Does Jow Forums still use IRC?

Do you guys still use IRC in 2019?

If yes, Why and what networks/channels?

Attached: ircpilled.png (418x80, 3K)

Yes, use it for chatting around SDF stuff.

Yes and none of your business.

>Why
Because changing protocols for the sake of changing protocols is retarded. IRC just works. It was here before all the stupid apps that are apparently going to kill it, and it'll be here long after they're gone.
>Networks
Freenode.
>Channels.
Development stuff.

yes
not going to tell you loser
my channel is the best

No I don't have cool irc friends

99.9% of irc "users" are just idling bots

for me it's private tracker IRCs

Yes
The one with macbot

I used to idle on freenode but I never need help with Linux anymore so I stopped.

Getting books and sometimes anime from horriblesubs

What client do you guys use?

erc

Yes, to download unseeded anime

irssi.

only an idiot would give away a channel worth using on a site this big

I used to use erc, but switched to rcirc
#emacs #haskell #nixos on freenode

>#emacs #haskell #nixos on freenode
>not #emacs #guile #guix

When I wanna reach out to my boy abib and help me with some stuff

>I used to use erc, but switched to rcirc
Is is superior? Why?
Tbh I'm using erc because it's the default and is built-in.

>horriblesubs
i get older anime from #horriblesubs.
older torrents have almost zero seeders (download speed like 20 kbps)

This here
weechat

unironically #gentoo is really good at support stuff. if you want to see a dead one go to #lfs-support on freenode.

rcirc is also built-in nowadays. I switched mostly because I was having trouble with erc failing to log me in with nickserv some of the time. rcirc seems generally closer to how I'd like by default, so my config for it is simpler.

I would, if guile was lazy by default and had either kmett or conal working in it.

Ok, I'll have a look at it. Thanks

lemmi ask differently - what areas aren't dead besides it?

download anime

irc is uncomfortable for normies, so it's pretty safe

noticed how a lot as in a whole lot of development channels have basically become relays for rooms over at either telegram or matrix? It's specially concerning that a majority of KDE related projects are purely telegram based now. It's pretty clear that they don't even use free software themselves.

anything where a gui is a major component, or where ui is the central project is a magnet for worse people.

Matrix is trying to bridge every communications protocol on the internet. The old adage about Jack of all trades comes to mind. IRC

Yes, Freenode/Rizon networks are cool, come in with us at #Jow Forumsftp in Rizon

I do.
Irc is peak comfy and the least suck of all chat protocols.
I'm on freenode, oftc, cyberia, and an irc run by a group of people at a computer science and engineering college I was in.
#cat-v #bitreich-en #cyberpunk #lainchan #cyberia #trivia
I've been trying to get znc to work nice with oftc so I can route #suckless too
ZNC and weechat
I periodically connect from my phone using yaaic.

weechat + matrix is what I'm betting on for the future, ircv3 will also be good, still kind of wary for VOIP with matrix and e2e encryption though, but that's hardly my biggest priority
yeah, on irc you can have actual conversations, it's refreshing when I haven't used it for a while. everyone feels so much more "real" even if they're just memeing about

Yeah. Rizon and freenode for me.

freenode efnet and one private / secret network. Efnet is garbage so if you're gonna launch a channel don't do it there and if you're thinking of joining a channel don't. I mostly just shitpost, the channels I'm in I've been in for years

I use it for work

I used IRC since the mid 90s, both for socializing, games, and warez. I actually miss it, it was peak nerd communication, but i have no reason to go back other than just being a lonely NEET. So i just shitpost here instead.

>all the people who don't want to give out what irc channels they hang out in because muh sekrit club
have sex incels

Lil' Zoom is angry again, better give your favorite streamer their cut and hope they mention your name.

Attached: 1563188302808.jpg (438x430, 16K)

#priyom is still crowded

>Do you guys still use IRC in 2019?
Yes
>Why
Because irc channels are comfier most of the time and I can access them from any of my machines that are connected to the internet.
>networks/channels
freenode, tho I used to go on quakenet too.