Why is this a fad?

Why is this a fad?

Attached: 1561846972721.gif (350x409, 437K)

Get a job.

>t. incel

rgb lights are actually boomeresque and been around for more than 15 years
You revealed being a dumb zoomer by not knowing that

I guess people stopped setting up aquariums so they substitute boxes of computer parts instead.

Just because something was around doesn't mean it was prominent. Compare the amount of RGB ____ shit today compared to 15 years ago.

But now the creature with the mouth agape sucking on the damp treats that its master gives it is on the outside of the glass

I find funny that in Brazil there is hardware that is RGB-only. I mean, you won't find non-rgb mechanical keyboards on the national market.

because wojakposters can't stop memeing

No way, I don't remember this shit happening in the 90s or 2000s.

it looks cool as shit, simple as

top kek. you're right

If you can make something more personalized people are going to gravitate towards it.

Having a beige tower this age is the equivalent or working in a dull office cell. If you're going to spend a few thousand on a new build and want a bit more eye candy why the hell not.

>personalization means gaudy low-class whirling lights everywhere

Do you also personalize your screwdrivers you dumb zoomer?
Assuming you own one.

Bullshit. LED we have back then cannot change color. And they were only used to signal power on/off.

Because you will eventually grow bored with it.

>If you can make something more personalized people are going to gravitate towards it.
Then explain apple

Attached: steve jobs pointing.jpg (630x331, 80K)

Zoomers want to be sure that everyone knows they're an lgbtqiwxyz1234+ ally so that they can't be fired from their job.

You really gonna pretend this wasn't a thing? This was cool as fuck.

Attached: uv-green-led-retro-80mm-gaming-pc-fan-ac-ryan-mnpctech.jpg (700x561, 283K)

Sure. If you happen to be 12.

Only a wintoddler would think that looks good.

The only people I've met that like RGB are my boomer dad, his friends and one of my normie friends who mindlessly consumes every marvel movie he sees.

RGB will be 2010s kino in 10-20 years.

Attached: 1532853171873.png (1976x2800, 2.55M)

My dad is not a boomer, but he has to watch every new Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter, etc. movie that comes out. He's also a little obsessed with wireless tech and he likes to connect his phone to the fucking dishwasher. Also got us a Google Home and Philips Hue lighting and that kind of shit. He's pretty much a zoomer inside.

RGB LEDs aren't inherently bad if they are just used to give off an ambient glow. But RGB case fans almost always look like shit.

Having a rainbow colored case will look bad but that's an exaggeration of what's actually happening. The LEDs are RGB so you could CHOOSE the color. Like having them all blue, or red, or purple, or whatever. I didn't choose my parts by their RGB features but since they have those anyway I turned them all red.

the only rgb shit i have is on my motherboard, despite having a fully enclosed black case i can still make out strays of light through the narrow gap between the disc drive
t,bh it helps me see when i need to go out the room for a piss at night

>15 years ago was 2004

Yes it fucking was. How old were you then? Clearly not old enough to shop for computer parts at a store.

Because they're cool :sunglasses:

god this zoomer boomer meme is getting fucking stale

Attached: boomer doge.jpg (1100x1090, 422K)

The issue isn't whether or not it was a thing, it was about prevalence. RGB ricer shit was much less common a decade ago, and it was also looked down upon on Jow Forums back then too, whereas on nu-Jow Forums you unironically have legions of zoomers defending that shit.

Will never in my life pay more for a light carusel
It reminds of those niggers in resort towns selling crappy chinese toys

The difference back then was that it was optional. I remember building computers as a teenager and thinking it was cool that I had blue LED fans, a UV cold cathode and UV reactive cables. These were extra items that I bought in addition to the actual hardware. Now RGB LEDs are becoming less of a choice and more of standard. Not only that, it's infecting everything.

dilate

RGB is way different to the bling bling LED case lighting we had 3-15 years ago. this shit is unironically classy now with the rainbow colours that fluidly change and move thanks to modern RGB controllers

Do you know that part of that johnny depp movie where he says that the nevada circus is how everybody on the planet would spend their weekend if the nazis had won the war? That is precisely what this is. In the near future, everything will be rgb tier things, form seoul to nyc to the amazon, and incels will bathe in rgb lighting while the other half of humanity will starve in camps. its a future that we chose, unfortunately

It is just a typical method to divide and control the populace. Once it starts to become less effective it will be replaced with something new. "us vs them" is an extremely useful tactic that almost never ever fails. Which is why 60% of the board is filled with spam bot threads that use it.