I posted this in pcbg but I need to get everyone's input on something

I posted this in pcbg but I need to get everyone's input on something.

Why does Jow Forums insist on PC building being so boring? Like we all realize that you can choose the cheapest parts for a build, but why do you guys force those same parts on everyone for the same of 'performance'? A lot of people just want to mess around and tinker, and are asking if the parts have some sort of unknown fatal flaw or recall, not if it fits in Jow Forums's little ecosystem. I get the engineer's mindset, how you want every PC to be 'the best' that it can be, but what you're actually doing is ruining PC building for a lot of people, and ruining it on a macro level as well as a lot of new builders aren't encouraged to try new solutions and combinations to suit their personal style. Heck, there's nothing inherently wrong with buying a part, realizing that it isn't a good fit, and then selling it later and buying something with a more informed decision, vs being literally pressured to buy something and then the new builder is in an awful spot when the build doesn't work. Please guys, stop ruining everything you put your little fingers on.

Attached: pcbuilding.jpg (1500x1000, 288K)

Jow Forums isn't your daddy. It has no authority over you. It can't force you to do shit.

Just do what you like retard.

fuck you, i did do what i wanted and it worked out. i'm talking about all the first time builders that don't realize Jow Forums is full of biased shit

>Why does Jow Forums insist on PC building being so boring?
after you've been doing such things for decades (i've been doing this sort of thing for 25+ years), it's just routine. it's always nice to build brand new machines but the best part is turning them on.. and they work! and getting money. getting money is the best part.
> but what you're actually doing is ruining PC building for a lot of people, and ruining it on a macro level as well as a lot of new builders aren't encouraged to try new solutions and combinations to suit their personal style
i think you're just a drama queen.

First time builders shouldn't come here

>literally pressured
Grow a sack you utter faggot. Do whatever you want with your own money.

A computer is a system with inputs and outputs and different levels of processing power along a handful of important dimensions. Optimizing for a few popular tasks isn't a complicated thing.

>but I need to get everyone's input
that's not what i took away from your screed

Never listen to Jow Forums for any kind of advice, I got a 9900K out of spite with 4000mhz ram and a 5ghz all core overclock just to dab on street shitters, And guess what? I've got the faster rig for gaming than any of these lemming will have for at least another couple of years. NEVER listen to Jow Forums.

Attached: Stock.png (1382x2535, 126K)

pretty much this OP

>Why does Jow Forums insist on PC building being so boring? Like we all realize that you can choose the cheapest parts for a build, but why do you guys force those same parts on everyone for the same of 'performance'?
PC building is fun if you're making a frankensteinien monster out of existing PCs
other than that, we know what we're looking for, and just want to use the computer itself, not make it look pretty & fuck with dressing cables that are all too long and too short
computers have become so /v/irginized it's unreal
*sips* I remember when computers were actually fun, and then I installed gentoo and learned about x86 vulnerabilities and what a clusterfuck the entire architecture is, not to mention the nonfree blobs that are required just to operate the hardware you've purchased with your hard-earned dollars.
there is no more tinkering. there is no more magic in building computers. with shit like pcpartpicker, building computers has become as rudimentary as using a screwdriver with legos.

no one is preventing you from buying the Aorus motherboard with almost 10% failure rate or ANUS with their trash build quality motherboards. Feel free to buy that cheap ass nigger tier chink SSD only for it to provide slower speed than a 7200RPM HDD and for it to die on you two months later. If you want to experiment with junk, go ahead. Just don't come back crying to us about it.

That's why he should do his own research other than listening to Jow Forums's bias opinion, Search engines are a thing.

>1080p

1080p is more CPU intensive because the GPU has less work to do per-frame. test 1080p for CPU, 4k for GPU

AMD fans don't seem to understand this or just flat out deny it as a feasible metric. More the reason why poor and stupid people use amd products.

>buying a 500 USD cpu for high numbers
no one in their right mind would spend money on RTX 2080Ti and 9900k/3900x would play on anything less than 144Hz/1440p. This renders these 1080p benchmarks utterly and absolutely useless for your average consumer.

