I need to buy a vacuum cleaner for the new apartment. Is Dyson really the best...

I need to buy a vacuum cleaner for the new apartment. Is Dyson really the best? And why do they make them battery powered now?

Which vacuum to buy? (I’m in Switzerland.)

Attached: 9E14424B-B200-4053-9D63-E7BFCADF60FE.jpg (1500x1500, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCvavJlMjlTd4wLwi9yKCtew
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Miele is better, even if it looks much more generic than Dyson.
t. from household that broke two Dysons with heavy use

if you work a 9-5 job, get a robovacuum and never worry about vacuuming again. Set it to run while you're at work and you'll never see or hear it.

>robovac
>actual home with carpet where people "live", not sit in front of a monitor in a bare-ass apartment
Real-world only uses them for minor pickups, stop larping

*Blocks your path*

Attached: xcombination 284 29.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qUKbMyz9Ju.jpg (990x1200, 83K)

Just brought one, it seems good so far

Family got an LG Cordzero and I like it. Lightweight, battery lasts a decent time, innards are easily cleaned out, gets its own charging pedestal. Price one up.

Attached: 50050479_556554.png (773x505, 19K)

Dyson is the apple of cleaning. Overpriced trash. Bagless is universally worthless

literally no one thinks this

Miele is great if you want traditional 80s era hulking bag plug in corded vacuums. Seriously they're great.

However if you want a cordless one like you posted or you care about weight etc...Dyson is the best. They are the only ones that have a light, cordless , high suction and filter Motorheaded design in whatever their latest models are. Some others like Shark have made Dyson style knock offs but they're not as good in one way or another.

So yeah decide what is useful. Oh and if you do but Dyson get the highest end models - lesser ones have not just less attachment ( which you can get a la carte) but core engines, filters etc.

for me its the miele c1 classic

Attached: 1563655433629.png (501x616, 203K)

My Dyson fell apart after two years of standard use and couldn't be repaired and Dyson wouldn't do anything about it

Have a Miele C3. This thing fucks and comes with a ten year warranty. Have gone through a couple lesser vacs, this thing FUCKS.

Attached: 20000125480-000-00_20000125480.jpg (705x1200, 153K)

Goddamn it get your dick out of the expensive machine. Let's be clear here, unless something went even more horribly wrong than it sounds, it shouldn't be fucking anything, you're just fucking it.

>this thing FUCKS
Also in the market for a vacuum cleaner. Best review will probably go for it. Dyson looks like it will fall apart.

"AvE" on youtube has some dyson teardowns

two robovacuums, one for each floor of the house, and then you buy an extra manual vacuum cleaner for more indepth cleaning (especially against walls and around nooks and crannies where a robovacuum can't get to)

You see this little nigga? he succs.

that is all.

Attached: http___com.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws[1].com_8303f4b8-e8dc-11e6-967b-c88452263daf.jpg (700x394, 20K)

>5cm steps
>open back
>glossy
>glass
>ugly metal rail
Quite possibly the worst staircase I've ever seen that wasn't just broken or lead to nowhere.

>And why do they make them battery powered now?
so the battery dies in 3 years and you'll have to buy a new one, or replace the battery at the cost of a new one.

I own a Dyson V10 vortex. I bought the best one they sold in January. Let me tell you OP, this thing is a fuckin meme if you have to do ANY real vacuuming, ever.

The hole that feeds into the disposal jar is smaller than an Peanut M&M. Anything as large as that, you better bust out the broom or pick it up. I have three kids and I can’t stand this fucking thing. It does some things well, it’s a great dust buster. It is not a car vacuum, it will not get fucking cereal off your carpets like all the shill you tubers say it does — it picks up grainy latex things well. That’s about it.

I don’t even want to mention how badly you have to baby the fucking thing, you need to constantly clean the entire assembly. Gunk builds up so quickly. You consistently have to take apart the vacuum heads to cut hair out of them. You’re consistently stuck wiping the bin out.

I don’t know what vacuum you should buy, but don’t buy a dyson vortex. It just isn’t built for actual cleaning. It’s a neat wall piece in the laundry room that my wife’s friends rave about. That’s about it.

Thanks for the stair review, bruh

Bissell One-pass for $60 is all I needed for vacuuming. Bissell Little Green to clean carpet spills.

My housewife sister says Dyson is a meme and Shark is actually the best.

I have a shop vac.

I'm sure they that's the main reason but cordless is actually really nice.

you can still buy a corded one. the corded ones still have more suction than the cordless ones.

