPad, then you wouldn't hate software just because you don't use it (and can't run).

Attached: 53BxSAg.jpg (1008x1280, 220K)

Elementary OS is good for mainstream, that's what Gnome should've been

with performance worse than Windows 10, shell extensions written in fucking javascript, memory leak that would lead to session crash remaining in the """stable""" release for like a year, and purely practical configurability more limited than of Android yet faces the same shitty issues as any other linux environment. it looks good from distance but it is not usable and i'm saying as someone who does design. they spraypainted pig in silver.

the most usable and reliable normiefriendly thing linux has that at least will not flat out crash are xfce and mate which are noting but weird archaic knockoffs of windows xp interface

>javascript
the absolute state

Well ok I'm using GNOME and the only thing that bothers me is the performance. I will literally have to buy a more expensive computer just to run the DE.

>only chance of ever having a mainstream Linux UI
>its a toddler tier laggy shitty buggy javascript desktop

>shell extensions written in fucking javascript
gjs is just the scripting language for the gobject shit under the hood. this isn't a valid criticism.

Does anyone else really dislike most icons Linux developers use for their programs? A lot of them really irk me, they have the same aesthetic as the (carrier/company) preloaded apps on very cheap Android tablets.

Not really.

Thank you for making the connection. And flat / material design shit is just lazier but no better

agreed. they're making a better looking and slightly less retarded gnome than gnome devs

Attached: 1563648174.png (2560x1440, 598K)

Gnome only becomes a good DE after tinkering with it. You have to use extensions to add basic desktop functionalities and remove retarded "features".
Ubuntu's Gnome flavour is good because it already gives you all of that out of the box.

But why settle for Gnome when KDE exists?

Because KDE isn't that great. It only becomes good after you config it. I just want a DE that stays out of my way so I don't have to even think about my DE. KDE just looks like plastic

I want to fuck Lala.

fix the lag overhead so it's usable

gnome is shit because the developers are cunts
poor documentation, random changes, and just constant entitlement
no software based on their libraries can be good

>Gnome only becomes a good DE after tinkering with it.
This is one of the biggest misconceptions about GNOME. You can think of vanilla GNOME whatever you want, but it is almost the best way to experience GNOME (the best one being GNOME with gnome-tweaks installed).
Trying to make GNOME your usual desktop experience is wasted effort. If you want a traditional desktop environment then there are more than enough good alternatives out there. Tinkering with GNOME to make it something it isn't will only lead to frustration.

i liked unity better. gnome feels just as locked down as macos. if i will shill a de for normalfags it will be either xfce, cinnamon or kde.

>It only becomes good after you config it.
Sounds like less effort that doing that AND installing hack-y extentions so Gnome becomes useful as well.
>I just want a DE that stays out of my way so I don't have to even think about my DE.
Listen to and stick to Pantheon then.

>sounds less effort than doing that AND installing hacky extensions.
Nah I just installed Fedora, updooted, install caffeine plugin, changed the wallpaper and then I could just use my computer
>Listen to bunch of faggots and stick to Pantheon
How can I stick to Pantheon if I don't even use it in the first place.

Unity was based.

I started using Linux in 1993, and exclusively shortly after. GNOME 3 is the sole reason I started buying Microsoft Windows licenses a few years ago. I'm not sad to say I run Windows 10 on my personal desktop & laptops now. I still use Linux on my work laptops, but "desktop" on Linux is absolute horseshit these days. I liked WindowMaker and GNOME 1.4 & 2 the most. KDE 1-3 was OK, but I didn't use it because GNOME was better at the time. KDE 4 went batshit, and GNOME followed suit. So sad that Windows 10 is the best desktop there is now.

I'm saying that you should instead of sticking with objectively inferior shitty desktop experience.
Fedora allows you to choose it during the install since 30.

Gnome is retarded

>I'm saying
I don't care
>Fedora has pantheon since 30
Tried it, didn't like it.
I'm not going to use my computer according to your autistic shit.