So fucking based

Attached: 1559924690469.png (334x346, 127K)

I max out my 1080ti all the time at 1080p using a high refresh rate display. fewer than 5% of everyone that has a computer use 1440p

honest question, why aren't you on high Hz 1440p? I have a 1080Ti myself and i upgraded from 1080p to 1440p and i can never go back.

Because i bought it 3 years ago and it still looks great to me. I'm a frame rate addict and a higher resolution will just drop my fps anyways, Not saying it won't look great but it just doesn't interest me until i get a faster card.

you know that you can customize most of the settings on your game. and a lot of these settings make no visual difference. I mean, with the right settings, I can push majority of the games to +100 Hz at 1440p, pair that with Gay sync and you're golden. Unless your'e a professional UT player or something.

Link me a post right now where someone said they should buy a prebuilt. No one said they shouldn't build their own, idiot. The problem is people building their pc and thinking HOLY SHIT I MUST BE 200IQ TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO THIS I DEFINITELY FIT IN HERE WITH ALL THE PROGRAMMERS AND SYSADMINS

Well actually user, "Professional" CS:GO player here and among other games, I may have a 9900K with a 1080ti but i sort of shot my wad with that one. I can't afford another monitor atm or else i'd be rocking a titan v and a 1ms 144hz 1440p monster. Anyways, It's still a pretty great performing monitor. 1ms latency 144hz is ideal for me right now.

computer is just a kernel.

>OP IS A FAG
if you're coming here to ask how to build a PC the lowest common denominator answer is best 99% of people here are builing a generic PC for generic workloads and want to spend as little money as possible.
If you don't want to take advice from the net of a million lies, I would suggest maybe not asking.
If you have money to burn and want to learn by trial, like many here have. They don't start by posting here. They come here with that knowledge and wouldn't ask how to obtain it.

People just want working computers and to move on with their lives.

If you're going to tinker don't ask "how do i build a PC" try and fail and when you can't figure out anymore ask for help with the very specific problem you're having. Otherwise RTFM and fuck off

>TLDR FUCK OFF

how much money do you/did you make so far from your career? and how do you even get into professional CSGO gaming?

>Ask for advice
>"lmao, just do whatever you want bro"
Yeah, that would be SUPER helpful when I'm just looking for advice on whether a particular piece of hardware is worthwhile or not. Let me explain something that your tiny brain is incapable of comprehending. If I'm coming here asking for general advice, it's because I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm looking for a starting point, in which case I want to be directed to the most sensible decisions as a place to start my own research, NOT looking for people to basically tell me to buy whatever bits I want and figure it out as I go. If I come asking for specific advice, then I'm obviously zeroing in on what I want already and I'm asking to find out if it has any obvious flaws I wasn't aware of. I don't want /pcbg/ to tell me that my GPU decision is great because it's MY decision and I'm a special snowflake, when really that GPU has a nasty history of overheating and causing crashes. I want the information.
If someone has already made the decision to come here and ask for advice it's because they DON'T want to just buy whatever the fuck, they want to do more research or outright be told what to buy, and they've already made that decision.

>test 1080p for CPU, 4k for GPU
That's wrong retard, test for the conditions you're going to be gaming under.

i hate how every single test is in "ULTRA GAYMAN SETTINGS WITH x8 MSAA". I miss the days when they tested for Medium settings. Nowadays the tests are all about "muh blue dick VS muh red dick" instead of testing for real life gaming conditions and putting the consumer first.

Well.....none, I have a job. You have to use the term professional loosely. I'm just a serious competitor.

hardcore is the word you're looking for user.
you're welcome.

>I HAVE A RIGHT TO GET BURNED DONT RUIN MY FUN BY RECOMMENDING THINGS THAT ARE KNOWN TO WORK WELL

Well feel free to be retarded, brainlet.

You're the kind of person that would recommend bulldozer just because it works. Jow Forums is a bias community full of brand loyalist and only cares about what parts they and other cronies are using because "it works". All be damned if they use something that you're not, And don't you dare buy something more expensive and proven because i'll get mad and shame you. You have to ask yourself who really is the retarded brainlet cuck in this thread.

