Are 2 core 4 thread processors still relevant?

Are 2 core 4 thread processors still relevant?

Girlfriend's 2 y/o laptop ate a weiner and she needs a new school-tier one for cheap. Found several cheap thinkpads with SSDs and 8G RAM, but he used market for processors is yikes to say he least. Will a 6 year old i7 4600m even be able to run Win10 with Google Chrome and office?

I use a much shittier laptop at work but it's Arch, so, you know...

Pic unrelated

Attached: Screenshot_20190423-160908_Snapchat.jpg (1080x1920, 797K)

lol who cares you don't have to use it, let her find her own fucking laptop so she can't bitch when something goes wrong.

Get at least the i7 4612mq

>Will a 6 year old i7 4600m even be able to run Win10 and office
Of course, i run Win10 LTSC and MS Office on a 13 year old low voltage core 2 duo thinkpad.
>with Google Chrome
no idea about that gay shit, probably not

and it runs slow as fuck for you though.

You are gonna get her some second hand piece of shit and she is going to complain non stop to you about everything because she is fucking retarded.

Eventually she will blame you for wasting her money and buy a macbook or some shit instead.

False, there's little difference in casual usage when compared to a 4300M T440p, both with SSDs.

Lol I'm not gonna buy it

huh, how much ram?

your relationships with women must be terrible. worse than mine somehow.

4GB on the c2d, 12GB on the T440p
Wanted to upgrade the c2d to 8gb but 4GB DDR2 SODIMMS are like $40 each
13 years later and still no upgrade from this thing ffs

my t60 has a c2d and 2gb ram and runs slow as fuck. it runs void as well though, but has a hdd. guess I should upgrade to a cheap ssd huh

You can get a 256G ssd for like 25 USD

i5-4300m here, no problems whatsoever with basic web browsing and office work. Still blows the current low-end chips out of the water and trades blows with recent 2/4 U chips

Mine is an X61t, 12" 1400x1050 IPS in tablet mode is great for muh manga and MS Onenote.
>but has a hdd
Well yeah, I'm pretty sure this thing would be straight unusable with a hdd.

Be a good bf, make her happy, buy her an Apple laptop

I meant more that it has a HDD instead of an SSD.
Yea I should do that soon.

Yeah the gf needs a laptop to type with, let's get her an old 15lbs i7 with a 30min used-battery life

Install gentoo.
Unironically.

4600M is basically a i3 4130 for ref , should run googlet fine
Consider upgrading to a 120Gb ssd and a 4700MQ (double the cores)

This.

Just buy her a new MacBook Air (2019) at edu pricing ($999) with free beats.

/thread

listen to this tripfag, as insufferable as he is. This is why I don't fix people's shit anymore, they assume that because you're the last person to touch it, it's your fault it's broken, not theirs for being tech ignorant.

This.
>trying to clean friends old alienware
>put it together, everything works
>couple of days later the AC port goes (common on that model)
>his negress step-mom try's to get me to give him my own dell or pay $500 to fix his 4 year old laptop

Get her thinkpad t400, libreboot it and install arch Linux with i3wm and emacs/vim and LaTeX

Fuck you jordan