PACVAC is the highest quality vacuum cleaner you can buy.
I have dyson V10 and it's very practical. rotating brush is pretty good for carpets. suction power on mid setting is shit and on high setting is ok but it suck out battery very fast
Philips is also very good. strong suction and pretty quiet

Attached: 750263293.jpg (705x600, 72K)

One thing I noticed on dyson v10
when I use it on max setting for some time after that I have ringing in ears.
I think it producing very high level of high freq. noise you don't notice in beginning.

My workplace has a mentally retarded cleaner and I'll give you a rundown of the last three vacuums that have had the pleasure of dealing with him.

Henry hoover: Suffered horrific abuse and lasted for at least five years. Poor Henry was used to vacuum the car park on multiple occasions. Henry was also used when the socket it was plugged into was shooting out sparks in every direction. I also think Henry was used without bags at one point.

Dyson: Was also subjected to horrific abuse and lasted less than one year. It lost all of it's suction when it was used to clean the car park.

Shark: Seems to take everything he has thrown at it and it has lasted three years. It has also been used to vacuum the car park but hasn't been plugged into the faulty socket yet.

Pic is what the car park look like.
Hopefully this has helped you OP.

Attached: car park.jpg (1066x800, 412K)

I second Miele. Thing is indestructible. Add a Happa filter, and your gold.

Miele is for idiots who never tried anything else.
Philips is better than Miele in every aspect.
Suction power, quietness, design, No fucking bag! .etc...

Attached: FC9932_69-IMS-en_SG.png (494x435, 120K)

heppa filter have every shit today
it's nothong special

Philips with 650W motor have stronger suction power than Miele with 2000W

I inexplicably acquired a v7 for free, its nice but its not [retail_price] nice, about 1/3 of that maybe.
Battery life isn't really an issue since you can probably do your entire home in five minutes or so and you'd just put it on charge when done how long the battery will last I don't know.
Beats corded but I can't comment on other cordless, either way its not worth what they ask but thats typical dyson for you. Their bladeless fans are also meme tier.

>Miele

>“We didn’t have a very good one so we spent a little time looking at them,” he told contributing editor Gary Isaac Wolf. “It turns out that the Americans make washers and dryers all wrong. The Europeans make them much better – but they take twice as long to do clothes! It turns out that they wash them with about a quarter as much water and your clothes end up with a lot less detergent on them. Most important, they don’t trash your clothes. They use a lot less soap, a lot less water, but they come out much cleaner, much softer, and they last a lot longer.
>“We spent some time in our family talking about what’s the trade-off we want to make. We ended up talking a lot about design, but also about the values of our family. Did we care most about getting our wash done in an hour versus an hour and a half? Or did we care most about our clothes feeling really soft and lasting longer? Did we care about using a quarter of the water? We spent about two weeks talking about this every night at the dinner table. We’d get around to that old washer-dryer discussion. And the talk was about design.”

>Two weeks of discussions to choose a washing machine? That’s life in the Jobs household. (He opted for Miele in the end, adding, “I got more thrill out of them than I have out of any piece of high tech in years.”)

Attached: 81VStYnDGrL.jpg (1399x2131, 322K)

and he screwed up not getting Bosch

I bought a $150 shopvac that'll suck up a toddler, and the pool it's floating in.

Fuck your bags and your gay $800 hipster brand vacuum cleaners.

>why do they make them battery powered now?

Good vacuums used to be very powerful.
But the EU now has a law limiting vacuum power.
So all new vacuums are weak trash.

Since they are weak trash you might as well make them cordless.
But an old high power corded vacuum is still way better.

Miele washing machines are overpriced.

Sure they will last twice as long, but they also cost twice as much.
So they cost the same in the end.
But after 20 years you will have an old machine for the next 20 years, instead of something fresh and modern every 20 years.

you need to buy detergent in special cartridges.
literally Jew technology

not true!
see Philips

recently bought one after a year of owning a dirtdevil samurai 18 and the dyson was really worth its cost.
i'll see if it's true that it breaks after some time as stated multiple times in this thread but until now (about 4 months of using it 2-4 times a week on in average 2 floors) it overall feels stable and the vaccuming power is immense (comparted to what i was used to at least)

Dyson is overpriced rubbish aimed at the iToy crowd, a choirboy has more suction than those useless pieces of shit. Miele or GTFO.
> t. bought into the dyson meme.. Twice..

I bought a Miele and it was pretty disappointing. Before that I had an old Dyson for 10 years (non-cordless). The build quality of the Dyson was 10x better than the Miele. The attachments of the Miele and its shell were made of really cheap plastic. This was a mid-end product too.
The suction was definitely better than the Dyson, but not to where I'd value having to use a bag over not using one (the bags are the biggest argument as to why their suction is unrivaled). Then you also have to buy proprietary bags and filters for the miele.