Attached: 6b5.png (1006x813, 73K)

Attached: yuy.gif (320x240, 2.17M)

Buy ryzen goyim!!

there's no value in a middle of the road test; how do you even define the parameters?
how do you decide what motherboard, what gpu, what cpu fits within a "medium" oriented build?
testing for the best is better simply because there are only a relative handful of components that can even be considered.

You define the parameters based on how you intend to run the games. I'm going to buy a 1440p monitor so why the fuck would I look at 4k testing? It means nothing to me.

Attached: retard_r_u_ok.png (773x935, 480K)

again, your specific parameters have no value to anyone aside from yourself.
by all means, publish tests done under your own conditions.

I respect this boomer

Should've gone with the 9900KF. Basically the same for less and you're only missing the craptastic iGPU

I'd want to have some kind of a failsafe if my card were to ever die on me. I don't mind it.

Lots of people play at 1440 you tard.

For $80 you could've gotten like a 570 when they go on sale

...okay?
just because you define "medium" settings as 1440p gaming doesn't mean other people do.

this is why testing middle of the road builds is pointless, because there's no objective metric to define the parameters.
once you open the idea of compromise, what exactly people are willing to compromise on changes from person to person.

>being proud of spending 40% more for except in everything non-gaming, where the 3900X easily dabs on the 9900K
Based and redpilled

Attached: 1562902236522.png (366x286, 6K)

It was bought in January so it wasn't really an option for a KF variant, But yeah i'd probably just have a 1030 on hand for emergency purposes.

The most common gaming resolutions right now are 1080, 1440 and 4k. How is 1440 not the medium there?

because resolution is only one aspect of performance.

>a lot of new builders aren't encouraged to try new solutions

Holy fuck you're retarded

No shit new builders aren't advised to fuck around with their shit, they're beginners

Even kingpin and derbauer were beginners once, do you think they immediately into LN2 cooling?

Absolute fucking retard. If beginners want the PC they spent their actual money on, then recommending shit you know is easy to get running is the only thing that makes sense

I'm not a lemming cuck like yourself and know how to push it's true potential, Over the coarse of 2-3 months I've tuned it to the point of perfection and i enjoy the amount of adjustment you can do to the chip. Ryzen is fucking boring in comparison, You can't do anything tune wise to it because it's stretched to it's limit out of the box. It's boring. The single core on my rig is superior than that of a 3900X. Undervolted to 1.336v Locked voltage at 5ghz and 4.7ghz ring frequency. Memory tweaked to it's absolute at 4000mhz cas 16.

Attached: geekbench.jpg (867x835, 148K)

are you actually suggesting that any tests done on 1080p builds should be considered done on low settings?

I mean it's cool that you enjoy tweaking CPUs, but don't try to argue that the 9900K is ever a good deal or idea. It just isn't, my dude.

Attached: 1560269578774.gif (200x150, 851K)

It's faster for what i use it for and still is. Yeah it was more expensive, I wanted the best single core performer at the time and ryzen wasn't it. This was put together in january and a 2700x was not an option.

the only thing that's changed is that there isn't widespread compatibility problems with every single piece of computer equipment. You can still buy weird ass parts and try to get them to work. i bought some gimmicky ass fans and a gimmicky cpu cooler, i could just be a good little goy and buy noctua because everyone says to but i didn't and i had fun trying to fit oversized fans in my case

that isn't to say that there isn't an appeal to rudimentary tinkering and the possibility of knowedge being esoteric, i was deep in the wii homebrew scene and can probably tell you as much about the wii's operating system and architecture as one of their software engineers but i'm not going to pretend that compatibility charts with IOS versions and cIOS variants that negate the tinkering weren't good things for everyone

>This was put together in january and a 2700x was not an option.
I think it's time to upgrade, user.

Attached: 1563424842056.gif (606x346, 2.01M)

Why would i want to downgrade?

So just like the rest of my cs teammates you're retarded. Professional means it's your profession.

This is you. You can't have an actual human conversation, So you you come in thread's to be a ignorant fucking hillbilly to have your hyuks and go back to the shithole bayou you came from.

Attached: Untitled.png (396x405, 182K)

Jow Forums is a technology board, not an IT board you gate-keeping tranny