WAIT ONE FUCKING SECOND

WAIT ONE FUCKING SECOND
>nuclear waste is gets hot on its own right?
>put that shit into a metal box so the box gets hot
>put said box under water so the heat from the box makes the water turn into steam
>then use said steam to turn a turbine and power more shit.
why haven't they thought of this?

Attached: download.jpg (201x113, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_generator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

of course you will have to refine this shit to an exact science but this is just a rough outline (this is op)

That's nuclear power retart

Are you even trying?

Imagine if everyone was as autistic as you

The waste isn't hot enough to get steam.

retard faggot

NO that shit requires rods to regulate the nuclear fusion that creates heat. This is different in the since that there's no waste. Just fuel, heat, and steam.

>doesn't realize that's what nuclear energy is

then let it get hot enough. I remember seeing somewhere that it needs cooling. So stop the cooling and let it make steam.

Waste gets too hot and unstable to control.

see

Yukka mountain was chosen for its location away from civilization and water sources, not because it's in a cold climate. Please be joking.

here's the thing, you start cooling and make it so that it only makes steam. But have the precautions in place so that it doesn't get too hot.

MODS DO YOUR DAMN JOB

>imagine being this autistic no amount of arguing will convince this brainlet
I'm sorry, it even hurts reading your thread. I need to check out before I catch your retardation

how am i retarded? i am just presenting an idea that could work with some adjustments and could theoretically put a use to all the nuclear waste that we have.

Not that guy, but you're retarded for not realizing you're literally describing nuclear energy. Rods get hot. Heat make steam Steam powered pump.

It's all hydroelectic.

>could theoretically put a use to all the nuclear waste that we have.
Google nuclear recycling

but nuclear energy is regulated heavily. i am just saying you put the shit into a sealed box underwater and only step in if the damn thing tries to melt through into the water. Hell you could go as far to say that you could leave it there and let it produce steam to power a turbine and never step in because you would just condense the water back to liquid and then put it back into the cooling tank. In a scene it's nuclear energy but a hell of a lot simpler and actually puts a use to all the nuclear waste that we have.

>throw nuclear waste in the ocean
>unlimited power

why haven't they done this?

this
you're retarded, I hope to god you're trolling or god have mercy on your retardation

>nuclear energy is regulated heavy
>but it's literal waste that is the sole reason why it's regulated won't be

I wish you were trolling but I know you're not.

The problem is that it doesn't produce ENOUGH heat and it is a diminishing reaction (it's slowing down).
It pales in comparison to the amount of energy the reactor is producing.

He's talking about nuclear waste, not nuclear fuel

Because the nuclear waste just sinks to the bottom of the ocean

but it's still energy. all energy can be used.

include me in the screencap

>all energy can be used.
I beg to differ on that notion. Only net positive means of energy production can be used.

>all energy can be used.
This is actually false.
But that aside, there is the question of efficiency and return on investment. While a pool of spent fuel rods would boil off without cooling it's too slow to get a good flow or pressure. Good luck driving your turbine with no pressure behind your steam.

Guys what if instead of coal engines in our trains we just threw nuclear waste in them? Think about it. Nuclear waste is hot. IT'S GENIUS!

why don't we though

>doesn't realize such a facility and the maintenance involved for all energy production means requires energy
there is no arguing with a retard. OP, just kys. I hope you don't have kids, it would be torture for them to live a life as dumb as you.

>OP pretending not to be OP
>"Haha! Jokes on you! I'm just pretending to be retarded"

I don't know who's trolling or not but what about slapping peltier plates on the nuclear waste tanks to help power the cooling units

Them shits gonna melt nigga

What the fuck? Give me some of that shit for winter.

hahAHAHA END YOUR LIFE YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT

Attached: cd_brainlet.png (820x729, 106K)

/sci/ IS LAUGHING AT US AGAIN

Attached: rage.png (633x758, 440K)

>OP is now deleting his posts to retroactively hide is retardation but it's only making him look more retarded
lol, this thread is retard gold.

I'm not sure if you're retarded or a genus.

They also need cooling.

Wouldn't it be easier to drop water into a volcano? It would even be eco friendly

Gee, I wonder why no-one else has come up with the idea of building a gigantic radioactive death cube from thousands of metric tons of high level nuclear waste that continuously emits multiple gigawatts of power and melts into a record-sized puddle of radioactive lava the moment you stop cooling it.

WAIT ONE FUCKING SECOND
>star dreck timeline
>have reliable matterenergy conversion (in the form of transporter beams) in 22nd century
>have reliable matterenergy conversion (in the form of replicators) in 23rd century
>still be carting around tons of accident=BOOM antimatter (for fuel) in 24th century

Attached: 1530376530046.jpg (399x582, 29K)

The cooling unit doesn't melt. Peltier units are like 10% efficient right? get a giganigga refrigerator that removes like twice as much energy per watt it uses. 20% less energy used from external sources.

yes but you can slurp a lil energy out of it, ur turning some portion of the heat into usable energy

geothermal is the better energy production tech. Iceland for example generates about 25% of their energy through geothermal sources. It's green and nearly limitless, although it's claimed not to generate as much electricity as other means.

is there any form of refrigeration that can handle nuclear fucking waste

Only possible in very rare geological circumstances. Just like OIL. This is not an infinite resource friends. Fracking fixes literally nothing.

unless some serious breakthroughs happen in physical science and chemistry, I doubt antimatter will ever be stable enough to safely transport. It's just in the nature of antimatter to seek and convert matter into pure energy. A kg of antimatter for example has been theorized to be as powerful as a kiloton of weapons grade plutonium. Can you imagine the power of a kiloton of antimatter?