Not to mention corded vacuums are the most infuriating appliances that people use; the weight, their directional path, having to use a cable wherein it makes it even more awkward to use, storing it after use..countless things make corded vacuums the worst things to use in the world and they haven't gotten better in many regards.

If I were to choose again, especially if I was living in an apartment vs a house, I would go with the cordless Dyson hands down. I wouldn't expect it's suction or battery life to be amazing, but it would certainly be enough and won't want to make you kill yourself when you're using it.

Anything short of a proper commercial grade backpack vacuum is a meme. These suck up anything and are super easy to use. Sure it's expensive but buy once cry once. Vacuums don't become obsolete once a year so it will last you.

Attached: 107113-Super-QuarterVac-HEPA-Backpack-Vacuum.jpg (800x800, 92K)

Just use a broom and a mop

Correction, anything but water. They are not shopvacs and cannot suck up liquids. Please respect your investment and follow all operating directions.

those are so fucking heavy and bulky man

for home use, ease of use and space it occupies in storage are very important factors

Dyson is good, but when purchasing any hardware, you will tend to find that the most expensive model/brand and the cheapest model/brand are both ripoffs for different reasons.

Those stairs look like fucking shit lmao

WTF is he doing in a dirt parking lot with a vacuum? Does no one supervise him, or is his supervisor also a retard?

Meh, I just live in a little 500 sqft condo with no carpeting. She gets the job done.

Attached: 3in1_Stick_Vacuum_38B1.jpg (500x500, 14K)

>he doesn't upgrade his washing machine every year
Pleb

Also gonna shill Miele. I didn't know vacuuming could be enjoyable before I got one.
I would never get a bagless vacuum regardless of brand though.

just buy a cheap vacuum cleaner at the coop

Attached: 1533271666261.jpg (1347x898, 158K)

>Battery
It's like you want terrible suction

>This
If it's good enough for the janitors and workshops, it's good enough for my home.
It picks up everything!

Attached: Oh Snap.gif (254x178, 494K)

Dyson is still the best. The ease of use will allow you to vacuum more often rather than being a bum too lazy to haul out the vacuum and wrangle the cord around.

They are catching on and for good reason.

Top-heavy piece of shit topples over all the time and the tiny front casters trip over the smallest things, even its own power cord.

>suddenly Dyson shills on Jow Forums
No sane person buys that cheaply made crap that won't pick up shit.

Miele offers bagless ones too. Not sure what the objection is to bagless.

Also anyone who is bitching about Miele, what's so great about Philips?

Lastly, fine if you don't like Dyson is there anything comparable in cordless power and features to a maxed out Dyson V11 or whatever the newest one is? Miele is not the same sort of thing at all given they are all corded canister models more or less ( corded stick that is basically mop sized is no better)

>Happa filter
Bit racist m8. Or do you mean HEPA.

>Add a Happa filter, and your gold.
Why would I put gold in my vacuum?

I hear they used to be really good but nowadays they changed the design somehow,

This literally everyone I know have miele, they just do the job.

Clearly never used one.

Got suckered into buying one, returned it a week later, never fucking again. Bought a cheap fucking pile of shit and it still worked ten times better than the goddamn Dyson bullshit.

See, that's what happens when you're poor. You evaluate $600 and a vacuum and the $600 wins. Even if you liked it you cope by lying to yourself that the product wasn't to your liking.

I am sorry dyson is really shit at vacuuming, I guess its a nice toy and may look good in your apartment but its at actual vacuming.

My grandmother is the old lady you see walking around Costco and Sams buying anything perceived as quality.
She has owned several Dysons, ive used them. They are fine but they arent any better than a Shark.

I bought the Shark Navigator at Costco for $200, it functions every bit as good as the dyson. It has a 5 year manufacturers warranty. Its modular and every part is available if needed. Dyson is paying for the name.

Look at their bladeless fan and try to tell me with a straight face that its not shit.
Dyson is the modern Kirby

I've yet to have any issues with it. What are you vacuuming that it can't pull up? Gravel?

works for me

I also bought a shark ion flex x2 from Costco. No hepa filter and the suction goes to shit when the bin gets half full. Also any flat paper like trash will clog the mesh suction holes reducing it to nothing.

Reviews say it's in par with dyson and they're right, but only with a empty bin and fake trash. Real world usage differ greatly.

Also emptying the bin is a pain and you gotta stick something in there to fiddle the literal garbage out. Hair likes to get stuck on the mesh and it looks disgusting.

