I just graduated and every single developer job I find requires like 2+ experience. What do I do, Jow Forums?

I just graduated and every single developer job I find requires like 2+ experience. What do I do, Jow Forums?

Attached: DqGJp0xXcAAvIjg.jpg (1036x1147, 98K)

get two years experience

duh

You need to learn how to lie.

I know, the question is how
I've considered but most require proof

Attached: ps1_hagrid.jpg (676x401, 120K)

why didn't you do any research or internships

you lie on your application like all the smart people do

I've done some but not enough to be considerable

Apply anyway.

Put projects on your GitHub and apply anyway. If they ask about experience, point them to the GitHub.

that's not true, you just need to be confident in what you have done

Do they actually care about this? Serious question, I've done a bit of stuff on GitHub and I might be able to use it.

Attached: limes.jpg (601x600, 61K)

yes, literally put everything that could be applicable to the job that you've ever done on the resume

You need to understand how little people care about you and their jobs. Human Resources (HR) people, they just follow the hiring steps mindlessly and look for buzzwords. Meanwhile you're over here wondering how much they care about you. They don't. You're just a warm body to fill a seat at the company. Apply anyway, show off your achievements. Stop being coy, show off your GitHub.

this but unironically

The years of experience wall is to weed out foreigners, illegals, and people who are too autistic to be doing interviews. Unfortunately, you're going to just have to apply no matter what. Be honest. They will look at your skills and hire you if you are good.

apply anyway. Worst thing that happens is no response, but a lot of places' "requirements" are really a wish list

I recently been interviewing a guy with questionable experience, asked him about his github projects, turned out he had none. Whoops, into trash he goes.

Develop some apps for iphone and sip from the itoddlers' infinite streams of money

Attached: 1551764599569.jpg (1247x810, 138K)

what kind of apps?

Apply anyway, you don't need 2 years experience; companies put this up to be hopeful, it's a common and unnecessary practice across all industries, to list unreasonable entry-level requirements. If you can make it to an interview, you don't smell like shit, and you don't spill spaghetti everywhere, you're better than most applicants.

apply anyway, fuck the requirements. it isn't a con if you're good anyway

The "2 years experience" is the "we want."

There's two categories for job qualifications: Required and Preferred.
Knowledge of [language] is required.
The 2 years experience is preferred.

Sometimes experience is required

have sex

First, school is for connection. You should already have a job by the time you graduate but you fucked up.
Second, apply anyway. Most of the time they don't really care and 2 years experience is nothing.
Third, shouldn't have fallen for the college meme.

Identify as "non-binary"

Hiring people seems like a nightmare to me. I'm trying to imagine being in the shoes of a business owner.

I want somebody whose dream job is my business. They've always wanted to be a technician, programmer, designer, computer salesman, whatever tech-based business I'm doing. Because this would imply that they're passionate, motivated to be the best, and knowledgeable on what I'd have them do.

In reality, it doesn't seem like employers hire this way. Years ago, I wanted to become the biggest tech guru, working at computer repair shops, becoming a technician, even trying to be the cashier for the Electronics department at Target, and couldn't and that crappy dream was shattered.

employers exclusively hire for culture fit
so if during the interview you are genki as fuck and share a lot of hobbies of the interviewers, you are getting hired
its kinda weird how discrimination against slightly socially awkward people is A-ok

There are no boxes in the HR forms to tick to say you've been employing socially awkward people, so there's no motivation to.

It's funny people mention HR a shit ton, but when we put up postings the only people who look at it is recruiting, more so if we're poaching people, and us as a team.

No, they do not, culture is just part of it, but not the sole thing. If that was the case we would have hired every person that seemed like a fit. Practically everyone we've looked at that's applied has literally none of the required tech and that's the first reason they're shot down.

find out the technology that the company is working with, and present yourself to them as someone who can predictably do good stuff with that technology. (The most straight-forward way to do this part is to say you worked for years at a company that did this, but having a compelling story about building similar stuff works too. Have a war story to tell about using the tech.)

just apply anyways. don't bother lying on your application. even if the position listed doesn't explicitly say entry level or new grad it doesn't mean they aren't open to hiring those if they like them.

Get 2 years experience.
Like this:
Join a company that does the sorts of things you want to do. At as high a level as you can.
Make sure your manager knows what your ambitions and aspirations are. Do not make yourself irreplaceable, or you can't be promoted.
Then work towards your goal.
I'm surprised you don't know this already.

>The most straight-forward way to do this part is to say you worked for years at a company that did this
Just to be super clear here because I wrote that in a dumbass way: I'm not advocating lying here, I meant that it's the most straightforward thing to do if you can honestly say it.

Apply anyway. Having to fit every requirement in a job offer is a myth. Don't lie and if they invite you for an interview don't lie on that either.

You were supposed to be doing personal projects and internships and networking while you were getting your degree, my dude.

...you did do that, right user? r-right?

An internship junior year

How about you delete this post, kind sir. It's 10:48 where I live and I'd like to have a nice, non-depressed Sunday thank you very much.

this and in that exact order

Pretend to be a tranny

Don't you have any computer lab experience? How about you start some project.

True story:

>be graduate cs degree: programming.
>most experience was in computer lab help desk (some admin: create accounts etc).
>graduate: letter of reference, 4.0 GPA.
>no programming experience
>got together with cs buds in the same boat.
>we go the idea to make an application together.
>took 8 months of collaboration
>worked pt here and there at a well known coffee spot.
>application finished, and experience gleaned. We actually took time to rotate the project lead
>ie: its my turn to lead this project.
>many improvements made.
>many skills learned
>lots of free coffee.

We all landed a job as entry level programmer.
/op if you are not larping work on a bigish project with your cs buddies. Make a game, a database application, anything. Gui should be well though out.

Attached: martini pepe.jpg (124x125, 4K)

>you had to do networking bro

Resumes are often put through a filter and are thrown in the trash before it even reaches the manager. I would contact your previous employers and see if they have a position available.

internship, freelancing or lie.

Attached: __tiona_hyryute_and_tione_hyryute_dungeon_ni_deai_wo_motomeru_no_wa_machigatteiru_darou_ka_and_etc_d (856x1200, 130K)