Why is Linux so trash?

>install manjaro
>update everything and use it for few hours
>screen tearing, input lag and a few visual glitches
>reboot
>boots to a black screen
>open tty
>try to manually start xorg
>xorg gives a bunch of errors, saying that no display was found and some other bullshit
>google how to fix, noone on forums knows anything, only solution is to reinstall the system and hope that Linux doesn't shit itself again

Attached: gnome-3.jpg (770x414, 36K)

If there's no forum answers it just means ur the only person with that problem

You don't have to use it.

your first mistake was using manjaro

if you want something that doesn't break just use debian

>install manjaro
wonder what the problem is
install debian testing and kde/xfce you fag

That was your problem, you didn't install Gentoo

who wants to create my very own personal linux distro with a gui I created in photoshop?

it is super clean, it works when you hover your mouse on the top left corner and scroll down.

Why do I have such great taste but lack the skills to do this shit. I am like a failed Jony Ive

Attached: 6rh7j7.png (1280x720, 1.9M)

lmao are you me? I ficed the screen tearing by droppin the nvidia card and using the intel one, then using bumblebee for the nvidia and some programslike mpv.

in the end I just went back to windows because the screen tearing still occurs. Linux has shit driver support.

>How to trick people into helping you 101
>tell the thing you need help with is stupid because thing doesn't work
>people will stand in line to call you stupid for not using that obvious solution
>get around rules begging for help while getting help
Too bad this won't work on Jow Forums because we're also too retarded to fix this

>>install manjaro
Found your problem.

Attached: archcuck.jpg (1024x768, 398K)

>It's another Windows user larping as a Linux user to trick Jow Forums into admitting that Linux is shit,thread.

I don't need help, I will just switch to windows, which unlike linux actually works

>went for the foot desktop edition
blame yourself for your stupidity. there's KDE and Xfce Manjaro editions available

Attached: gnome-offenseive-to-manlets.png (1476x1080, 276K)

I used the xfce edition

>Phone UI on desktop

I installed Manjaro for my girlfriend months ago and she hasn't had a problem. This sounds like a you problem.

Tearing and hardware support are real problems on Linux. Tearing can be resolved easily by compositors, but most of the time you end up with horrible stuttering in 60fps video playback particularly in browsers. Chrome is slightly better than Firefox in smoothness, but in some DEs you will still get stuttering in Chrome. Sadly the least stuttery solution is probably Compiz.

Browser video playback in Windows doesn't have problems because in Windows it's hardware accelerated. Chrome and FF devs refuse to implement hardware accelerated video playback because of GPU driver issues. Which is kind of related to the hardware support problem. If you have a piece of hardware even remotely new, it might not work at all depending on things like how old the distro's packages are and how old the kernel is. Debian is on Linux 4.19, Ubuntu and Mint are on 4.15 I believe, and Fedora is on 5.10, etc. So if you want to use a brand new video card on Ubuntu or Debian you'll need to jump through a bunch of hoops.

lol
debian is broken out of the box

the future

Why do you think so many people use Ubuntu? It's Debian, arguably the best build, but with patches and more shit. It just werks.

DESU it's not a bad idea if you made it fluid instead of static so that it'll fit whatever device you're using regardless of it being a computer monitor or a phone. When phone software finally starts peaking and reaching gaming computer tiers it'd be great to have an OS that works with anything. Especially if you could plug it into a gaming monitor even and the Desktop would fluidly change.

Unfortunately a static design like that is shit and doesn't make use of a desktop monitor's room. I'd suggest looking at web designs like bulma.io and bootstrap where the HTML/CSS changes when you resize your browser window.

FUD
fuck off poojeet, microshit will be automating you out of work shortly so find a new job

Man...i installed Windows 10 on this machine like 1.5 years ago and ZERO problems, i think i will never do any re-install on this machine.

>Why do you think so many people use Ubuntu
By this logic, Windows is 10 times more stable than any distro.

never breaks on you if it was not functional to begin with

Attached: 09-roll-safe.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1420x946, 69K)

Where's the lie though?

>Why do you think so many people use Ubuntu?
Because it's shilled continuously. Why do you think so many try Ubuntu and then go back to Windows/MacOS? Hint, it doesn't just work.
>It's Debian, arguably the best build, but with patches and more shit.
So Debian is worse (less compatibility) than Ubuntu?
>It just werks.
In my experience it just installs but is broken. I expected it to just work because you shills lie that it does.

Debian works, you just need to put the package for your wifi on the install USB. Or just use ethernet to install and download said package. Oh and graphics cards can be harder to get the drivers installed than in Ubuntu, which provides a GUI wizard.