>A kg of antimatter for example has been theorized to be as powerful as a kiloton of weapons grade plutonium
Um, wot?
I did the numbers a few years back, and annihilating 1 kilo of matter with 1 kilo of antimatter would be about 47 MT TNT equivalent.
It was actually a horribly disappointing result.

You're right, I fudged the wording. It should be roughly 1000 fat mans worth of energy. At least that's what I read but you ran the numbers so 47MT of TNT is pretty amazing for 1kg of antimatter, considering fat man used 1kg of plutonium

uh, yes?

How do you think they cool nuclear reactors in the first place?

additionally, that's equivalent to a half yield tsar bomba. Now imagine the power of an equivalent weight of active material in antimatter form.

But it's an example of how stupid chasing antimatter is.
Tsar Bomba generated ~48 MT from plain ol' fusion. I'm having trouble chasing up just how much hydrogen was in the fusion stage, though.

>what is a radioisotope thermoelectric generator

come on now

well, you're right about it being a stupid venture to chase. It's a pandora's box similar to nuclear power but so much more dangerous.

Nuclear weapons have more mass in conventional explosives than they do in yield fissile material, though.

Especially if you have reliable direct matter->energy converters, which can theoretically achieve E=mc^2, instead of E=(mc^2)/2 that antimatter can.

You've never been in ANY process plant, have you? A fucking corn processing plant uses systems in place to recapture/recycle heat, evaporated water (typically referred to as Process Water or Condensate), and just about any spent chemical/reagent you can think of. Why do you think a nuclear power plant wouldn't already do the same at the peak of efficiency currently available with our technology? If your idea had merit, we would already be doing it.

You literally described nuclear power

Stop yelling.

"Spent" nuclear fuel rods are reprocessed to seperate out the bred fissile material for use in nuclear weapons (plutonium).

Japan's stockpile of spent fuel rods are the fuel for it's nuclear programme, should it wish to embark on such. Same with germany (though they likely have an active nuclear programme).

Your welcome, now go back to arguing why men can't marry young girls. (The muslims will settle that issue for you).

Attached: anime1454757231424.jpg (428x428, 44K)

Search "pebble bed reactor" and "molten salt reactor".

Attached: 1563521878803.gif (480x270, 1.86M)

This is literally how a nuclear reactor works.

That's already what nuclear energy is, a fancy steam engine.

jesus christ Jow Forums

WAIT ONE SECOND
Airplanes installed with a black box that are made to survive inside a 300 ton falling fireball right?

Why don't they just make the whole thing out of a black box?

those exist, they're called RTGs, they are also extremely weak in terms of output so it's not like they'll be solving the energy crisis anytime soon

fucking this. finally, someone who's using their brain.
we have planes that with enough thrusts can travel upwards of Mach 5, yet we can't just get a black box up in the air? Preposterous! I think its a Jewish trick to profit off the deaths of flights. Most lawyers are jewish, y'know?

This thread is fucking unholy

Why use nukes when we can make do with solar power lol
just make some godly panels that can retain more power from the sun. Like a 1 sqft panel that can power a house after 10 minutes of half assed sunlight in a cloudy day.

woah this is genius, what would you call such an energy creating device like this?

Attached: einstein_smart.jpg (474x314, 32K)

something sciency, something like... Nuclear! yeah that works!

Nuclear power is a hoax.
Nuclear weapons are a hoax.
Power lines harvest energy from the atmosphere.
I'm serious you guys are being lied to a ton.
Computers are based on pre flood technology.

Brainlet here, what exactly is nuclear waste and why cant it be used again as nuclear fuel if its radioactive? Also if its not hot, can we just supercool it with like liquid nitrogen, make it into ice and then snort it?

Nuclear waste is a hoax so the government has an excuse to take more money.
See

>All the people lapping up this bait
I swear the collective IQ of Jow Forums has halved in the past couple years alone.

Attached: 1559093095399.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

The half life of Jow Forums iq is decreasing exponiantelly

Attached: 200px-Le_56_Face.png (200x164, 44K)

Doesn't generate enough heat to be economically useful.

>the decay of IQ is decreasing
That would make people smarter!

That would make people dumber, slower

Isn't this bait?

Half life is inverse to decay, the shorter half life, the faster the decay

brainlet here, how do you expect me to understand without providing a graph?

Attached: thinking.gif (320x320, 240K)

the deleted posts by OP proved it's not bait, OP is just a megabrainlet

How does a turbine actually generate electricity? I never got my head around that, what is it about it turning turbine that creates electrical power? Where does it come from, is it a force of friction or what?

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

>15 seconds later
>nuclear meltdown with explosion as the box incinerates and spews waste into the water

Turbines rotate a generator, the generate itself generates electricity.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_generator

The generator in power plants is a "synchronous generator" which means its rpm is in sync with the mains frequency.
The generators output is connected to a transformer which transforms it up to 200kV or similar high voltage which is then connected to the "transfer network".

>NO that shit requires rods to regulate the nuclear fusion that creates heat.
It's actually nuclear fission. Fusion is the bonding of two nuclei, fission is the splitting of a nuclei.