>It's our only chance of ever having a mainstream Linux UI that doesn't suck dick.
The Mice shall one day rule these lands

Attached: Xfce_logo.svg.png (2000x2000, 672K)

A
FUCKING
FOOT

MATE is decent. Budgie is decent. Pantheon is decent. But Gnome 3? Absolute trash.

it is not FUD if it is true

Attached: gnome_from_bugzilla_to_gitlab.png (1260x752, 106K)

>lol you want a feature? implement it yourself
>we are not trying to convert anybody
>use whatever DE you want if you do not want to use gnome
meanwhile redhat

Attached: gtkdevs.png (873x586, 76K)

>Can you please stop fudding GNOME? It's our only chance of ever having a mainstream Linux UI that doesn't suck dick.
GNOME is literally the worst UI in the history of Linux. Stop fucking shilling this shit you ginormous cockgagging niggerfaggot.
This.

>*WONTFIXES YOUR ISSUE*

Attached: mc2.png (1002x330, 39K)

>oh so you wanted to save to the parent directory instead?
>why would you want to do that?

Attached: gtk_save_to_parent_dir.webm (1024x768, 2.05M)

truth

kde and lxqt best DEs

xfce is the top dog on gtk shit mountain. a good position in a very ugly place. there are better DEs.

crippled bloatware. budgie is better if you need a gtk3-based desktop.

this

>i liked unity better.
you guys get it. unity is what gnome 3 should have been.

yup.

Attached: 5047444492_b78a2b2b35_b.jpg (1024x683, 127K)

If you want the new redditors to switch to Linux then just tell them
GNOME 3: Shit but use if you are new, then switch to KDE

>guise look at this [HCI-study targeted at people who have never used a computer before with questionable generalizability] that I found
>cool, lets throw out the old type-to-select behaviour of our file-chooser and force users to search instead
>what about the people who want a toggle for the old behaviour?
>lol just WONTFIX their issues dude

Attached: literally_a_foot.png (1540x1067, 243K)

>Can you please stop fudding GNOME
No one has ever said "please stop fudding KDE" or "please stop fudding Xfce" because they are decent DEs with their own merits. GNOME justs sucks a big hairy dick. Deal with it GNOMEfags you picked a shit tablet UI because the GNOMEbeaners thought it was a good idea a decade ago.

>lol lets add a bunch of vertical padding to the sidebar bookmarks
>we have a handful of users who use touch-devices after all

Attached: icons.png (211x563, 27K)

>who could possibly want to have all their bookmarked locations visible on screen at the same time without scrolling?

Attached: gnome.png (82x809, 15K)

gnome is an unusable apple clone.
kde is a bloated windows clone.
just use lxqt.

ECOSYSTEM
C
O

Attached: 1562379243125.png (1333x620, 144K)

ok I am done ranting for now

Attached: 1491932524990.png (742x828, 151K)

>Posts a complaint against a dead for years DE. Good job, brainiac.

This made me completely disregard gnome as a desktop environment. Removing standard behavior from something as basic as this. Who is their fucking target children?

The average GNOME basher is too retarded to understand it, it’s not yet another clone of Windows that they’re already familiar with so it’s bad. I’m not saying that GNOME is perfect, but a lot of the hate is just people not understanding the concepts of GNOME.

I used to use Gnome 3 (on Manjaro) but then when I started making and using my own install scripts (for installing programs and setting up my wallpapers folder etc) it would (the terminal) continuously crash whilst downloading it took three attempts to try and get things set-up taking longer than what I was trying to avoid with the install script. On Debian (XFCE) and Arch (i3) I had no problems.

>the concepts of a desktop environment

LMAO
The mental tricks that gnomeboos reach is absolutely

lol you talk exactly like gtk devs tend to
>muh concepts
they do retarded stuff like make typing in a list of files start a search instead of jumping to the first file that matches what you typed
behaviour that is almost universally used anywhere but in gnome

or they make everything adapted to touch devices even if it is detrimental to every other device or to users who use their devices more than 20-60 minutes a day

MEANWHILE despite talking about "concepts" they lack basic shit like image previews
image previews being basic features is something they themselves even used as a reason for going to a shitty "modern web" issue tracker

Attached: reee.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

I don't think there's much to understand. It's just unfamiliar for most people.
Didn't like it as well when I first switched from Windows to Linux. It was just too different from what I knew. Now, a few years later, I realized that I stopped using the things, which GNOME was missing for me back then, anyway.

GNOME's software suite is still shit though.

why ricefags even care about gnome

if gnome 2 is anything like mate then it sucks dick. i prefer gnome 3. gnome 3 would be perfect if it weren't bloated. that's the only problem with it

Attached: sana pervert.webm (640x360, 1.25M)

gnome devs are the wrost