Name your favorite linux distro

Looking to put something (probably Mint Cinnamon) on my home machine now that I've started using it at work more. Is Mint a solid distro to use coming from Windows? Thanks Jow Forumsents

Attached: 1563647112876.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

yes mint is good and comfy entry level distro
also amazing tardjak

Arch

Same here, Ubuntu is shit

Don't listen to all the meme distros people throw out there. Mint is a great choice coming from windows because it's designed so you never have to use a terminal, so you can learn at your own pace.

Slackware.
Hey, you asked for my favourite, not which one I'd recommend.

Mageia Linux

Mint is fine from Windows but a time will come when you want to be able to do whatever you want and for that you'll be better off with Arch.

For me, it's Arch

kali

Fedora

Yes! Mint is what brought me over from Windows. Cheers!

Coming from Windows? Manjaro, hands down.

OpenSUSE. My favorite daily distro since 11.4

i promised an user i would never shill again :( but i want to so bad

To me, Debian stable + flatpaks is the best balance between usability, productivity and learning about Linux. You'll be absolutely bug-free (but also outdated) for most of your apps, which is where flatpaks come in for the apps you need to be up-to-date.

ubuntu

Yes, use Linux Mint. Even people not using it recommends it to new users.

I use CRUX btw

Mint is good if you want the same interface as Windows (taskbar at the bottom, start menu at the bottom right). Mint is based on Ubuntu, so if you're fine with a slightly different UI (not hard to adapt at all), you can also just install regular Ubuntu or one of its flavors (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Mate etc).

Use Arch or Manjaro for pacman. The arch system is also simpler with less bullshit. There is little reason to use anything else.

I'm too stupid to install arch :(
My friend and I tried 4 times and gave up. Maybe next time.
I'll just stick to Void Linux for now

use cfdisk to partition then mkfs, mkswap/swapon and pacstrap. follow the last few bits to set your hostname, keyboard layout and new user. you should be good to go

gentoo when it works
when it doesn't it's a pain

That's the easy part. Mounting the efi airways has problems. Both trying the systemd-boot and Grub way resulted in the same problem. I managed to get it work, but that posed another problem about not finding vmlinuz shit. At that point I've been going at it for 5 hours from 1am till 6am. I'll try tackling it another time.

Forgive my phonefag errors. I can't even you're in English, I'm not worthy of arch