On the dyson everything sides out like one of those clean no wipe shits and you never ever have to touch the trash.

His bullshit lklolo

> Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Jesus Christ, how many summerfags are in here?

imagine being this guy

Just get rid of your carpets.

Bagged vacuums contain the filth better, you just throw out the bag when it's full.
Bagless is an "innovation" nobody asked for, allowing companies to produce more form over function designs to peddle to middle class housewives, kind of like phones with no headphone jack.

I bought a 5.0 hp rigid shopvac for my apartment for 69$. It's what auto detailers use to clean cars. It sounds like a jet engine but my floors have no dirt.

Yes. But get an older model like a V8, it's much cheaper and does the exact same job.
Battery powered makes it a lot more convenient, but it still has more than enough power for a mid sized appartment. I have 40m2 and a pet, it was definitely the best purchase I made in house appliance.

The battery is just like your smartphone battery, it's good for 1000 cycles, except you don't charge it every day but once a week at most.

They contain the filth in the exact same way you idiot. Modern bagless vacuums have much better filters. Fucking luddite boomer idiot.

t. seething dyson salesman

Sounds like he works in the Retard Factory.

If this staircase was at a work site it would be an OSHA violation.

>Bagless is an "innovation" nobody asked for
Yet, where manufacturers where making money out of selling bags, they got cornered into all making badless vacuums. I wonder why that is...

Shark master race

why don't professional cleaners use bagless vacs
would save them a lot of money in the long run huh

I like those stairs a lot.

die.

Attached: image.jpg (523x472, 68K)

Attached: laughing Anime.gif (277x400, 116K)

I recommend this YouTube channel
youtube.com/channel/UCvavJlMjlTd4wLwi9yKCtew
Dude does thorough testing for vacuums
formulate your decision there

My Shark vacuum is awesome

Just bought a Shark NV601UK to replace a dead Dyson DC04 we've had for a million years.

Pros:
Lightweight
Handle is a good height in upright mode
Can be detached in "lift-away" mode making it even lighter and easier to use
Great suction which can easily be adjusted in all modes
The carpet roller is powerful and feels like it's actually getting into the carpet
Storage bin is a small closed unit that can be carried to the bin and easily emptied via a top and bottom flap
Easy access to the brush roller for cleaning or removing obstructions
Relatively quiet
Produces less heat relative to the Dyson
Has two notches (low and high) that can be used to keep the cable out of the way when hoovering

Cons:
The hose on it is pretty damn short despite advertising 2.15m:
Walking more than 1 metre with the hose causes the entire hoover to fall over no matter if it's in upright or "lift-away" mode.
The handle for attachments on the Shark is a cumbersome and unwieldy piece of shit
Your hand is too far away from the attachment to have any kind of dexterity
The fine dusting brush has bristles flimsier than a 20p toothbrush and the way it slides and locks on the crevice tool is fucking stupid; the slightest pressure slides the duster right back so you scratch whatever you were fine dusting
The crevice tool is angled wrong compared to the Dyson, combined with the abomination of the handle it makes using any of the attachments aneurysm-inducing
In upright mode the thing tilts left and right which is occasionally useful but it's more often awkward and feels like you're fighting with the thing to go in the right direction.
The storage bin is quite small (big enough for a once over in our house but could be an issue for others)
Looks like cheap plastic with visible waves of differing shades

I just want my Dyson DC04 back

Attached: Dyson-DC04-Vacuum-Cleaner-71e8c813[1].jpg (1146x1536, 250K)

Dyson is the best, yes, but also way overpowered.
And, realistically, just how good do you need a vacuum to be? Just buy a cheaper vacuum.

Only worth it if
a) you don't have a lot of stuff
b) it empties itself (they have those)
c) you live in an apartment with no stairs
Otherwise, don't bother.

>gee bill, THREE vacuums?
just get one lightweight battery powered one and be done with it.

I live in a small apartment with no carpet. This gets the job done.

Attached: images.jpg (223x226, 5K)

do bongs seriously vacuum outdoors? do they need a license to carry a broom?

sadly, this

but then I have to lug that giant thing around vs the small form factor in OP's pic

he also opted for new age medicine and look how that turned out

Got a shopvac, shit is cash. Fuck everything else, fuck these pretty toddler toys, fuck planned obscelence. Sometimes I wish we went the Soviet route, we can't even hone an appreciation for good quality like the japanese because of how many short sighted ADHD riddled niggers there are. Fucking nigger society can't wait to get the fuck out, simple shit like getting a proper vacuum leave you jumping through hoops.

Oreck commercial grade
Dyson is prosumer trash