So why is the installation wiki complete garbage...

So why is the installation wiki complete garbage? Why should I opt out of the comfy Windows 10 ecosystem for something that just doesn't work even if you follow the manual and watch multiple installation guides?

Or is the problem mostly me and my VM?

Attached: windows10_so_comfy.jpg (2154x214, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/EFISTUB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Give it back, Jamal.

remount with write access you mong?

>Grub

Use literally any other bootloader, senpai.

cos you didn't mount it right chief
also i'd recommend you xubuntu lts
and btw i use arch

Ain't broke, don't fix. And what bootloaders other than GRUB even exist anyway?(excluding refind)

I'd mount her if you know what i mean

>VM
found your problem

Arch might not be the best first step, coming from Windows.

The main one besides those two is the systemd project's systemd-boot. There are a couple other legacy ones such as Syslinux that are irrelevant since you're using UEFI.

Outside of that, you can bypass using a bootloader entirely since you're using UEFI, though I make no promises that it works well in a VM specifically because I've never tried it. wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/EFISTUB

(pic related) yes i did

naw, I don't like roasties

Yet other youtubers can correctly install it (be it they are on MBR and not GPT partion)

Attached: arch_shitux.jpg (2526x597, 100K)

use xubuntu winfaggot
im doing you a favor

idk about vm but irl 6g is min for /
10g is more realistic

more if you want kde and stuff

use fosshub's installation guide
much easier to understand and it isn't arch wiki level trash

also; i'd recommend ubuntu, mint or a variant of it. it's going to be much better for you.

Seriously "bleeding edge" can't even make a modernized shell.

Even with this error started up at Shell and had to add a arch file as a boot option.
Linux users are like amish people. The technology is there yet they rather use lanterns, hammers and mortars. I doubt most off you are even employed or studying to further your career.

Attached: literally_a_distro_for_people_with_no_jobs_and_life.jpg (1222x713, 102K)

>uses shit shell
>hurrr why is the shell shit

>Use a distro that's famous for dropping the user into a text-only shell after install
>Surprised when you're dropped into a text-only shell after install

You missunderstand. I am aleays tossed into the interactive UEFI shell and have to manually choose a file to boot into arch terminal.

Attached: shell.jpg (1600x975, 145K)

so why do you want something you can't into

>he fell for the arch meme