When will television finally die?

when will television finally die?

Attached: GettyImages-620924917%20(1).jpg (960x640, 433K)

it'll still be a while. I don't have one, don't want one, see no need for one. My old mother has one and she watches it all evening every day. TVs will die with the people who watch it, so 30+ years or so - based on my impression that people over 50 watch tv and people under don't.

Now THAT'S a rustic chair!

It won't, it'll evolve.

Smart TV's are just computers with an internet connection.

Eventually Netflix-like services (Disney, Hulu, YouTube, etc.) will become the new "Cable TV". And thus we start the cycle anew.

Only, you know, worse for privacy and stuff. But hey, at least now we get to watch series on demand.

SOON

I thought it already did, I hadn't watched television in years

Did television kill radio?
Use your fucking brain

Netflix is the modern TV

It's probably going to be a while. Boomers are probably the only ones still watching cable TV. I told my parents they can watch literally anything they want through a streaming service but they still insist on watching TV according to the schedule and then complain about reruns and ads. People in their 20s and 30s own a smart TV for Netflix. Younger people seem to watch everything on their phones.

When all the boomers do.

This

I heard boomers tell me that they prefer TV because the ad breaks give them time to go to the toilet.
When I told them they could just pause the video at any time when streaming, they got angry. Boomers dislike change greatly.

I pirate everything and use my RPi connected to my tv

Name one good TV show on right now. I bet nobody can. Broadcast TV will be completely dead in 5 years.

My boomer mother religiously watches the evening news to see what the weather will be like for the rest of the week. She gets irritated when I tell her she can check the weather anytime on channel 5, on her unused ipad anytime and by asking alexa on the echo I bought her. She watches the news first at 6 and then the rebroadcast of the same thing at 10. The other 90% of her viewing is reality shows which is the same shows going on for 10-20 years.

Past a certain age you cannot break old habits. I cannot imagine anyone under 40 watching this boomervision shit. The whole cable industry will die in 20 years.

we fear change

TV didn't kill radio because radios come with every car and don't require a subscription

And you can listen to the radio while at the same time driving or working. The two things most adults spend their day doing. You can't do that with TV.

>the ad breaks give them time to go to the toilet
I hated that. I remember having to hurry because back in the 90s you had short commercial breaks. Nowadays you're lucky if a break is less than 7 or minutes.

Fuck TV

*7 or 8

Nope, everyone already saw that you are a retard that can not type.

>m-muh botnet
>muh privacy
>I couldn't tell you anything about the subject but Jow Forums told me (((they)))re stealing my information to hurt me so it must be true

Goldbergs is probably the best show on broadcast TV right now

My parents spend their nights watching shitty TV shows. My sister spends her nights watching shitty Netflix shows. It's basically the same thing.

LivePD
LiveRescue

this and based
unironically want to buy a TV for that

my wife and I have one because my wife hates computers.
but the T.V will just became a smart T.V at the momment there is only a few and most of them don't have intergated blu-ray (which it should)

But I doub't it will die untill every channel stops appeling to normies
I stoped watching T.V 12 years ago

the on ly real reason to own a tv is for consoles and for watching the news nothing more.

This. Unless digital services pick up TV's "interface"(the ease of channel flipping and surfing), older folks will never, ever, ever drop it, period.
All my mother ever watches is hallmark channel, HSN, and local stations, and mindlessly flips through shit without settling on anything when those don't have her attention, so I also tried to introduce her to some services with those and she wouldn't have any of it, even though it costs $80-100 or so to pay the cable company instead over the $30-40 or so streaming would ask.
I thought the money difference at least would make an impact, but that's how important it is, I guess.

Dumb fucking zoomers. Ya, cable TV will probably die, but not rabbit ears.
I use fucking TV you faggots. Just get a cheap antenna, watch star trek, the football games, PBS ken burns docs or late night garbage like cheaters. shitty shows like Macgyver or that 70s show. Most of the content is 720 or 1080p.

Why won't it die? Its literally fucking free! You just have to watch ads, which actually seems fair compared to cable or jewtube.

Attached: 51ByirOmpwL._SX425_[1].jpg (425x425, 12K)

You make privacy issues sound like rocket science. The user was totally right regarding losing privacy increasingly. I didn't know this was even controversial statement.

Take your needs to be fucking Schizo.

Never, it is the main brain washing tool.

It's already dead in my country (France). It's just a propaganda medium that has given completely up on quality.
And the ads, oh god the fucking 8 min of ads put in the middle of a 40 min episode without the slightest care for a proper cut...
My mother keeps complaining about how there never was as many free channels, yet so few good things to watch on TV. Even her, your stereotypical boomer, has now understood the concept of VOD and has claimed my laptop for watching TV.
>Why won't it die? Its literally fucking free! You just have to watch ads, which actually seems fair compared to cable or jewtube.
How is that any different from Youtube, except that you can't block or skip ads on TV ?

TV will survive as long as there are boomers who will continue buying their good goy cable packages for 150 dollars a month so they can watch boomer news like CNN/Fox where literally half the airtime is commercials for mypillow and adult diapers

never

as said, tv will evolve and the masses will continue self imposed brainwashing, or maybe when the masses die off tv will die too

It will die dumb boomer. Having to turn on the TV at the right time to watch something is 20th century. Even if you have a recording device it won't help if you realized too late that something is on.

Not anytime soon, normalfags (especially the "proles") love shitty TV shows.

But only boomers watch standard cable/broadcast TV. Millennials/zoomers either stick to youtube, pirate, or use streaming like netflix or HBO go.

As in cable TV? It will take a while for sure. It was hugely popular and it will take some time to taper off and die completely. TV as in the devices themselves won't be going anywhere, they'll just pull video from the internet and local devices.

Old media rarely die completely. They gradually decline until they become a niche thing for hobbyists.