Personally I'm using Deepin which is just Debian with a custom DE. I tried installing vanilla Debian but it didn't like my setup for installing GRUB, so where Ubuntu/Fedora/elementary/Manjaro/Mint/Solus/openSUSE/KDE neon/Pop! OS/ just worked Debian failed and I wasn't able to install GRUB manually.

Fedora had an issue where amdgpu wasn't installed out of the box, but most of the stuff was. Easy enough to fix, and then you have to add repositories for non-free and some free stuff (RPMFusion).

Point is most GNU/Linux distributions are just point and click and install. Sure it's easier to use the command line, but some distributions make it easy to use GUI tools, use them if you're a newb.

Attached: 1535408222855.png (692x816, 279K)

So you're saying it doesn't just work but can be made to work if your hardware is supported? Aka, it doesn't just work but people lie that it does.

i love my linux machine. it's a pleasure to use, especially since i'm forced to use a mac at work. touchpad scrolling even works better than a mac now

it's a shame people are too stupid to be able to enjoy it

Attached: scroll.webm (800x450, 1.91M)

he's probably not a furfag

Some distros just have quirks. Linux supports a vast range of hardware. Most stuff works just fine.

Attached: works_on_my_machine_classic_round_sticker-r56ce1cc314be46efbe749e9c58c761d5_0ugmp_8byvr_540.jpg (540x540, 46K)

>I used the xfce edition
Despite knowing it causes screen tearing I'd assume. Real wise, real wise...

nice mockup but it really needs some borders
v1

Attached: a1.png (1280x720, 1.58M)

v2

Attached: a2.png (1280x720, 1.58M)

I hate icon themes like this because the day you get a program that doesn't have an icon it sticks out like a sore thumb

This feels like the return of that one redditor who supposedly had a fully custom DE, but conveniently lost all of it as well as all his work-related data due to multiple HDDs failing at once, and then asked people to "rebuild" that DE.

>google how to fix, noone on forums knows anything
mfw
>debian
Yeah the system doesn't break, only the outdated buggy applications will.

Attached: tenor.gif (480x480, 2.03M)

Contact me, I think I have something that might interest you.

[email protected]

is talking about Flurry, pic related is what it apparently looked like.
the whole story was full of shit, he did that just to gain 4000 upcummies on plebbit, when asked for the source code he instantly denied sharing it "because its a mess" and when his HDDs failed he apparently did not have any code saved on github/some flash drive etc.
if anyone wants Linux to be successful, one would have to create something similar to it, most normies got their panties wet when they saw it, some said that they would switch to any ganoo slash leenux distro just because it would look like that.

Attached: F(l)urry.png (2560x1440, 1.65M)

Well it's justified in his case, since he's apparently the first Lintard to get taskbar design right OOTB.

Well you're right in this matter. This doesn't look like shit which doesn't happen all that often with Linux DEs

but i'm just pretending to be retarded im not actually retardded

ijeet

works fine for me

Arch is unironically more stable than manjaro, not because it's arch but because after the install and the setup of arch you now know how to use your system and it won't break

Why do archfats always spout the dumbest shit in every thread they appear in?

>manjaro
>xorg

Attached: 1562880942278.jpg (225x225, 13K)

Wayland is even more cancer than Xorg

>only the outdated buggy applications will.
Show me where those horrible bugs, if you're not full of shit

alternatively, de-botnet deepin

Attached: dcc-2.png (1440x900, 1.47M)

>debian broken out of the box
lmeo just install them wifi-firmware, debian is so free even free firmware ain't installed

>Why is Linux so trash?
>install manjaro
There's your problem. You didn't install gentoo.

>install Arch with the configuration I've been using for the last decade
>everything just works because I'm not a trog

Feels good man.

Attached: USB.jpg (800x600, 171K)

I mean you can always come with a count argument

Are Fedora's Deepin and Manjaro Deepin botnet?

I've been using manjaro for months and I haven't had any problems. You probably fucked something up without realizing.

Just use MINT

very interesting user, i never thought of these issues like this.

he is right though, to a certain extent. installing arch is not that hard and most of the work is done by scripts but the forum is pretty good and because most arch users are nerds you can usually find solutions for virtually every issue you can came across.

Did you have to install an extension for this or what.

>when you accidentally wreck yourself
never go full retard

Attached: never-go-full.jpg (450x300, 20K)

nice shitpost retard

what?

my idea is actually fluid, it would work like the launhers on your phone. when you scrill it appears with the usual transparency fade in

the squircle icon pack has tons, I actually had this problem a few days ago with Anki on my phone and I ended up making nan icon

Attached: ddbvra2-dcb3d345-1f03-4e47-bd3f-b84862d90890.png (240x240, 22K)

>Actually being happy that your shitty distro can implement a scroll function correctly